Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

Quote[/b] ]Posted on June 05 2008,12:54
Quote[/b] ] (Specter @ June 03 2008,14:32)

in real life you would drop the tube (ok, you wouldn't even have the tube in real life) and hit the roof (even tho it's on fire).

in arma you get shot and die.

You quite really would have tube on your hand in reality if you choose to use another AT4 your having. AT-launchers are not yet so advanced that they get armed, directed to target and launched without hands of human. icon_rolleyes.gif

Unability to interupt animations is another matter, but that is engine limitation.

He means that you wouldn't have an empty launcher as they are one shot disposable items so you wouldn't be faffing about reloading while your getting shot at, you'd just be able to drop it and use your primary.

In my experience i tend to hit F as soon as i have

fired a M136..That changes the current weapon

to the previous. If you had karbine in hand then it

would change to karbine. It doesent change as fast

as i would like, but sometimes you make it and some

times you dont.

I dont whant the M136 to be reloadable. It is a FAF

weapon and should be so in game aswell..

RPG is reloadeble in RL as should be in game. If we want

a reloadeble AT weapon we should use the Carl-Gustaf

(GRG in swe) or some other ReL AT weapon...

I've been working on that, but had to take a break with the module because of school for a few months.

The biggest trouble is to make it user friendly to carry several tubes, transfer a unspent tube from one person to another, and to be able to both carry a tube (or more) and a rucksack at the same time.

All of the above can be made to work but not in the most user friendly way because of ArmA's simplistic UI and poor inventory system.

Since it shouldn't be a chore to play ACE we'll see how much (if any) of the above is implemented, but for disposable launchers to shine (and maybe even to have them exist) it would be nice if all of them worked smoothly.

Well, you allways work in pair as a gunner/loader situation.

So a system were the Gunner carries the weapon with

AT ammo inside and the Loader can carry a backcargo

system with additional ammo(SMOKE, ILUM, AP) would

be prefered. And to be able to use the loader as a gunner

you have to be in close range, like 1-2ft NO MORE.

If you are in that range to the loader you get an action

to "RELOAD" when fired a shell.

Jeeeeze, i thought you were talking about the Carl-

Gustaf. Sorry..

Quote[/b] ]Posted on June 05 2008,12:54
Quote[/b] ] (Specter @ June 03 2008,14:32)

in real life you would drop the tube (ok, you wouldn't even have the tube in real life) and hit the roof (even tho it's on fire).

in arma you get shot and die.

You quite really would have tube on your hand in reality if you choose to use another AT4 your having. AT-launchers are not yet so advanced that they get armed, directed to target and launched without hands of human. icon_rolleyes.gif

Unability to interupt animations is another matter, but that is engine limitation.

He means that you wouldn't have an empty launcher as they are one shot disposable items so you wouldn't be faffing about reloading while your getting shot at, you'd just be able to drop it and use your primary.

Have to admit that i don't have ArmA installed, but does it take even one second when guy hit the dirt? In OFP this was slow process, but hitting dirt in ArmA when having launcher is very fast process. Then just grap rifle from action menu.

Reloading-animation (if that what he ment) can't be interupted, that is engine limitation.

Reloading-animation (if that what he ment) can't be interupted, that is engine limitation.

yeah, that's what i ment... and maybe, just maybe there is a workaround that can abort the animation (like the farp-building in evo, when you start the farping and get in a vehicle, it aborts the animation and just build the farp...)

I really can not wait for the release as ACE has became a bigger and bigger project, but i have a question/suggestion.

I know it'd need a lot of work but have you planned to integrate 3D optic for zoomed scope (i.e. Acog)?

The best example that came in mind is the J4 scope (x4 zoom) which comes with the ofrp mod, and it is a 3d optic: example screenshot. You should take a look at it.

Double post crazy_o.gif, my bad.

I really can not wait for the release as ACE has became a bigger and bigger project, but i have a question/suggestion.

I know it'd need a lot of work but have you planned to integrate 3D optic for zoomed scope (i.e. Acog)?

The best example that came in mind is the J4 scope (x4 zoom) which comes with the ofrp mod, and it is a 3d optic: example screenshot. You should take a look at it.

Its a cool affect but I don't think its realistic - at least not with my scope at home...

So to answer your question...no, there will not be "3d" optics.

Ok, thanks you very much for your answer.

Good luck for your project!

I know it'd need a lot of work but have you planned to integrate 3D optic  for zoomed scope (i.e. Acog)?

Its a cool affect but I don't think its realistic - at least not with my scope at home...

So to answer your question...no, there will not be "3d" optics.

But doesn't IMW have 3D dot and reflex sights?.. is it such a stretch to do the same with the ACOG?

Mods like Teacup’s animation pack add a much needed dimension in terms of gameplay, by making it possible to interact with the terrain and overcome relatively minor obstacles. Any plans to incorporate similar features into ACE to use animations to add more interaction, not just with the environment itself, but with the players and equipment in the environment?

But doesn't IMW have 3D dot and reflex sights?.. is it such a stretch to do the same with the ACOG?

Its not the same as what we were taking about.

IMWM uses the "SLX / Garlay / Dasquade / Aimpoint" method, where the ret is projected as a texture on a face out in front of the observer - which is buggy for people with certain video cards.

EDIT:

In thinking about this for a little while, technically ACE does have 3D optics for non-powered optic currently. Only 1x right now (applies to EOTech, Aimpoint CompM4, Elcan Specter DR, ShortDot, and Docter Sights).

heya was just wondering if i could get involved in mission making? I can't say that my skills are any good at the moment but i was hoping taking part might help me and you guys?

thanks,

bootneckofficer

which is buggy for people with certain video cards.

Perhabs there is a way to remove it, but I don't have any ways of testing - I only have my PC.

That would be: making the texture itself much LESS transparent but adding a low multiplier factor in RVMAT for alpha.

It still works even with alpha at .75 (clearly visible texture without RVMAT) or so on my PC, chances are that would allow all cards not to have the bug, without adding a visible cone.

Any more updates on ACE. I hear it is being playtested. The jungle drums are starting to beat.

Any more updates on ACE. I hear it is being playtested. The jungle drums are starting to beat.

Yeah, still WIP. There will be more media as we get closer to an initial beta release. Hang in there.

First my English is not so good and the question i will ask could be posted on the top of the site of this thread.

Is it possible to show the scopes of the sniper and scoped assault rifles like in Red Orchestra? example picture:

http://img.hrej.cz/e9/c80f48e91905a9cb05b2d2b6d2627c.jpg

No, can't be done in the ArmA engine.

First my English is not so good and the question i will ask could be posted on the top of the site of this thread.

Is it possible to show the scopes of the sniper and scoped assault rifles like in Red Orchestra? example picture:

http://img.hrej.cz/e9/c80f48e91905a9cb05b2d2b6d2627c.jpg

No, can't be done in the ArmA engine.

Besides, i'm sorry to say so, but have you ever looked through a weapon scope, or some sort of binoculars, magnification gadget?

You will not be able to see that the way it is in the picture, nor will the focus be like that...

Aahhhmmmm, i wouldnt say it like that...

You actually could have a view like that..

With both eyes open and one on the scope,

if you focus enough you could actually see

both views...THAT, isnt easy and no, not every

one is capable of it...But you could...

EDIT: It wouldnt be exacty like the image posted

but wouldnt be FAAAR from it...

Yes i own a scope for field target shooting and i would agree with you that it dont look like Red Or. but also it dont looks like how it is realize in arma. But i only wanted to ask.

Hi, will the HK Mk.23 v1.2 pack make it's way into the ACE Mod?

HK Mk.23 V1.2

ArmA_69.jpg

And how will the existing addons that the ACE mod gonna use look

like?, they'll be compilated as they're originaly or they'll be retouched

somehow with a "ace_" before the addon itself?, like: "ace_whatever.pbo"

for example... and if you had to say the current beta stage percentage...

which one you'll say that it's rightnow? 40%, 45%?. Let's C ya

If they are renamed or not depends on if they have to be touched or not. Some things can be left untouched and be implemented as is, others will need modifications to blend into ACE, and will then get renamed.