Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

those are some pics of an afghanistan map i'm working on. since this is in a very early state i decided to put the pics in here. at the moment i'm still optimizing different types of surfaces...

Hi!

Here is a small update on my Leopard 2a5.

If you compare it to my old OFP model i first importet in ArmA you can clearly see the changes i made. All new parts need do be textured now and some still needs to be modeled....

I think about making one Leo for the Racs as you can see in the Pic i will use this desertcamo for the Racs Leo.

new Version

leoracsra8.th.jpg

old Version

leonormwn0.th.jpg

those are some pics of an afghanistan map i'm working on.

Very nice BadBenson, but is that a weird linear-stone thing in picture 8 I see ?

Quote[/b] ]Very nice BadBenson, but is that a weird linear-stone thing in picture 8 I see ?

what do u mean? can u mark it...can't seem to find it.

Nice Swden Soliders Vilas they will verry helpfull in missions like NATO ( Polish, German, Sweden ) vs Ressistance.

Oh no you dont vilas...If you stop now ill hunt you down and throw some verry hard eyelooks at you...

SFP isnt doing anything for arma as we KNOW...

Nothing is said...

So please please pretty please, keep em coming.

I know i NEED them.

Btw, the ones here looks sweet as pure sugar...

notworthy.gif

/From a swedish arma player...

they get MLODs and texture in multilayer files to edit

but i know my texture is poor, cause tiling Swedish camo is hard, it has big pattern, hard to make tile-able texture from it, i hope SFP mod member will develop this smile_o.gif

yes

please delete OSOBNOST selection, than BIS face will disappear

Amazing work, BadBenson!

Are you thinking of including custom houses, or just the BIS ones?

Abs

glad u like it... smile_o.gif

since my time is limited and i'm really not into modelling anymore (used to be...) i'm gonna stick with this for now. but who knows...maybe for arma2 biggrin_o.gif

but i think the houses from BIS, except from looking a little too clean and not as selfmade as some real afghan villages, will do it.

this is just my first map. so i'm learning by doing here...no time for perfection wink_o.gif ...but as always: help is welcome. so if u know custom middle-east houses except from those ofpish ones that Cat_Shit_One used on CAT_Afghanistan.

some more pics...opiumfarming now included (need an opium plant model)

the first pic shows my satmap which makes the map look really nice from high above.

satvy1.jpg

Looks killer mate, the few roads and huts here and there is great - no need for big cities and extra lag!

Thanks so much

Stew

Yes that s good !

Do you use the 3DE ? And Opterix Building ? whistle.gif

If you dont make a "real" city, please make an good terrain for infantery combat, with a lot of small house and a detailled field !

Good luck !

glad u like it guys.

Quote[/b] ]no need for big cities and extra lag

not a big one but a lil city to give the map a central tactical location.

Quote[/b] ]Do you use the 3DE ? And Opterix Building ? whistle.gif

If you dont make a "real" city, please make an good terrain for infantery combat, with a lot of small house and a detailled field !

Good luck !

1. no. visitor 3 and BIS buildings only. gonna use some signs pack for arabic traffic signs though.

2. that's what i try to create mate. not another huge desert with no details but a smaller one with more live in it. gonna add areas with trees and bushes too...

like that:

why arabic? noone in afghanistan (who actually lives there) speaks it.

quote CIA factbook:

Quote[/b] ]Languages:

Afghan Persian or Dari (official) 50%, Pashto (official) 35%, Turkic languages (primarily Uzbek and Turkmen) 11%, 30 minor languages (primarily Balochi and Pashai) 4%, much bilingualism

On the whole a very promising island, i'd suggest using rougher looking buildings than those used at present. Maybe a few more fields with ditches and trees/ hedges?

bootneckofficer

Quote[/b] ]why arabic? noone in afghanistan (who actually lives there) speaks it.

i'm a uneducated ignorant fool crazy_o.gif

gonna fix that...gonna make whatver language that's used as official one smile_o.gif

the houses i used are the most rough and simple i found from BIS.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe a few more fields with ditches and trees/ hedges?

as i said areas with vegetation are planned.

Looks amazing Benson! Perfect for Tank/infantry Battles, will the city be good for CQB tactics??