Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Opteryx: in visitor you use as normal Artificial object or a natural object (plant)?

Pretty much the same as you'd do it with trees, but kinda in rows and columns to give that crop feel.  smile_o.gif

wheat.jpg

Another question that is making me curious:

Will the wheat lag more with the swing effect or without, or its the same?

Good question, personally I haven't observed anything that would constitute that, but I could be wrong.

i have the feeling that your system is not very effective to test this kinda lag level.

Some older systems like mine can easyly detect any lag difference. Ill report it when i get to my system.

about Panda question:

@ Sep. 19 2008,10:04)]
The wheat performance is pretty good even though it's not placed as clutter, but individual objects. Also the wheat will keep you concealed up to ca. 1 km.

OMG looks awesome, like another game smile_o.gif.

Those prone can still fire back or do they not see you?

If people keep using big squares (View Geometry lod) to fill the area, Ais (in prone pos) will not be able to see us and there for they will not fire.

Else several rectangles are created to simulate the wheat, separated from each other, might help ai to see trought the dense wheat in close distance (depending on the position of these rectangles).

These rectangles, if implemented, will repeat after one other and block their view in a certain distance.

There will probably be people that will experience lag, I'm sure, but I'm not going to cater to everyone. I'm primarily making maps for my own benefit (which is to quench my desire to do crazy shit for no apparent reason), anyone else's needs are second priority.

Little idea I've got: custom muzzle flash proxy.

This one is for 5-prone muzzle device for M4 class.

wippm9.th.jpg

I am still dissatisfied with left side of the middle one. I tried to make them artistic, I am fully aware the actual muzzle flashes are far more regular (it's just a nozzle and then some decompression, quite regular, repetive shape).

I tried to depict few stages of forming of flash, flash comming out to the sides and then the rest of gas leaving trough the front after the bullet exits (left pic). The idea was to animate it a bit.

Unfortuanately ArmA, like OFP, only allows for 3 textures. :<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhbGEd6o9VE

Make it bigger? It looks kinda small.

Wow Panda thats nice, i don´t think its to small but maybe a little bit to much red. Also i would do it a bit more transparent. (only my opinion).

I don´t know how those proxies work but if you only can use 3 textures wouldn´t it be possible to use a second proxy?

@ Sep. 19 2008,21:12)]Little idea I've got: custom muzzle flash proxy.

Fanastic stuff Panda[PL]

I was curious, is there anyway of shortening the animation, time wise?

I don't have much in the way of real experience but it seemed to lack a bit of that sudden 'flash'. Have you tried it with just two textures?

Thats the newiest picture of my units:

beztytuult9.jpg

weapons:

SWD-M

Beryl ( poor tounge2.gif  i will fix it today )

UKM

EDIT:

Fixed Beryl:

beztytuumv9.jpg

@maza.

Starting to get shape.

One thing is the red and white markings, don't they use black/green low visibility ones on the actual combat gear?

The other thing is the shoulder pads, is this intentional? Or normal map mistake?

I was curious, is there anyway of shortening the animation, time wise?

I don't have much in the way of real experience but it seemed to lack a bit of that sudden 'flash'. Have you tried it with just two textures?

No. Only one flash is displayed per shot.

The idea was to catch different stage of flash for each shot, like a camera would.

Unless you make an animation and embed it into your model and stoip using default zasleh completely.

That would be a bit complicated, few proxies hidden and shown one after another. Current ArmA hide animation does not work too well.

I think I'll be changing the leftmost one to fit better.

My first model in O2. I thought ArmA needs a proper car - Bugatti Type 35B (c. 1927) wink_o.gif

Still very much in WIP stage. Textures missing, Shadow LOD and some other LODs. At least supension works and the steering arms/bars what ever are moving when the steering wheel is turned

t35b_wip1.jpg

t35b_wip2.jpg

t35b_wip3.jpg

Next have to figure out how to make normal maps so that I can cut down the poly count  confused_o.gif

@ Sep. 20 2008,11:03)]@maza.

Starting to get shape.

One thing is the red and white markings, don't they use black/green low visibility ones on the actual combat gear?

The other thing is the shoulder pads, is this intentional? Or normal map mistake?

@Panda(PL)

-red and white markings

its the peacekeepers, they have red and white markings

-Shoulder pads

Yes, thats model bug i don't know how to fix it.

And then there's the fingers...your skeleton is not aligned properly.

And then there's the fingers...your skeleton is not aligned properly.

where?, fingers working good, thats animations bug.

beztytuu2wb7.jpg

@maza94.... all of thier fingers look broken and dislocated.... check your cfgSkeleton

@ Sep. 19 2008,21:12)]Little idea I've got: custom muzzle flash proxy.

This one is for 5-prone muzzle device for M4 class.

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wippm9.jpg

I am still dissatisfied with left side of the middle one. I tried to make them artistic, I am fully aware the actual muzzle flashes are far more regular (it's just a nozzle and then some decompression, quite regular, repetive shape).

I tried to depict few stages of forming of flash, flash comming out to the sides and then the rest of gas leaving trough the front after the bullet exits (left pic). The idea was to animate it a bit.

Unfortuanately ArmA, like OFP, only allows for 3 textures. :<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhbGEd6o9VE

Make it bigger? It looks kinda small.

Not bad but honestly, it doesnt look very realistic. Muzzle flash is yellowish, not redish, also it usually is always almost the same with just small changes (every round is the same, the holes remain the same, so theres no reason why it should change any dramatically).

Check this video, its a good example how the real muzzle flash should look

Good luck m8. smile_o.gif

Boborish: The first one I have made was yellow then I used white.

I think the color depends on tempreture and on whteher or not you got a full burn. The proppelent burns with white flame AFAIK.

M4 can have brighter flame than M16.

Then there is a matter of shape - this is really somewhat random since there is turbulent mixing with air.

But pictures speak for themselves.

The red around the flame is there, gasses go red as they cool down from yellow (emission wavelength is dependent on temperature). It might not get registered too often, perhabs because of difference of brightness but still... It just has to be there.

I have allready changed the flames to be more simmilar (the round one the most - got rid of it and used one simmilar to others) and I will be making the flame more yellowish I guess, since this is how I see it appear. Thanks a lot for your input. smile_o.gif

maza, check your code, I hope you're not overwriting the basic man class. Also, the problem is pretty aparent here:

przys2vi9.jpg

Panda[PL]: What you say (write) seems to be logical but the flames are indeed yellow from what I saw. Perhaps it cools down too quickly to be noticed.

Id say the shape is usually very similar with each shot, in real its just "animated", thats why it might look its random. Never seen muzzle flash in real though (not even fired or saw somebody firing a gun) so I might be wrong. wink_o.gif

Little WIP of my latest model: MILKOR MGL (M32).

*O2 model/render pre-unwrapping

M32poster.jpg

*Modo import after unwrapping and texturing

M32_import.jpg

Model was reduced in Modo (so ignore the info on the 'poster'wink_o.gif:

Faces: 4427 (tri/poly combo) - 8831 (tris only)

*Still lacks decent wear & tear. Normal and spec maps also needs serious tweaking.

I think it would be OK to make these holes in the mesh for 1st person model, at least the upper left row.

I must say it looks awesome and I adore it. Some things would fit well into normal map for resolution lods...

From me, a reaction to CC.

cool! Love the textures and the attention to detail! Can't wait to see it with some wear n tear. tounge2.gif