Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

dear Edbud :

US will get tactical vests proper to their era:

"commando will get proper tactical vest ( http://www.specwargear.com/images/vest-QRV-1.jpg , http://www.specwargear.com/images/vest-QRV-3.jpg )"

answer was told some sites ago wink_o.gif

concerning M60E3

people, you all quote links to wikipedia but you don't read this !!!

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg12-e.htm

E3 is lightened version, lightened in weight (construction, more light plastic)!

like AK and AKM , not AK74 and AKS74U

there is a shorter barrel E3 version too for USMC , but commando have usual version which is as long as normal M60

read more smile_o.gif both 110-107 cm long with ca. 58-56 cm barrel

and there were few variants of E3, so look can differ (different plastic elements)

NOT all E3 have 42 cm barrel smile_o.gif

i can do such version of E3, no problem, but this is SEAL typical and Airsoft typical wink_o.gif

100% of airsoft E3 are this "short", but in real E3 have 2 versions - normal lenght (2 cm shorter barrel and about 14 cm shorter )

Quote[/b] ]Weight:

M60: 10.51 kg

M60E3:  8.61 kg

Length:

M60: 1105 mm

M60E3: 1067 mm

concernig "when it's done":

Topas is ill, when he will be okay, he will do US green beret textures, I will do models

I also wanna make Galil for IDF purpose

gal_mesh.jpg

, maybe AN-94, Groza for bandits addon update (STALKER style wink_o.gif )

and finish damage textures

also joining of Thunderbird changed many things smile_o.gif

addons would be ready in 2 weeks (new US spec-op, Galil)

Only Russians and Americans got special forces?

lwpklv9.th.jpg

Wojsko Polskie has 3 soldier models in red berets as for now. Armed with AKMS, PM-84 and Tantal

Re US Green Berets I estimate I'll be most probably back at texturing on monday

How about other cold war armys like: east germans or Czech's?

UK soliders from 85's?

and last one, how about Mi- 2 for LWP?

How about other cold war armys like: east germans or Czech's?

UK soliders from 85's?

and last one, how about Mi- 2 for LWP?

Well if its for the Czechs I'll asume CSLA III is the answer; I doubt there is any sense in duplicating their work..

Re Mi-2, as well as T-55, Star 660, Dana, BM-21 and other stuff you might want to ask for .. who knows, maybe in the future; not in the initial release for sure.

Any chance for RACS units? M1 helmet, plain khaki uniforms and some gear and webbing would fit for the 80's.

Perhaps in a later release?

Will there be some SLA special forces or just regular troops?

Hi,

Maybe a little bit off-topic but...

Will you include the T-62 made by RHS in your MOD?

It could be nice for Warsaw second lines armor units.

Just an idea...   wink_o.gif

-Soviet-

You mean the T-64?

T-62 was only made for OFP ( but Kenji plans a ArmA version )

If you mean T-64 then it would more be the first line of the attack used by the elite tank devisions.

not in mod, in missions as Mi-24, for the moment we have:

- weapons packs (Polish and international to replace my old Vilas_MOD)

- units addons;

- LWP MOD vehicles addon;

- VIBI reworked (damages, normals, materials);

T-64 and Mi-24 are usefull for missions as BMD-1, as M-60 if Torni will release green version, not only RACS

concerning RACS in 1985 ? honestly I don't even like idea of SLA, they all are "banana armies", so unreal... better would be Nogovians ;]

Can't wait to see Groza, it was an excellent weapon in STALKER.

Again, feel free to do whatever you like with the BMD-1 if you have the time, I'd love to see it fighting along some 80s Spetsnaz.

okay, so now M16 + Acog will be replaced by XM-177E2 with Colt scope smile_o.gif

ecf4e3c2.jpg

xms.jpg

and development of Galil goes on, althought Galils rear sight look strange to me with those two axis/barrels inside looking like blocking movement of positions, does anyone has good, technical picture of Galils sight huh.gif

car-15 (wihout scope) could be for US officers pistols.gif

PS: great addons  thumbs-up.gif

can you release a ww2addon replacement pack?i like to play with ww2 weapons.Or what must i do but i dont have the know how. huh.gif ?vilww2.pbo needs only a vilww2_replacement.pbo file with a config and $PBOPREFIX$ file inside, right??

dear Edbud :

US will get tactical vests proper to their era:

"commando will get proper tactical vest ( http://www.specwargear.com/images/vest-QRV-1.jpg , http://www.specwargear.com/images/vest-QRV-3.jpg )"

answer was told some sites ago wink_o.gif

concerning M60E3

E3 is lightened version, lightened in weight (construction, more light plastic)!

there is a shorter barrel E3 version too for USMC , but commando have usual version which is as long as normal M60

and there were few variants of E3, so look can differ (different plastic elements)

i can do such version of E3, no problem, but this is SEAL typical and Airsoft typical wink_o.gif

100% of airsoft E3 are this "short", but in real E3 have 2 versions - normal lenght (2 cm shorter barrel and about 14 cm shorter )

Quote[/b] ]Weight:

M60E3:  8.61 kg

Length:

concernig "when it's done":

Topas is ill, when he will be okay, he will do US green beret textures, I will do models

I also wanna make Galil for IDF purpose

gal_mesh.jpg

, maybe AN-94, Groza for bandits addon update (STALKER style wink_o.gif )

and finish damage textures

also joining of Thunderbird changed many things smile_o.gif

addons would be ready in 2 weeks (new US spec-op, Galil)

This is the ARM witht he Bi pod. The majority of galils made were Golanis without the bipod.

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI1438%2DX

maybe, in home i have advertisment prospect form IMI manufactury, from 1993 when Police were buying UZI to embassy guards and only "SAR" is without bipod, AR, ARM has bipods smile_o.gif

edit:

gal_wip.jpg

maybe, in home i have advertisment prospect form IMI manufactury, from 1993 when Police were buying UZI to embassy guards and only "SAR" is without bipod, AR, ARM has bipods smile_o.gif

The AR is the ARM without a bipod. The SAR is a shortened version of the AR.

just saw the new woodland textures in the photo thread, they look amazing. I really like them notworthy.gif Keep it up

Lennard. wink_o.gif

Vilas i dod not mean to offend in amyway the ARM will definately be welcomed into the game i am sure by the LOBO guys. Its just in conjunction witht he ARM you need the AR for regular infantry and tankers

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/galil/Galil.html

http://users.rcn.com/philistine/galil/Galil_Rifles.html

so maybe I will do AR 5,56 too as I will be able to put another handgrip on one texture

Heres a new preview of the T-80B from Kenji

t80bfg8.jpg

Still not 100% done.

Final version will be a bit brighter texture wise.

how i love those wwii units, awesome work indeed! notworthy.gif

would it be possible to do a small addition though: wwii era US marines and japanese units? the marines could be achieved with a mere retexturing and there are already weapons for the japanese if i remember correctly so it shouldn't be too much work, eh?

also noticed that bringing up the inventory screen with the wwii pack brings up an error message about a missing weapon picture for the sten.

so maybe I will do AR 5,56 too as I will be able to put another handgrip on  one texture

it appears you are already modeling the 5.56 arm. The 7.62 arm and ar use a straight magazine usually 20 or 30 rounds ( there are many variations).

maza

they do other era ! Soviet gear, Russian gear are very different equipement

there is 20 years difference between those units, our Specnaz and Soviet army is already realistic made, now we put effort on US

so "Chechen" Specnaz has nothing to do to Soviet specnaz , like modern soldier in ACU , with MOLLE system has nothing to do to Viet-Nam era soldier in olive-drab or tiger-stripe and Alice webbing gear system

like Polish soldier in "moro" grey-green rain pattern with cotton webbing and AK pouch and circa 1936 rucksack pattern (improved a little in 60's)

has nothing to do to modern Polish units in kevlars, tactical vests, goretex jackets, knee protectors, boonie hats and "pantera" camo in ripstop/thick or woodland/desert

in 1989 we had no vests at all in army (only AT Militia on international airport had blue vests, and Militia had almost the same combat uniform as army), now we have 6 types; different for drivers, airborne, infantry, MP, light vest, heavy vest ,

More like 10 years as they look like from the first war in Chechnya gear wise ( wild mixture of things, much of it not really accurare - but making accurate units from mid 90s is nearly impossible - ) .

But Vilas is correct, Soviet units of the mid 80s are completely different, if we made a 89 mod i would have more freedom concernign newwer helmets or camo on soldiers but for 85 there isnt much exept the KLMK, KZS, And variations of plain beige like the "Mabuta" suit for example.

So i think our units are pretty correct for their time period and also i like the contrast between them and the p85 us forces.

Shows perfectly how different these armys were back then ( gear wise ).

concerning M60E3

Quote[/b] ]Weight:

M60E3: 8.61 kg

Length:

Are you making a regular M60 for US Army troops? AFAIK, they never switched to the E3 model.