Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

Hi, Scubaman3D, to me that Elcan Specter Dr looks also too big,

long, thick and tall; may be just me... i've never seen one of those

in the real life, but looks almost as big as a Elcan C79A2 Wild Cat.

And i think that it must be smaller. Let's C ya

Hi, Scubaman3D, to me that Elcan Specter Dr looks also too big,

long, thick and tall; may be just me... i've never seen one of those

in the real life, but looks almost as big as a Elcan C79A2 Wild Cat.

And i think that it must be smaller. Let's C ya

huh.gif

pistols.gif

Actually, its too small.

I measured it in O2 and came up with 147mm x 65mm (length/height) and the real thing is 153x71 - though you're right, the DR is smaller than the C79A2.

Size on an AR15. (I've got about 3 or 4 specter dr / elcan PDFs :P) I also had the DaSquade DR and had it the right size for my stuff huh.gif

50755214qt0.jpg

can someone tell me what countrie will be in ACE and divisions if possibel?? sry for the bad english

I hope ACE crew won't mind...

hks1ni5.th.jpghks2ck0.th.jpg

Few setups of HK416 and latest addition of HK417.

HK417 is available with two barrel lengths.

The sights were made independent of DaSquade and Scuba, I started the models before I knew DaSquade and Scubaman have also made these.

Weapon and some of attachments use a single 2048^2 texture. The scopes use separate textures, totalling to 2 sections per model.

@ Aug. 28 2008,11:33)]I hope ACE crew won't mind...

Few setups of HK416 and latest addition of HK417.

HK417 is available with two barrel lengths.

The sights were made independent of DaSquade and Scuba, I started the models before I knew DaSquade and Scubaman have also made these.

Weapon and some of attachments use a single 2048^2 texture. The scopes use separate textures, totalling to 2 sections per model.

Magwell is wrong on the 417 to use the polymer magazines smile_o.gif They are for the 2nd gen 417 the original uses G3 mags which has the different magwell other than that the more 416 and 417 options the better  thumbs-up.gif

I really like your Hk's Panda thumbs-up.gif

But I think you should remove the handguards(bis-one) in the front of the rifle. Because on every pic I've seen there was not such a handguard and also because it makes it look more like a M4 instead of a HK416.

Lennard. wink_o.gif

Just discovered ACE yesterday. Have I been in a cave or something?!? wow_o.gif

Or maybe an alternate reality where ACE never existed? rofl.gif

After reading the first half of the thread and the last few pages, I am really looking forward to your mod!

A couple quick questions for you guys:

1. Regarding your stamina system.

Quote[/b] ]Robust stamina system that factors in the weight of your gear, speed of movement, steepness of terrain, weather, and more.

Little background first. I have always known that in vanilla, the players aiming ability degrades upon sprinting (a good thing). However, I've always also wished that the sprint in ArmA could only be used for relatively short bursts (i.e. like in H&D2), but in vanilla ArmA, you can just keep sprinting for what seems like forever. confused_o.gif

So the other day I was messing around with the animation configs (working on something unrelated), adjusting the speed of various animations and timing the results in the editor. To my great surprise, I discovered that the players sprint speed does actually degrade over time! It takes what seems like forever for this to occur, but it does happen! (Side note - I was not using the speed command, which measures forward directed speed only. I had written a relatively simple script to measure the players speed in km/hour, in any direction, once a second)

So I was wondering if, upon starting out on a sprint, ACE will make this inherent speed degradation happen more quickly (over a small number of seconds), so a sprint will really tax the player, as it does in real life? I think this would add much strategy, etc, and make people think twice and use that run instead of sprinting all the time!

2. I don't recall reading anything about a dynamic speech system, like in ECS or Wolfrug/Sickboy's. Are there any plans for including a dynamic speech system? If so, will it include the option to turn of speech for a specific unit (for cutscecns, etc) and then turn speech back on for that unit? Or should we plan on just using one of the existing systems?

Anyhow, good luck with upcoming release! xmas_o.gif

Just discovered ACE yesterday.  Have I been in a cave or something?!?

Welcome to the fold smile_o.gif

However, I've always also wished that the sprint in ArmA could only be used for relatively short bursts (i.e. like in H&D2), but in vanilla ArmA, you can just keep sprinting for what seems like forever. confused_o.gif

Actualy,  I beleive the more you sprint, the slower you get untill you're going the same speed as normal jog, in default ArmA.

And whatever ACE comes up with, I'm sure it'll be great.

Actualy,  I belive the more you sprint, the slower you get untill you're going the same speed as normal jog, in default ArmA.

However in Default ArmA (lol, installing mods is so obvious now we need a separate label for not dooing it wink_o.gif ) you can sprint forever with max speed. Sprinting sideways (W+Shift+A/D) does not slow down, only forward sprint gets slower. crazy_o.gif

helping_hand, can you be more clear? what exactly is wrong with magwell?

This goes for many people who post on the forums: they are quite hard to understand.

I did notice it might be too high on the front side, I'll fix that somewhere in future when I'll be also making more LODs (right now it has 3 LODs with very steep face reduction, noone notices anyway lol). Problem is it needs a remapping and thus changing textures and maps in those places. Some things will need moving around since the UV is packed pretty tought on the sheet.

But I think you should remove the handguards(bis-one) in the front of the rifle. Because on every pic I've seen there was not such a handguard and also because it makes it look more like a M4 instead of a HK416.

Lennard. wink_o.gif

They're RAS Pannels. I'd rather hold them with my hands than the bare rails.

Lennard. wink_o.gif

Or I'd rather use a vertical grip - but we all know that won't be happening sad_o.gif

Maybe ArmA2?

Lennard. wink_o.gif

Or I'd rather use a vertical grip - but we all know that won't be happening sad_o.gif

Maybe ArmA2?

Well you can still have a VFG while also using the "RIS" rail covers, they come in like 3 different sizes. They are there to help protect the rails, and also protect the "operator's" hands from the heat of the barrel after sustained firing.

Well you can still have a VFG while also using the "RIS" rail covers, they come in like 3 different sizes. They are there to help protect the rails, and also protect the "operator's" hands from the heat of the barrel after sustained firing.

Whats interesting too is I see a lot of guys using the magazine/magwel as a sort of vertical grip too.

This isn't the "correct" way of shooting but people are doing this.

Also, I find the small sized hand guards funny. People put them at the front end of the RIS, far away from where they are grabbing the upper receiver, so I'm wondering "whats the point?"

Whats interesting too is I see a lot of guys using the magazine/magwel as a sort of vertical grip too.

This isn't the "correct" way of shooting but people are doing this.

Also, I find the small sized hand guards funny. People put them at the front end of the RIS, far away from where they are grabbing the upper receiver, so I'm wondering "whats the point?"

Well actually that is something I did quite frequently, holding right in front of the mag well. I dunno I had a m203 and it just seemed comfortable and somewhat stable. Really its just whatever works you use. And for the smaller RIS hand guards thing, sometimes people have no choice and either have to have them on, or they just don't get them (my armorer kept ours, we couldn't use them, don't ask me why)

Actualy,  I belive the more you sprint, the slower you get untill you're going the same speed as normal jog, in default ArmA.

I did observe this very phenomenon of the sprint slowing down to the exact speed of the jog in vanilla (which is good imo).  The problem is you can sprint for a really long time before this happens.  What I would like to do is signifigantly shorten this time so that folks have to use sprint more strategically (plus shorter sprints are more realisitc anyway, especially with all that gear). smile_o.gif

@ Aug. 29 2008,10:40)]However in Default ArmA (lol, installing mods is so obvious now we need a separate label for not dooing it wink_o.gif ) you can sprint forever with max speed. Sprinting sideways (W+Shift+A/D) does not slow down, only forward sprint gets slower. crazy_o.gif

Part of my detailed analysis of the animation system in vanilla revealed this exact problem just as you described it.  Hope it gets sorted. smile_o.gif

You can still touch these parts when, for example, riding in a vehicle, getting in or out, crawling and so on...

They act as a heat shield if you overheat the weapon.

Which is fairly easy with M16 system, but even with AK system you get your handguards smoking after a while.

Additionally you can hurt your hand on RIS or dammage it.

So... we heard so much beta release advertisements... but when will we see anything except it's done when it's done ?

There are a lot of addons and mods that have allready shown a lot.

You guys have promised us to be the best of the best, yet we haven't seen anyting...

Simple question, when ?

Xeno

So... we heard so much beta release advertisements... but when will we see anything except it's done when it's done ?

There are a lot of addons and mods that have allready shown a lot.

You guys have promised us to be the best of the best, yet we haven't seen anyting...

Simple question, when ?

Xeno

It'll be out when it is deemed ready. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think it's hard to understand the reasoning behind such a decision. Everyone does it in their spare time, and nobody has unlimited amounts of that.