Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

opfor fans? no way! that's not opposing force...

it's called, love to eastern block technologies leading western technologies to catch up with eastern ones and saying no for western "democracy" disease spreading over the world.

i ment, i'm waiting with eager for the that surprise.

P.S. sorry for my millitary beliefs nener.gif

Hi,

notworthy.gif  Thank you Soviet.

I have a special surprise for the Opfor fans, news soon smile_o.gif

Cheers, GH.

A ''special'' surprise! crazy_o.gif

A saw so many things from you... I have no idea of what it will be! biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, everythings look really great. smile_o.gif

Good night!

-Soviet-

Just because he can, it's simple as that...

Its good that he has the folding wings on it. Would be nice if the static engine off anim had the cockpit open. An Su-37 Terminator would be good.. In fact the whole Su-27 family

Agree with Wolfbite, I love the whole SU-27 family, but the Terminator is damn sexy  inlove.gif

And lovely model too wink_o.gif

Very nice.

Show use some wireframes.

Is it a number of polygons?

It is about 7800 in a present state.

I think that the number of polygons increases more because there are parts that have not made IRST and pylon yet either.

(Finally, it is thought that it becomes about 10000. )

My WIP project got ingame....

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3152/zaztestac3.jpg

Now working on unfinished LODs, original ZAZ sounds, and maybe tweak textures and then add mroe variations, not jsut white colored.

do tweak the wheel textures :P The car looks like it has been in some dirty terrain and got new wheels after the offroad drive wink_o.gif

A couple of WIP shots of a cromwell tank I'm making for the 31st Normandy mod. Keep in mind, this is my first model, and is work in progress.

CromwellBuldozer.jpg

CromwellWires.jpg

Looks very clean.  It should be easy to add detail there.  Good start.

Topologizing the wheels like you have is good for finishing, but you may find that it is easier to detail them if you keep the pole in the centre of the cap of the cylinder until later.  It looks like you are doing this thing in oxygen, which I have no idea about, but some bevelling and extruding algorithms take into account edge frequency when they are deciding what shape to make out of the old geo.

One thing that you should watch for is the thickness of surfaces. The tracks especially and some other details are seeming quite chunky. When everything is very chunky, the model looks very static because there isn't very much visual contrast, which makes it seem unreal.

Yeah, I'm doing this model in O2, I have other options, but wanted to keep this low-poly, for the large scale the mod's going for. I've already re-done the turret to add the cut-out at the front where the weapons pivot from. The tracks were actually just cut from the T72, I'm going to delete them and pull the tracks off the M113 (Better fit for the Cromwell), and adjust their size. It was very early this morning, I just wanted to get some tracks on there for screenshots at that point.

Unfortunately, O2 has no bevel tool that I'm aware of, and has only a very basic extrude that works by creating and attaching a new face the same size as the face you're extruding.

The angle doesn't help with the chunky look, too, I accidentally took a myspace photo (Tank's got the angles), I'll take some clearer ones when I've polished it up a bit, added some more details.

Thanks for the feedback, Plaintiff.

Topologizing the wheels...

Is that even a word? rofl.gif

Anyho, as you say

Looks very clean. It should be easy to add detail there. Good start.

Edit: I forget, having as the last bit of your post breaks the board. So added some blah.

You should replace the toothed drive sprockets at the front with smooth idler wheels:

Cromwell.jpg

Always great to see British armour of any era being made.

Topologizing the wheels...

Is that even a word?  rofl.gif

Anyho, as you say

Looks very clean.  It should be easy to add detail there.  Good start.

Edit: I forget, having

as the last bit of your post breaks the board. So added some blah.

Of course it is not a word. 'Polies' is not a word. You understand what I mean if I say 'polies' do you not?

on some elements on this tank i see wrong shading

you can apply sharp edges to some faces/shapes by selecting faces and typing U from keyboard

wheels have sharp edges instead of soft, so you should first make wheels (generally "cylinder" shape ) , typu I from keyboard, than select bottom, type U, select top of cylinder , type U

otherwise you will have stupid looking wheels (with rectangles on cylinder), barrel, cannon... etc.

than type F5 to recalculate all normals

my W.I.P. , who knows (except one man who gave me sources) which country is that tactical vest that now is on SLAman smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

swed.jpg

it is very early w.i.p. without valid camo patern :]

CromwellWires2.jpg

CromwellBuldozer2.jpg

Here's an update on the Cromwell, it's starting to look like a tank, which is nice.

I've still got to go back through the model and delete several missing faces and re-work the armored skirts, but hopefully I'll have it textured this week, and in-game at least as a static model by Friday.

Cromwel looks developing, now you know how to make "sharp" edges smile_o.gif

it really helps in model look smile_o.gif

sweds.jpg

it would be my addon, small one like BW Flecktarn, but if i heard that SFP mod is alive , than they will be developing the rest biggrin_o.gif and changing temporary texture themselves

sweds1.jpg

sweds2.jpg