Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

MV-22 Osprey Tilt-Rotor

Great Vid For Sounds and looking at textures.

[edit] ah crap forgot to post the video didnt i. crazy_o.gif

Gnat @ April 21 2007,16:16)]While its not perfect;

- <s>Reverse speed results in forward Tilt</s>

- <s>Still a very slight nose-down attitude in forward flight</s>

- It primarily has helocopter handling (but barely noticable)

... tons left to play with in the Config, it is still VERY usable and has great potential as a community addon ..... with a bunch more work to make it "ArmA worthy"

- Able to lock animations as foward only.

- Also found you can animate a WHOLE model (wow, very cool BIS), hence I was able to remove the slight nose down at cruise. Now it looks perfect cruising along at 400 knots !

Near perfect to fly like a plane or chopper.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>New Video mini-Clip - The Pickup</span>

ReelLow.jpg

ReelHigh.jpg

Also on YouTube

With a new model (or serious overhaul) and new MV-22 Textures this would be a winner in ArmA.

Seriously Gnat, I don't think you need to overly worry about SUPER textures and stuff. Many of us would LOVE to use it as you have it in the videos. For those of us who are not anal about perfect textures, we would love to use this beauty in missions.

I would recommend that you release it as a beta and then welcome the addon making community to imporve the textures on it rather then keeping it for months and months hoping for someone to help fix up the textures.

If anyone bitches about the textures tell them to either fix it themselves, be patient for someone else to fix it, or to simply screw off.

All I can say is that right now, your addon would be KILLER with Johnny's Marines.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Gnat...not trying to push in any way...but...do you have a potential release date for this beauty?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

notworthy.gif

Now Gnat you know you are working in an LCAC. You are going to bring us two thirds of the USMC OTH (Over The Horizon) trident (LCAC, Osprey and Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle).

Now if someone would be so kind of bringing us an EFV.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/xml....522.JPG

the future of the US Marines would live in ArmA.

Congrats for an extremely well done work, Gnat and...

let us continue fearing "The Gnat's Bite"!!!!!!!

^^^ Vilas would probably do something like that

Same interior as the mapfact chinook right?

Quote[/b] ]- Also found you can animate a WHOLE model (wow, very cool BIS)

Good job with the Osprey. And yeah, Arma's new animation system is great thumbs-up.gif

I have to add my voice to the cheering ! Very good job on the Osprey, Gnat smile_o.gif

One question: how does it sound like ? There's no ingame sound in the youtube video...

ArmA definitely needs some different aircraft/helicopters, and the Osprey is two birds with the same rock tounge2.gif

Waiting for a release...

Malick

Jus watched the video and god damn it looks good. From my casual watching eye it looks awesome.

WOW wow_o.gif awesome job Gnat... like all your work.

looks good as a proof if concept but from the video i am going to request a few overhauls, first is the animations, it looks like the rotor stops turning in flight then starts turning again, in a loop, next the sounds really need improvement to fix the obvious loop effect, finally, please for the love of god overhaul the texture and the flight model.

Possible to make the textures more like current ArmA textures? Will it be possible to take off like a jet or heli? I know you said they are made after the heli's flight model, but is there a way to do both depending on how the rotor blades are facing.

AFAIK it is not possible to take off or land as a jet. Moreover, the engine nacelles animations must be tied to speed or inclination so they tilt and change their position from vertical (for Helicopter behaviour) to horizontal (for plane like behaviour).

Also in RL the ospreys cannot land like a plane. The propellers are so big they would hit the floor and desintegrate themselves.

Also stop whining and saying the textures are not of quality or I would like it in some other way. Gnat has put a lot of effort here to port Wipman's and Sole's V-22 from OFP and it the add-on will be released (if it is released) when he wants, and not a minute before.

Nice work again, Gnat and I hope you bring us new screenies of your ships soon.

thumbs-up.gif

looks good as a proof if concept but from the video i am going to request a few overhauls, first is the animations, it looks like the rotor stops turning in flight then starts turning again, in a loop,

That's just an effect the video recording software gives it. It doesn't look like that in game.

Seriously Gnat, I don't think you need to overly worry about SUPER textures and stuff.  Many of us would LOVE to use it as you have it in the videos.   For those of us who are not anal about perfect textures, we would love to use this beauty in missions.  

I would recommend that you release it as a beta and then welcome the addon making community to imporve the textures on it rather then keeping it for months and months hoping for someone to help fix up the textures.  

If anyone bitches about the textures tell them to either fix it themselves, be patient for someone else to fix it, or to simply screw off.

All I can say is that right now, your addon would be KILLER with Johnny's Marines.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I agree 100%, we could really use that Osprey and I see no point in holding long myself, but I'm not the addon maker, so it is all up to him. confused_o.gif

Some people don't seem to be aware that revolving wheels and propellers often look like they stop or go backwards when viewed through a framed media.

I understand about the textures, this is my first even looking at this post. I wasn't meaning anything by it. The model looks good and I can't wait for it to be released.

Will it be possible to open and close the back door per the pilots controls?

I think the answer is yes. Adding an action for the pilot to open the doors is not very difficult.

What I don't know if Gnat has enabled is the weaponry. The USMC Ospreys have a gunner in the rear ramp, armed I think with an m-240.

There are also plans for adding a remote controlled turret just in front of the landing gear.

We will see what Gnat brings

smile_o.gif

That looks amazing! Good work, can't wait until those bad boys get released.

banghead.gif looks good to me! and trust me, my opinion matters due to experience and not just seeing this thing on the internet or tv... personal experience is everything... this is the addon i have been waiting for and i cant wait... release it when you are reddy man! Im so excited... I played this game called "semper fidelis" and it had an osprey on it... i was wowed by it... if only there was a descent and closely accurate sky diving model for the bis parachute guys... anyways, good work and it looks great...

I think the answer is yes. Adding an action for the pilot to open the doors is not very difficult.

What I don't know if Gnat has enabled is the weaponry. The USMC Ospreys have a gunner in the rear ramp, armed I think with an m-240.

There are also plans for adding a remote controlled turret just in front of the landing gear.

We will see what Gnat brings

smile_o.gif

fyi, the gun on the tail ramp is not a "normal" thing... its only squadron discretion and if it had a gunner on the tail or two gunners on the side or none at all would still be accurate... but i think it would be wise to have defences just in case... mini guns... biggrin_o.gif