Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

what if 2 years later some people say, hey we need a new F-15, cause the one we have doesnt look as cool as newer models..

will you make a new one or say no, as its already made?

If I could suggest something to the mods: wouldn't it be OK to create a new topic for this discussion and put the last few posts there?

As for the community:

Having the options I decided to make HK416 and 417 for my mod because in my infinite faith in community I belived it will produce an M4/M16 pack of even greater quality before I'm done.

All I see is CSS imported M16a4s (good but not taking advantage of real time rendering) and Wipman's M4 pack ("silver mettalic" Bis models strapped one onto another, not optimised).

It's either:

1) M4 has lost its popularity

2) there is no modeller among the M4 fans.

I'd agree but for one man: Sam "Jackal326" Baker.

The man who eats, sleeps and dreams M4's... and various other weapons. tounge2.gif

Hi, well Panda... as i've said many times... im not an addon maker,

nor a modeler nor a texturer. Im just a player who've the photoshop;

"i did" my M4's pack the best that i could to fill the holes

that BIS left in the ArmA weaponry, for me.. you... and the rest of

the players if they want to use 'em.

I agree that we need or at least will be pimp to have more weapons,

units and vehicles; but we'll still need more stuff to fill all the holes

in the ArmA, like yeah... LAV-25's III, slat armoured strykers (for

those who uses army units) better M1A1's, strykers & LAV's with

bigger guns, static weapons systems and much more. Im fine with

my M4's that between the BIS weapons and my M4's + Aimpoint's

Desert Weapons... we already have (i think) all the yankee main

weapons that we'll need to rearm properly our units and addon

units to complete any mission. We just need more weapons systems

and overall... missions to play with the stuff that we do without

the need of join a klan to play with this addons, because it's very

sad to make something with all your good faith and then see it

take dust in 3 mod folders in your ArmA installation. Let's C ya

In addition, seeking someone's permission to use their art and developing your own art are two fantastically different things.

"fantastically different"  lol .... your funny. Different says you.

As many people who actually know whats involved in making an propoer addon will tell you, its more than just "art".

There also 2 fantastically different ways to convert an OFP addon to ArmA, the easy way, and the right way.

I've already spent an estimated 320 hrs just on the Su33 .... and its only 3/4 way towards releasable.

A good addon in ArmA is fantastically different from 1 in OFP.

"Convert" is a lightweight word. As Footmunch said to me, he's not doing anymore conversions because its easier to start from scratch. I now see what he means.

@Messiah

Yes, your right, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't do it. smile_o.gif

Gnat @ Aug. 06 2008,11:44)]
In addition, seeking someone's permission to use their art and developing your own art are two fantastically different things.

"fantastically different"  lol .... your funny. Different says you.

As many people who actually know whats involved in making an propoer addon will tell you, its more than just "art".

There also 2 fantastically different ways to convert an OFP addon to ArmA, the easy way, and the right way.

I've already spent an estimated 320 hrs just on the Su33 .... and its only 3/4 way towards releasable.

A good addon in ArmA is fantastically different from 1 in OFP.

"Convert" is a lightweight word. As Footmunch said to me, he's not doing anymore conversions because its easier to start from scratch. I now see what he means.

@Messiah

Yes, your right, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't do it. smile_o.gif

If it wasn't fantastically different, why didn't you just start from scratch?

Crap i wanted to show some work in progress but i made the wrong thread i gues. Sorry, i look for the right one biggrin_o.gif

*throws a stone into the moderators cave and runs away to hide behind a large rock  whistle.gif

*edit * nooo spirit please ! show us some wip's .. get this topic back on its rails smile_o.gif

how about some info on it...

wireframes, texture samples whatever...

this is not the photography thread...

great looking textures on those F-16's! thumbs-up.gif

Any info about them? Polycounts or anything smile_o.gif

how about some info on it...

wireframes, texture samples whatever...

It's Footmunche's F-16 which was openable in O2, was going to say the polycount but apparently I don't have the max file on it anymore and O2 does not work on this machine for whatever reason.

How about you read the thread name LITTLE more carelfully, what does it say WIP THREAD, as we all can see. and what our fellow poster wld247 posted WORK IN PROGRESS picture, you shouldnt whine about it. smile_o.gif

My squad is about to Beta test a WWII mod.  It's about 2 plus months in work right now.  It features a huge 23,592 square kilometer map with 300,000+ objects that will be great for the famous tank and air battles of WWII.  It includes all of the famous beaches of Normandy, all of Paris & London according to WWII photography as much as the google search engine will lend to us or other history books and maps.  Several towns are included such Sainte-mer-Eglise, Vierville-sur-Mer and Calais.  Particular terrain famouse to WWII such as hill # 148 and the famous pegasus bridge are in it.  The terrain and elevation map was made using NASA's space shuttle radar imaging.  There are several models in the works and the infantry are that of the "Vilas" variety, with permission of course.  I dunno IF or when we will release this to the community.  We'd sure like to because it's a ton of fun to play.  We shall see.

Here's a few screenies:

lcm311.jpg

grassy1.jpg

jagd1-1.jpg

map19.jpg

map2.jpg

map1.jpg

I may start a WIP thread for this if people have suggestions or input.  OF course if you'd like to participate in the Beta testing of it you can always PM me with your info.  We do this on a private server.

they look ok though the textures seem a bit dubious in some photos, definatly need a bit of work in that area but they have the potential to be very neat addons biggrin_o.gif

Yeah right now we aren't going for beauty, we going for the functionality of it. Touch-ups come later.

in my opinion, community instead of saying "wooow" seeing sixth' version of AK, should ask "we wanna see something that was not released yet"

here you go something that was never in OFP or ArmA  tounge2.gif

ZAZ-968M

but since its not another uber M4 or SCAR pack, no one cares  whistle.gif

zaz1ev9.jpg

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2599/zazcm1.jpg

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7722/zaz2mg8.jpg

Sorry no wire frame views, i did post them before.

@Rip31st liking the English Channel idea!

smile_o.gif

Now all is left is Kriegsmarine addon and Royal navy addon tounge2.gif

KM & Royal navy would be cool. Only watercraft we have so far is the LCM3 higgin's style landing craft.

that ww2 mod seems awesome! hope you have some custom buildings for the old ww2 feel smile_o.gif

@USSRsniper Nice car! Hey it would be cool if you made a best ofcollection of 'em old school european cars like old volvo's wolksvagens and trabants ect. smile_o.gif just and idea wink_o.gif