Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Polish army changed uniforms in 1993-1994 to our woodland "pantera pattern 1993"

so LWP soldiers are not good for BLufor and NATO cooperation

only in few years after communism collapse those uniforms were used smile_o.gif

also all gear was replaced

Topas or someone - give here please one screen from NPL file (soldiers in Pantera) - I am in office so i have no game here and i will be home tommorow noon

Quote[/b] ]Topas or someone - give here please one screen from NPL file (soldiers in Pantera) - I am in office so i have no game here and i will be home tommorow noon
as you wish wink_o.gif

Modern WP soldier

Quote[/b] ]Topas or someone - give here please one screen from NPL file (soldiers in Pantera) - I am in office so i have no game here and i will be home tommorow noon
as you wish wink_o.gif

Modern WP  soldier

Wow, luckely its WIP cause it really doesn't look like a soldier yet.

rofl.gif

WP is the Polish name for their army, situational awareness people... wink_o.gif

WP is the Polish name for their army, situational awareness people...  wink_o.gif

Actually nothing more than the shortening for Wojsko Polskie

just as the P'85 Polish units, LWP - Ludowe Wojsko Polskie (Polish People's Army). wink_o.gif

WP is the Polish name for their army, situational awareness people...  wink_o.gif

[offtopic]

crazy_o.gif

But............I was just screwing around, blame it on my working hours.

wink_o.gif

[/offtopic]

how is the project coming along Vilas. You used to update us daily. Just hoping your not loosing interest in completeing the 1985 stuff

No worries, many many things happen each day.

Vilas was a bit busy lately but meanwhile other things were shaped up, as far as it looks atm this project will become bigger and better than expected wink_o.gif

Vilas was a bit busy lately but meanwhile other things were shaped up, as far as it looks atm this project will become bigger and better than expected wink_o.gif

bigger? holy cow, how can it get much bigger than the quest to recreate the largest hypothetical conflict to ever ravage the earth......

is there any way we could get you guys to include some very predominate warsaw pact equipment such as a SA-9 or SA-6

Cant promise that, first priority are the directly important vehicles like Tanks, APCs etc.

After that is done we can think about stuff like SA-6 and such.

Are you planing to do the basic chopers for each side too? When i say basic i mean attack , transport and light/recon helicopters. I think the mi-24 D , mi-8/17 and mi-2 will fitt for the red side and the Ah-64 A , uh-60 and oh-6 will be good for the blue side.

Warsaw Pact will use the Hinds ( RHS/Scars one ) and Mi-8s ( BIS ), cant say much about the NATO forces yet.

Any news on the WW2 units? I can't wait to get my hands on the new ones...

This modern warfare is a bit too modern for me smile_o.gif

1985 is better, but let's go back to the roots biggrin_o.gif

Thanks

A.

@oldy41

Currently all our powers are focused on Project '85 - we can't split everything into several projects, until we'll finish at least one of proper quality.

about WW2 units i hope you make some vehicles cuz vilas is making lots of vehicles(well and units) so i hope whne you will finish with 1985 project you will focus on WW2 vehicles

As for example the capture of a soviet scout by the partisans

wink_o.gif

powbs1.jpg

Just playing around with ideas for the possible look of the P'85 resistance.

When I design a MP mission using vilas addons, I get the following error:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

vilas_forces

I can put things in the editor and plays fine in preview. I have tried putting the vilas addons in the Addon directory directly and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? thanks.

Oh man those partisans look awesome!!! Do you think we could get more guys without hats on though? Don't ask me why, but it seems more realistic rather then everyone walking around in all sorts of caps.

Either way, looking abso stunning.

As for example the capture of a soviet scout by the partisans

wink_o.gif

[urlhttp://imageshack.us]p><p>Just playing around with ideas for the possible look of the P

Wolverines!!! http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/tounge2.gif' alt='tounge2.gif'>

BUt i agree to what Sheps said, bit reshaped ( trucker style caps, less round on front ) caps and knitted wool caps ( black or green ) would fit well for a east european or german resistance.

Hi,

The project is growing bigger every day and is taking shape as a 'Total Conversion MOD' that I hope, will respect all 'criterias' of a solid TTC project.

[*] Model Replacements (With the ability to choose different scenarios:

- USA vs Soviet Troops

- USA + ... (NATO Nations [incoming Models by our 3D gurus (Vilas, Topas, Yaciek...)) vs Soviet Troops

... etc

This aspect of the project is currently under development and further detailed informations would be released once things are seriously reliable.

[*] Realistic Ballistics, Fx values and SFX.

[*] Custom UI elements.

[*] AI tweaks, changes and enhancements.

Thanks to some people, with their permission, the best of what the community actually offers in terms of 'Sounds Effects' and 'Effects' would be incorporated to the MOD, this way has been chosen as it guarantees the quality of some major factors of the project and let us more freedom and time to focus on more significant and imperative aspects. :]

Regards,

TB

when you say total conversion mod will it be like the VTE stuff that ooverwrites your default arma screens and then some other mods that overwrite the default bis vehicles?

or like Vilas has done in the past a series of addOns that give the opportunity to create a whole new "episode" in war

Kinda, Vehicles and soldiers will be replaced.

Bit like FDF mod was for OFP.

Parts of it will also be availeable as standalone addons though.

Some more variations in developement

(early pre-alpha status; final version will most definately differ a lot from presented, just working out various combinations by a normal trial & error method)

Hats and caps will be surely dealt with, they're here just temporarily wink_o.gif

1cjm7.th.jpg1div9.th.jpg1esg5.th.jpg

The idea behind the partisans is to make them look underquipped - in terms of field wear; as they're civilians who just grabed weapons to defend their soil they will have some pseudo-military look. Can't look to well uniformed or like professional mercenaries and will wear second-hand :P sweaters, vests, etc. A rather incidental mixture of green/olive/brown/camoed stuff.

Some of them will be better dressed, don't worry you'll get guys in more 'complete' uniforms as well wink_o.gif