Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

its a nice car plaintiff! the wheels need a little love, they feel a bit unwheely at the short side, i dunno how to say it but the side that touches the ground. wink_o.gif

Excellent information DaSquade, and Neph. This is just the sort of information I need.

Rightly or wrongly, I'm trying to build every object in its highest LOD first, then break it down later as I'm going. For the interior LOD and the first exterior, what kind of Pcount am I looking at respectively?

Quote[/b] ]Rightly or wrongly, I'm trying to build every object in its highest LOD first, then break it down later as I'm going.

sounds like a plan smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]For the interior LOD and the first exterior, what kind of Pcount am I looking at respectively?

basic thumbrule: as much as needed, as low as possible.

Hi, i think that the interior "LOD" is not low, that's a Trabant... is

"like that"; and voluminous wheels!? my God... don't the Trabant

came with 11" wheels? i wouldn't call "that" voluminous. In fact...

if someone give me a Trabant, i 1St will kill the heretic who dares

to offend me with "such pressent" and then i'll burn it's body inside

the Trabant for free the world of booth things; the offense and the

offender. Let's C ya >>;-)

sweet! I miss the T-55's a bit from ofp! It will be interesting to see this take shape and colors smile_o.gif

some wip pics of my wheat field and mud huts. btw does someone know why my huts are fully lighted at night. the texture is fully lighted without normalmap at night.

Very interesting work Benson but i think it would be better if the walls colours would match with the ground colour.

Nice Objects @ BadBenson

small criticism: like cheritto said, but i would change the ground detail textur a bit in this direction like the sattexur in the distance  The wheat field is absolut constant, all is at the same high and that looks not realy natural. Maby you can tweak it a bit so it gets some differentness. But texture looks very nice smile_o.gif

\Sgt.Ace

@Sgt.Ace:thx man...it's all still testing at the moment (since i new to this) and working on "different fronts" here. but i'm gonna fix this thumbs-up.gif .

about the wheat: yeah i had a more "screwed" version before and will try to make it look more random again. i'm just working on the gameplay aspect of it at the moment. since there's strange things going on crazy_o.gif

btw did u get my PM on your animal addon? if not pls contact me on MSN pls: felipeH@freenet.de

Wheat is popular this season.  tounge2.gif

3-4.jpg

2-4.jpg

1-6.jpg

Nicholas Bell suggested a long time ago I should add wheat crops, but I was skeptical, however after seeing BadBenson and Bravo6's pics I decided I gotta try!

-edit-

Oh yeah, if anyone has a clue where to get high-res wheat textures, do tell! crazy_o.gif

ok. now i'm gonna give up on this. since every island maker suddenly wants to create his own wheat (and hell your texture rocks) i'm gonna wait and see which one makes the best one and then afterwards use this (if i'm allowed) nener.gif

don't have the time for this kind of competition. and like in all other sections it's unnecessary to reinvent the wheel over and over again and create the same thing over and over again. hope i can use this on my island when it's done...looks sweet(-er than mine)

about the texture: that's why i made my own. i searched nights for a good reference. semms like we have to send someone to take a highres fotograf biggrin_o.gif

Nice one, Opteryx. thumbs-up.gif

Sorry, the only close-up of "crops" i could send you would be something like this.  tounge2.gif

looks nice m8, yeah about the quality i think we can all do better. We shouldn't be so lazzy tounge2.gif

i have a good quality pic but its for green wheat color and its only 1 plant, but im looking for better ones aswell.

Looks like its the harvest season  biggrin_o.gif

PS- hope you can make it work for the AIs! I have it working with your brilliant idea and looks very nice. Still the eye candy must be improved. mp me if you want the pic

edit: i must say these fields are so cool to play around hehe, while testing them i have alot of fun

Outstanding work - on all versions so far!

notworthy.gif

This addition will make me smile much more than any other tank, weapon or 'whatever'.

Would love to see this in the future on european themed islands..Schamlfelden, P85 Island, Everon being made ...

Keep it up!

Nice Pics all!

Okay i have have done most of the Lods in O2 for my Leopard and got it back in ArmA for some first Scrrenshots of the updated version. This time it shows the Leopard in the 2A6 version with the longer L/55 canon.

23721448ja7.th.jpg

15697337ud1.th.jpg

33833051qh8.th.jpg

Excellent find Bravo6!

-edit-

The wheat performance is pretty good even though it's not placed as clutter, but individual objects. Also the wheat will keep you concealed up to ca. 1 km.

Enemy patrol spotted

Pic

Engaging....

Pic

Half the squad goes crouched, rest go prone which makes them near 100% concealed, firefight ensues

Pic

Sounds really sweet Opteryx! can't wait to play hide and seek in the weeds biggrin_o.gif Could be really cool for mp sneaking around there with a few grenades and a m4 sd. thumbs-up.gif

The wheat performance is pretty good even though it's not placed as clutter, but individual objects. Also the wheat will keep you concealed up to ca. 1 km.

OMG looks awesome, like another game smile_o.gif.

Those prone can still fire back or do they not see you?

Opteryx: in visitor you use as normal Artificial object or a natural object (plant)?

Another question that is making me curious:

Will the wheat lag more with the swing effect or without, or its the same?