Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Hehe, i like these units a lot, exactly what i had in mind when i said we could take the first chechen war as a example for partisans.

I like that first pic there topas,looks like he let hes mum knit hes camo tounge2.gif

no..it was rather like that..

- Andrzej, where are you going again?

- Don't bother me, guys are waiting downstairs

- You gonna get drunk again!

- Aaaah shut up and find me something brown!

Spectacular guys. Tha partisans are a great idea.... can we ger one guy in a varsity jacket that says WOLVERINES

wld427, you mean like ahmm... american football team or canadian hockey team? huh.gif

I am pretty sure both were hard to get in eastern/middle Europe back those days.. well, maybe if someone had a daddy in the sailor business.. whistle.gif

I personally like the idea that you're introducing partisans that are wearing civilian clothing. A realistic reminder that ideal equipment is not always available.

Sometimes jeans, boots, and a dark T-shirt will do. Sandals, however, I'd never consider.

wld427, you mean like ahmm... american football team or canadian hockey team?  huh.gif

I am pretty sure both were hard to get in eastern/middle Europe back those days.. well, maybe if someone had a daddy in the sailor business.. whistle.gif

My comment seems sooo stupid now that I googled on the Wolverines... I assume you refer to the Red Dawn 1984 movie?

Sorry icon_rolleyes.gif

I have not seen the movie myself, but will surely catch up on that. Anyway doing a skinjob to go along with the movie should not be too hard.

wld427, you mean like ahmm... american football team or canadian hockey team?  huh.gif

My comment seems sooo stupid now that I googled on the Wolverines... I assume you refer to the Red Dawn 1984 movie?

Sorry  icon_rolleyes.gif

I have not seen the movie myself, but will surely catch up on that. Anyway doing a skinjob to go along with the movie should not be too hard.

no worries friend smile_o.gif

When i was in Kosovo there was all sorts of locally manufatured "authentic" rofl.gif american stuff for sale in the bazaars

Topas, dont forget that some of the partisans may be real gun freaks and gear freaks that has the latest and most advanced of everything, including uniforms, vests, weapons and other stuff..

so they should look something like a scifi soldier :P (ofcource that makes them SF, no matter how good they are, as long as they have the gear they are SF) biggrin_o.gif

(it´s a bit ironic but still something i would like to see as there is actually ppl that are like that)

Topas, dont forget that some of the partisans may be real gun freaks and gear freaks that has the latest and most advanced of everything, including uniforms, vests, weapons and other stuff.. (...)

I appreciate the input and opinion, but on the other hand you're using present tense.

Please do note that we're using the past tense while making this modification and those are people from a poor 80's east/middle european countries that we speak here about.

I do not think that back those days you had the fancy freedom of collecting 'most advanced of everything' when it came to military equipment (especially one that could have been used in case of an uprising or whatever)

wink_o.gif

I think some partisans should use a ww2 equipment like mosin nagant , pps 41 and other stuff in mid 80s it was really common to find the weapons from ww2 in forests or even on the field in the eastern europe.If i was looking for a gun i would be satisfacted even with ww2 weapon wink_o.gif .

Hey Topaz, if you end up not using that commando sweater (with the elbow patches on page 108) please don't trash that texture. My mod could really use that one for some Arab military officers. At any rate I recommend you use that sweater....probably one of the most popular military clothing items ever made (those old British commando sweaters).

Hell even the US Marines use those sweaters. In my Army days, ocassionaly a soldier or two would try to get away with wearing them as well. They're just kick ass looking sweaters and very functional if they're made from wool.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

... (those old British commando sweaters) ...

They're not "British commando sweaters"; they were standard

issue to everyone (everyone from S.A.S. troopers to little 12-

year-old army cadet kids used to get them). "Jersey, Man's,

Wool, Heavy"  ("Man's" - although they also looked great

on girls inlove.gif). They were more usually called a "woolly pully".

"Man's" - although they also looked great

on girls inlove.gif

Amen to that. notworthy.gif

Nice to see some variations away from the normal camo patterns.

... (those old British commando sweaters) ...

They're not "British commando sweaters"; they were standard

issue to everyone (everyone from S.A.S. troopers to little 12-

year-old army cadet kids used to get them). "Jersey, Man's,

Wool, Heavy"  ("Man's" - although they also looked great

on girls inlove.gif). They were more usually called a "woolly pully".

Yeah I know...but they're usually sold as "commando sweaters" over here in the states and if I'm not mistaken, the brits were the ones who first started using them. Whatever ya want to call them, they're great sweaters.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

God damn commando sweaters, horrible things! We still get them issued at work! In Navy blue, so they don't just come in green, (Police use! )...............

God damn commando sweaters, horrible things! We still get them issued at work! In Navy blue, so they don't just come in green, (Police use! )...............

here in Poland they come in black as well - Navy issue, used to wear one in high school  smile_o.gif damn thick and heavy...

Miles Teg -> don't worry; the sweater is here to stay, but will probably change it's appearence. What I,ve done so far is just pre-alpha stuff without much detail work, so future updates shall follow for sure.  If you're interested in this I will make it available but would not give away this early version yet. wink_o.gif

You need to get some of the Partisans in tracksuits, the brightly coloured ones that were never in style.

EG

http://www.conversationware.co.uk/wp-cont....its.jpg

But i guess it depends on what sort of partisans your trying to mold, cause a lot of the guys "dress" like older men, i think tracksuits and just things like trainers and fake Adidas bottoms would give some of the partisans a younger look.

Although they do look under equipped, they look like they know what they are doing (drab colours + boots + minimal camo) So they seem and look professional, adding things like normal clothes or brightly coloured clothes and minimal webbing adds a bit of amateurism to it.

Also, backpacks, i'm not sure if its possible to get normal kind of bags you have lying around the house on them rather then green coloured army issue sling overs would be awesome.

http://www.swim-shop.com/images/sp_youth-backpack.jpg

But either way the guys looks completely awesome, can't wait for a taster

Tracksuits sure are a good idea.

Also for the bit better equppied partisans we can use parts of the Soviet ( and other WP nations ) gear that was taken from ambushed support trucks and such.

A helmet here, a Ak pouch there, probaly even some NATO gear as they would support partisans in case of war.

A very cool thing to see would eb females, not only in partizans but also as civillian models.

However that might make things bit to complex.

To see females would be awesome but i doubt we will see that in Arma for a long time.

On the topic of the partisans using second hand gear, it would be fantastic to see whatever items they are using, be it boots or vests or caps, to have them seen to be very worn it, stains here and there, be it mud or blood.

You need to get some of the Partisans in tracksuits, the brightly coloured ones that were never in style.

EG

http://www.conversationware.co.uk/wp-cont....its.jpg

But i guess it depends on what sort of partisans your trying to mold, cause a lot of the guys "dress" like older men, i think tracksuits and just things like trainers and fake Adidas bottoms would give some of the partisans a younger look.

Although they do look under equipped, they look like they know what they are doing (drab colours + boots + minimal camo) So they seem and look professional, adding things like normal clothes or brightly coloured clothes and minimal webbing adds a bit of amateurism to it.

Also, backpacks, i'm not sure if its possible to get normal kind of bags you have lying around the house on them rather then green coloured army issue sling overs would be awesome.

http://www.swim-shop.com/images/sp_youth-backpack.jpg

But either way the guys looks completely awesome, can't wait for a taster

I consider using something from the older stuff, that you were able to get on collectible's market back those days. Contemporary uniforms and gear were not actually allowed to be worn by the civilians (of course as Shadow said, this could have fallen in their hands easily so will be present as well) Western stuff is good but not to a great extent, I'd be choosing old blouses and pouches, say from the vietnam era or even older. BDU's, M65 jackets maybe.

These units give us a wide space as we're not handling with regular army and do not have to stick to any criteria (except the one of the timeframe of course)

Some backpacks I'm considering: ->

p1hj3.th.jpg p2nk0.th.jpg p3tm4.th.jpg

PS; the jumpsuits presented are more charcteristic to early 90's but it is a good suggestion and will surely implement one or two of these. Although something like

32ix1.th.jpg

would be more suitable.

To say the least; We surely are not going to exaggerate with the civilian stuff. There is a lot of civilian things in developement (if you look closely on the background in first partisan screen) but not exactly in terms of fashion wink_o.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions and input smile_o.gif

Regards

Topas

Exactly the guy i also had in mind, the Sniper from CoD4 seems pretty inspired by this guy tounge2.gif