Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Literally stunning gun ya got there vilas, maybe good weapon for resistance? smile_o.gif . you should make it has huge recoil when you fire from standing, but when you lie down to ground, the recoil is MUCH lower, and easilly maneuvarable ( did I write it right? tounge2.gif )

Next addon I'm looking to release is Footmunch's F35 Joint Strike Fighter addon from Opf. (With Permission)

F35  Joint Strike Fighter

Will be implementing two variants Vtol (note Vtol and stol like the arma harrier) and standard versions.

Southy

JSF2.jpg

JSFyt.jpgF35 Vid

Remake of my M8/XM8 Pack from OFP to ArmA with some more details.

xm81fd0.th.jpg xm82bn5.th.jpg xm83gp5.th.jpg

Hi, i hate the XM8's, but those (if are as they were in the OFP) look

very well done and if im not wrong... they also sounded very well,

or it may had been the JAM3 or the ECP v1.085. The Jonn's SF's

will look good with 'em on the hands. I'll be awaiting for those über

uggly assault rifles. Let's C ya

Those XMs look awesome, what I've tried to model, I cannot even imagine how hard that would have been. and I agree with wipman, SFs will look über-badasses with those melting-death-machines wink_o.gif

Some update on the Ka-52 Alligator... still pretty rough, but now it flies (and has interior), which is a huge success for me, as I suck totally at config...

ingame2fc4.th.jpg

ingame3eu3.th.jpg

ingame4ox2.th.jpg

ingame5ox6.th.jpg

Cool video from Eble showing his progess with the JSF

Nice work mate

EricM and grazyboy cool job  thumbs-up.gif

btw Eric if you done this hokum , can u make KA-60 Kasatka ?  biggrin_o.gif

The Kasatka became my favorite helicopter when I gather info after playing MGS2.

We have Sigma's Tanker, we have your units RH, we just need a Solid Snake soldier, the Ka-60 and we are done!

nice kamov! Looks uber deadly and uber sexy with that black texture! smile_o.gif

Can't wait to try it ingame one day.

As a big fan of the Alligator, thank you very much for making a great looking one smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]As a big fan of the Alligator, thank you very much for making a great looking one

Thanks. I'm trying to configure it by myself this time. But I'm having a problem with the turret as posted in the editing section :

- optics do not follow the gun when in "turret view", making the crosshair dissapear off the screen

- the mouse cursor is inversed in the turret : you need to aim right to shoot left...

Don't know why...

Presuming you are talking about the upper periscope ( "Samshite" day-and-night TV/thermal sighting system comes in two spherical turrets, one over the cockpit and second under the nose). It depends which version you are modeling. If I remember well, the periscope is used to aim and track targets for missiles (mostly 9K121 Vikhr anti-tank and Kh-25 demolition missiles, usually displayed ), also because the cannon cannot turn on the left side.

Cannot remember the correct angle rotation capability, if you want I can do a research. Unfortunately I cannot help with config, at all sad_o.gif

If you need any help with weapons just gimme a call, I have many pictures and references about this beautiful helycopter smile_o.gif

BTW, check the missile loadout, those seem to me Mil-28's ones ( Shturm or Ataka anti-tank ), in packs of 4.

Vikhr comes in a different rail wink_o.gif

I fixed the cursor inversion, but gunner optics (you know, like in ironsight mode) still won't follow the gun aimpoint... I'm starting the think this has to do with inheriting weird things from the Ka-50 config...

About the missiles, they are placeholders taken straight from my MI-24. So, no wonder they look different. I'll have a look at the Vikhr rails.

About the gun rotation capability, I made it 40 degrees on the right side and 80 degrees below. This might be a bit extreme though...

EricM - if you just want your gun viewpoint to be linked to the cannon itself, all you need to do is locate (or create) the gunnerview point in the memory LOD and bind it to your turret selections. I.e., if my turret is otocvez and otochlaven, I would create those selections in memory LOD and bind gunnerview to them.

If you're binding it to a sensor turret (as done with the AH-1Z), follow the same process as above but replace the gun turret selections with your sensor selections.

To config it all (including sensors turret), you can do it this way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class mainTurret

{

type = "rotationY";

source = "mainTurret";

selection = "otocvez";

axis = "osaveze";

animPeriod = 0;

memory = 1;

minValue = "rad -360";

maxValue = "rad +360";

angle0 = "rad -360";

angle1 = "rad +360";

};

class mainGun

{

type = "rotationX";

source = "mainGun";

selection = "otochlaven";

axis = "osahlavne";

animPeriod = 0;

memory = 1;

minValue = "rad -360";

maxValue = "rad +360";

angle0 = "rad -360";

angle1 = "rad +360";

};

class sensors_turret : mainTurret

{

source = "mainTurret";

selection = "tads_tur";

axis = "osa_tads_tur";

};

class sensors : mainGun

{

source = "mainGun";

selection = "tads";

axis = "osa_tads";

};

This will cause the selection "tads" and "tads_tur" to follow the motion of the gun.

EDIT: Your question about gun azimuth -

"The mount allows the cannon to deflect from -2° to +9° in azimuth and from +3° to -37° in elevation."

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Thanks a lot, the binding did the trick : now it moves (a little bit on the right, 2° to +9° in azimuth and from +3° to -37° in elevation thanks for the info).

I'm so happy to have my first "alpha" chopper in game ! It flies, it shoots, it has a basic turret and retracting gear (almost.... It folds backward, but don't translate inside the hull...)

Config stuff is like the madman hammering its head : it's so painfull when you do it, but so good when you stop !

Now I can make lower lods, shadowlods, damage maps, finish the cockpit (add some instruments) + night cockpit textures...

Well I'm not there yet, but at least I can already have fun !

Sup WIP

I'm trying to make a bunch of Iraqi type murals, monuments, shrines etc.

Mural.jpg

Here's one I made today, but I'm curious if anybody has some good sources for textures and reference images for such.

Critique on the the model is welcome too.

Sup WIP

I'm trying to make a bunch of Iraqi type murals, monuments, shrines etc.

p><p>Here

Critique on the the model is welcome too.

If it is for after the US invasion.. make it look like some Iraqi or US soldier shot his mag empty on it. http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wink_o.gif' alt='wink_o.gif'> The thing looks great btw!

True, I've noticed there's not one mural post-invasion that's not vandalized. tounge2.gif

Nice work Opteryx. You might want to contact DJFrogstar. He is more or less a crack on those things and has loads of reference material...Not sure if you already have him as contact (he doesn't checks this forum anymore afaik), if not...i ask him to contact you if he wants (skype).

I made some Iraqy stuff aswell a long time ago including a small amount of monuments and an iraqy busstop. It was made between OFP (VBS1) and the start of ArmA so it will need some adjustment in the texture department etc smile_o.gif.

If interested, you can find some old pics of it here:

http://users.pandora.be/EEChome/tikrit/

Nice work Opteryx. You might want to contact DJFrogstar. He is more or less a crack on those things and has loads of reference material...Not sure if you already have him as contact (he doesn't checks this forum anymore afaik), if not...i ask him to contact you if he wants (skype).

Yeah I talk to him on occasion, but he's really busy atm it seems, not too fond of MSN either which is what I use mostly, skype is... a bit annoying.

If interested, you can find some old pics of it here:

http://users.pandora.be/EEChome/tikrit/

Nice stuff!

Haa!

Looks like you learn to like to make models biggrin_o.gif

hihihi ^^

Its contagious, isn't it? smile_o.gif

Great work!