Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Hi!

I am currently working on a Leopard 2a5 which i made for OFP a while ago. The model misses some parts and its still a long way to go but it is already rolling so i thought i show a small video of it.

-LEO PIC-

Youtube low Quality link:

Veoh (better Quality)

Veoh

Zshare video download (good Quality)

leopard_2a5.zip - 28.10MB

Any chance for polish skin?

Wipman - standalone ? i don't know how will I do it, cause i don't know :]

NGFT - it is not looking like real AK47, it is not similar to real shape

Maza - you were saying about fire-selectors of Beryl, you were saying about polish T80 now you ask about 2A5 Polish skin huh.gif

omg :/

your military knowledge is ... minimal

none of Beryl had fire selector on right sight like AK, it was always only safety switch, fire selector was on left, like from Tantal since 1988

we had no T80 in army of Poland like we don't have Leopard 2A5 !!!

Hi, Vilas, i was trying to mean: make 'em a single Bofors AK-5's Pack;

without include 'em inside a vehicles or weapons packs. Just a simple

.pbo that have AK-5's models and textures. A stan alone weapons

pack. That's what i tryed to mean, that's how i'll do it and that's

what i was asking you if you could do it that way. Just that, nothing

more. Let's C ya

Quote[/b] ]Nice one!

Will you also make a Dutch one?

Quote[/b] ]Could you do a Canadian leopard as well??

Well my main goal at first is to finish this model someday and there is still a lot work to do. Also i would need someone who can write me a good config for the tank.

A new Texture would be no problem maybe i will release the PS data for the tank so everyone can make his own Skin without much problems but we will see. Don´t know if there will also be a 2A6 version because iam missing my original Max File. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any chance for polish skin?

As said a new skin would be no Problem but i never heard of a polish Leopard 2A5. wink_o.gif

Excuse the poor lighting  sad_o.gif ( @ DaSquade: yes, lighting is wrong on the missile but I did not touch it yet  biggrin_o.gif  ).

Something that was really missing in default models is a correct missile catapult. Here comes the first of 3 models I'm building up, the AKY-58, displayed carrying a TV guided KH-29T.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/GodHammer74/Aky-58.jpg

And while I thank Aimpoint for the great work made

( normal+specular+materials+checking for errors) on my GBU-15 model, I would like to share with you guys our last work:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/GodHammer74/GBU15_nm.jpg

It can be turned easily into an AGM-130 missile, adding the rocket to the main body.

Cheers all, GH.

whats the texture resolution and how many do you use ?

whats the poly count ?

whats your release strategy ? as a pack or as weapon types ?

huh.gif

Was in two minds to mention this or not, but permission to convert the following has been obtained, I'll be working on it same time as the F35.

Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut

Su 47 wikipedia

su47%20small.jpg

Southy

@ orson: Just one 512x512 texture, 600 faces total, gonna see how the baby goes in game, then I'll decide if I need to add a second LOD. I made these ( GBUs-15) for Racs F16s, they come in pairs with a GBU-28 ( that's in my workbench right now) and the 2 pods that make the LANTIRN.

But as almost every model I do, they are avayable on request, via PM, for addon makers wishing to build up new versions/loadouts.

@ Eble: I remember it from OFP smile_o.gif

Hope you will give the Golden Eagle a great interior texture, it was missing from the original model if I do not remember wrong huh.gif

Cheers all, GH  smile_o.gif

decide if you need to add a second LOD? Personally speaking, you need to be adding a lot more than that. At 50% reduction, and remembering its being placed on another model as well, then LOD 1 = 600, 2 = 300, 3 = 150, 4 = 75, 5 = 30.

If not, you're adding 1200 faces per LOD of the host vehicles (comes in pairs as you said). Not 'such' a big deal for the main LOD, but the lower LODs that only have, say, 1000 faces total, you've just effectively doubled that.

Cylinders are very easy to LOD, so there's no excuse not to. If you want a quick walkthough, I'll shoot you a PM with a quick method to Cylinder lodding.

@ Messiah: not a matter of excuses, maybe a matter of TONS of things I am modeling for various Mods, and few time to make everything. These ( KAB bombs, GBUs .. ) are side-projects I am into for fun. They will be completed when I have the time/chance/will.

Mostly I am making stuff for P'85, ( KH-29L, R-60, B-8M, UB-32-57, FABs, KMGU... ) so you will see my stuff as the Mod is released. When I get bored of a model or have some free time i just enjoy modeling something I like smile_o.gif

I appreciate that (trust me, I've very much been in the same position up until recently), but to put it very simply these very very nice models you're creating require streamlining in the form of LODs to have any chance of being used efficiently in game.

Unless the MOD's you're making them for are going to LOD them themselves of course, then there's no problem biggrin_o.gif .Bear it in mind though. Looking at your model, those LODs I listed could be created in 30 minutes max, if not quicker, and retaining correct UV's.

I really like your style and your work, so I'm merely commenting because I'd like to see these ingame and usable. I'm not sure if you were around for OFP, but there were a lot of very nice looking addons, that simply couldn't be used for missions because they were poorly optimised and Lodded.

Well, shoot this PM and I'll do what I can wink_o.gif

And thanks for the offer and critiques, you have already helped me out with the trasparency matter, once, so you are welcome to comment notworthy.gif

I'm trying to walk my first steps into the Materials-Normals-Speculars fields, to improve my models, and time unfortunately is a tyrant sad_o.gif

no problem, I'll write up a quick example to show you how its done, and you can see how you feel about it - time is definitely a nemesis with hobbies like these.

@Messiah

Why not write it up more proper-like and share it with the rest of the community, eh? wink_o.gif Plenty of space over at OFPEC for a tiny little LOD-making tutorial. tounge2.gif

Carry on.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Theres no need for a lod tutorial..

if you maintaing proper edgeloops upon modelling you could derive all the LOD from the hi poly model, just by deleting edgeloops.

Yeah, but not every time is it possible to maintain an edgeloop, or sometimes it's just not efficient. But then again it's not often that that happens.

Theres no need for a lod tutorial..

if you maintaing proper edgeloops upon modelling you could derive all the LOD from the hi poly model, just by deleting edgeloops.

Not all of us use other modeling programs (or at least edge loops means nothing to me with regards to O2). Some of us only have access to O2. I don't think its your place to tell anyone whether or not there's a need for a LOD tutorial.

Wolfrug, despite Neph's protests as to the validity of a tutorial, not a problem. I'd been planning on writing a quick tutorial for a while now, so I don't see why not.

Neph - nener.gif (I know you mean well, but some of us prefer our crappy O2 and its fun little ways, so I see no harm in helping them along with it)

!!PROTEST!! tounge2.gif  

no offense taken mate  wink_o.gif

thing is, that the whole LOD thing has been covered pretty extensively in the past in OFP days, which in arma didnt really change (the reso lods).

breaking down models to lower levels isnt that hard even in oxy. despite the fact that you mostlikely gonna screw the mapping of the existing model.

anyway

afaik theres a nifty tool called polycruncher.

i havent tested it and cant say how well it works.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, but not every time is it possible to maintain an edgeloop, or sometimes it's just not efficient. But then again it's not often that that happens.

of course,

but as i said if you maintain edgeloops, reduce them eg by each 2nd edgeloop on your model you can get really fast results.

making the mesh efficient out of that is easy then.

Yeah, but on some character models that works only half the time sad_o.gif.

!!PROTEST!! tounge2.gif  

thing is, that the whole LOD thing has been covered pretty extensively in the past in OFP days, which in arma didnt really change (the reso lods).

breaking down models to lower levels isnt that hard even in oxy. despite the fact that you mostlikely gonna screw the mapping of the existing model.

anyway

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, but not every time is it possible to maintain an edgeloop, or sometimes it's just not efficient. But then again it's not often that that happens.

of course,

but as i said if you maintain edgeloops, reduce them eg by each 2nd edgeloop on your model you can get really fast results.

polycruncher was mainly designed to bring over highpoly sculpts into mainstream modeling software without loosing detail. I dont think its much help in already low-poly things however it might do the optimizing job on the 1st LOD.

As for tutorials, why not? I say the more the better!

Nah, polycruncher doesn't work well with already Low poly models. I think it works on the edge loop, so it's not quite as effective for low poly models as it is making lods on your own.

As i said bout polycruncher, i dont really know how it works, just heard about it.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, but on some character models that works only half the time

yea some :P its all about how you work wink_o.gif

!!PROTEST!! tounge2.gif  

anyway

of course,

Agreed, all this small tutorial does is introduce the uv editor into the process and removes the need for you to remap cylinders, which is always nice.

wadfdaha0.jpg

Polish Peace Keeping Contingent still ( but soo long tounge2.gif ) WIP

Hi GH,

Again great work! smile_o.gif

Your AKY-58 missile catapult is amazing. smile_o.gif

Good day!

-Soviet-

notworthy.gif Thank you Soviet.

I have a special surprise for the Opfor fans, news soon smile_o.gif

Cheers, GH.