Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Yea , add those frontal armored sheets for 100% and i think T-80 BV have more armour "blocks" in turret part. I like too see 4 armoured divisions of T-80's + 10 Mi-24 in air and we can start the war biggrin_o.gif

Asked Kenji and he said actually he really forgot them but its still a WIP version so thats not problematic.

Funny thing is the beta versions before all had the front guards.

Btw these things dont protect at all they are just painted rubber, i think thats the reduce the dust the tank produces on the move over dry terrain.

So from what i was told they may become random parts like tow cable, log on back and some other stuff.

VILAS I know this is in the wrong forum and all but can you please reupload all the OFP vilas pack that contained all you're work (like VILASPACK1/2) along with the other updated ofp work.

Did you decide on wich versions of the galil you were going to use? Skaven has a superb 7.62 Galil ARM in his RACS pack an i know you were working with some his stuff.

i have general permission and contact with Skaven, but i do my own made from scratch ARM because i found it matching BIS weapons /ARMA style and more realistic than CS weapons

Skaven imported FAL from CS, but this FAL has gas barrel over grip, in real gas barrel is inside grip

so something may look super, but not showing real weapon construction

and my weapons match BIS style

if IDF mod will ask, they will get more GALILS in this pack for their purpose, for my needs , for FIA/Guerillas ARM 5.56 is enough :]

weapon pack is not only for 1985 but my other addons too, and for any mod/addonmaker that will find it usefull for their units

are you using the wood texture or composites? the majority of military galis were composite.

Also are you changing any of the class names in the LWP pack you gave a few people previews of? i am working on a Evo type campaign on the 1985 stuff and i was curious if i should wait for the new release so i dont have to redo everything

vilas if you're still interested in doing a Groza I can get the model from STALKER which can easily be edited into the whole Groza family. Also I thought those plates under the front of the T-80 were part of the dig in blade system?

Thanks Vilas...if you'd like to make more Galil types like the MAR and Galat'z, that would be great although my mod still needs to find an infantry model without body armor to make some historic units. With yours and Topaz's permission , we may be able to reskin some of your guy's 1985 addons that use the PASGT vest so that they look like 80's era IDF that use a similar type of body armor (although in olive drab not woodland cammo). If that's too hard for us, maybe (again with yours and Topaz's permission) we can modify your guy's Vietnam era soldiers since they are already in olive green.

I also agree with you 100% about the FN-FAL rifles. Realism is more important then how pretty it looks.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Where's the dirt and dust?

Still looks far too one coloured, add more highlights on the edges and add an overlay layer to the whole texture to break it up a bit. A grunge overlay. The edges should be worn a lot more than they are now, more scratches a lot more. The front dust panels which one would expect to be a lot more beaten up look too fresh, new. The ERA blocks need a bit more highlighting on the edges.

2MehMan

If you look at the tank's surroundings you'll see a lot of dirt'n'dust.

About overcoloring - it's for better normalmap imaging - personally I vote to leave tanks color as it is. In RF Army you won't see tanks of only salad of light-gree color as it's in vanilla ArmA - take a look at color variety on diffirent photos. Not to say I can repaint the whole tank in several hours - it's matter of conditions.

And remember this are WIP pictures, not pictures of completely finished stuff.

looks great guys.... can't wait to smoke an abrams with it

does the reactive armor actually explode or funtional in any way

Where's the dirt and dust?

Still looks far too one coloured, add more highlights on the edges and add an overlay layer to the whole texture to break it up a bit. A grunge overlay. The edges should be worn a lot more than they are now, more scratches a lot more. The front dust panels which one would expect to be a lot more beaten up look too fresh, new. The ERA blocks need a bit more highlighting on the edges.

Still not fully finished, quite a few details have to be added and a few era bricks on the glacis plate need to be removed.

Also i think well add a bit more dust and dirt before release and possibly change the colour a little more.

About scratches and such, it already has some but for a production fresh tank it shouldnt look completely beaten.

Its 1985 after all smile_o.gif

Thanks for the suggestions, il let Kenji know about it maybe he can use some of it.

Miles Teg your PM box is full and not able to receive messages

my PM box was full too , thats why we couldn't contact

and for the rest - sorry, i saw it today biggrin_o.gif

And just maybe u cann make the side cortens bent or iven missing - broken. Thets wahte is usuly broken or broken on tenks in real war use. Maybe if is not a big problem make same white broken side skerts and aders withe them. I will tray too find same referent pic.

And just too note u guys r makeing hell of a job. Keep up the good work.I cann hardly weit the addon.

foyx9.jpg

The pack will as well contain 'SecretWeapons.pbo' which includes experimental Polish particle beam weapons from 1986 rofl.gif

of course I'm not serious smile_o.gif

just grabbed this picture a split-second before being killed pistols.gif

of course I'm not serious smile_o.gif

just grabbed this picture a split-second before being killed pistols.gif

K that`s good to know...else I would had done that(killing you) pistols.giftounge2.gif

keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

Thank god you weren't serious. I wouldn't know what to do if realism wasn't followed 100%. I might explode... This is real life, right? rofl.gif

Now seriously gents. The screenshots blow my mind. I'm loving how this Mod is coming along. I appreciate the mighty effort. Thanks for all the hard work and personal time spent by all of you. I'm truly excited to see the finished product. biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif