Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

i add (Skaven game me) Skavens CS M60 to regular troops, and typical lightened M60E3 and SAW to Green-berets commando (not SEAL shortened version)

my E3 is basing and editing of Skaven imported CS model

vestno6.th.jpg

And I am working on the Green Berets gear and Vests. If someone shall have according reference materials or know where to find some -> please post here.

The project is turning into something really big, keep up the great work.

Anyway, as Ebud previously pointed you work on the bonnie hat. Now it looks more like a fisherman’s hat rather that standard issue.

Here's the shot from the Hearbreak Ridge, I know Highway was USMC, but bonnie's the same

clint.jpg

CWR got it pretty good I guess.

I haven’t seen an the latest officer model but the previously shown had an USMC cap.

Apart from these two, the rest of the content is just brilliant.

2maza94

Damn, when I look at soldiers, which this CWM did I just wanna laugh. It's 100% not correct or realistic. You should look at reaction from flash.ru - there're a lot of former soldiers. I even doubt their island "texture" has something in common with real chechenyan landscape. And current Vilas' units is one of the most realistic to date.

Quote[/b] ] And I am working on the Green Berets gear and Vests. If someone shall have according reference materials or know where to find some -> please post here.

another retexture?  confused_o.gif

2kristian

All models in Project '85 are highly modified models, based on vanilla ArmA troops.

9mm - you show picture from Hollywood movie, i see there Cllint Eastwood

in Polish movies Polish police has ONYX rifle smile_o.gif

most funny is:

Onyx was made in small serie and not accepted by Army and Police and only made some prototypes were given to movie industry smile_o.gif

so on movie screen you posted - sorry no reference to me smile_o.gif

like Jonh Wayne in movie about Viet-nam tigerstripe and black beret on one movie I saw few years ago smile_o.gif or M134 in Predator movie or other movies like Rambo (man in black pants with combat-bow-grenadelauncher

another retexture?  confused_o.gif

Stay cool, it wont, be 'another retxture' wink_o.gif

You need to have something to start with, right?

I just posted a WIP texture, basing on which Vilas will make a coresponding model. I estimate it's about 60% done for now.

Thx for the pics people.

Please just remove the OD molle pouches and ACOG... They didnt exist in the 1980s..

There you go.

BonnieHatWL.jpg

Quote[/b] ]i see there Cllint Eastwood

It's not Clint Eestwood. It's Gunnery Sgt. Tom 'Gunny' Highway, US Marines. wink_o.gif

Anyway, I don't know about rest of gear, but the bonnie is pretty accurate.

Jahve, you don't read previous posts and sides :P

Thats some truly amazing stuff guys, keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

Is that the RHS hind, or is it your own model?

A few comments....the USMC Boonie hat is NOT the same as the US Army boonie cap (they have a broader brim on the USMC versions) although I can't be sure of that during the 1980's period in which perhaps they were similar. Also during the 80's I'm not sure if Green Berets (US Army Special Forces) used any type of special vests for carrying ammo. As far as I've seen from all the military publications I have from that period, they are using the standard load bearing equipment (LBE) as the rest of the US Army of that period (and up until the mid to late 90's when they were replaced with vests and/or body armor with built in MOLLE attachment points). So basically those Osprey book illustrations posted by T_bone are very accurate.

However with that said, I could be wrong as I know some SF units (and Spec Ops units like Army Rangers) did experiment with a wide variety of gear and often gear would differ depending on the units and their theatre of operations.

Delta Force units (and SF or Spec Ops units specifically trained for counter-terrorism and CQB) also tended to have very specialized equipment. So overall, if you use these vests for the Green Berets I would not cry about it and would say "THESE KICK ASS" like all of your work. They are not out of the question historically. But they would be perhaps something not widely used by most SF units.

I also must BEG that all US Army soldiers wearing field caps MUST NOT USE USMC caps like BIS gave to the US Army officers in ArmA. That is like sacriledge in the US Army and USMC players have a good laugh about that.

As a former US Army soldier, I have to insist that the field cap is very very important and although uniform regulations do not allow a "ranger roll", most soldiers insist on doing this as it looks sharper and less like a "Beatle Bailey" cap. Its basically where you roll the edges of the top part of the cap so that it has a lower profile. On the other hand, officers will often starch their caps so that they have sharper edges and a higher profile. Even then however they will NEVER look like a USMC cap which has a very unique pointy front part of the cap (above the brim) that is very different from US Army caps. The proper US Army caps can actually be seen in BIS OFP US Army officers.

Anyways....I just wanted to reinforce the importance of proper caps. It may not seem like a big deal but in the US military, proper head gear is a VERY big deal. Also no black berets on regular soldiers as that was not added until like 2001 or 2002 as standard garrison headgear for the US Army. That is why US ArmyRangers switched to a tan beret as their beret was a black beret. In the 80's however regular infantry did not have ANY beret and just field caps, Class A uniform "cunt" caps, and of coarse the newly issued PASGT kevlar helmets in the mid 80's as early 80's soldiers used the old steel pots.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It's funny. T-bone's illustration shows a gulf war era 5th group officer...wearing the vietnam-era flash. When did they change from the vietnam flash to the current one? Actually, that particular drawing is all kinds of messed up. Jump boots in desert uniform? Wearing the green beret..but no tab?

*edit*

I didn't read caption, and see that's from Egypt, so nevermind on the flash.

And thank you, Shinseki, for taking the beret, a tool for recognizing distinction amongst soldiers, and giving it to everyone...just cuz..

Very Nice !!!  notworthy.gif

I hope to see this type of T-80

T-80BV_Main_Battle_Tank_Russia_12.jpg

I don't like this camo like in this pic , but is the type is BV , production work in 1985 smile_o.gif

2 Robertm Hammer

And now what do you think is shown on my pics?  icon_rolleyes.gif Personally my wish is to see U modification, which also was adopted in 1985.

Quote[/b] ]And now what do you think is shown on my pics?

Really ? LOL , but i see some parts of your BV version are missing , that's why i didn't recognised your BV version smile_o.gif

Yeah its totally impossible to see that this is a BV... right... there are so many other T-80s that have era and other things alligned like that i guess.

I have a feeling like you will now mention the parts that are optional and werent on all 85 models.

But please mate enlighten us and just tell us whats wrong.

Oh and btw, if anyone has details about the BVK version please PM me.

Things like, where does the extra antenna goes, it has no missile guide system so does the extra radio systems go into the box on the turret... etc etc

I guess Robert Hammer name these frontal armored sheets as "some parts", but IMO that's hard to call "additional details".

T80_BFront.jpg

This is T80BK frontal blueprint, compare with my second pic - everything is like Kenji did.

those frontal sheets can be easily added; Vilas made exactly the same ones for PT-91 Twardy tank long time ago, so it'll probably be ok if Kenji used them in this model

right Vilas?