Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Well, I've been experimenting with the new O2, figuring out how to apply the RVMAT files (the files that are basically like a cfgmaterial section in the config.cpp) to each texture used on the models. I've done the UMP45s, and the P90s, all that is left is the MP5s (A2s, A3s, A4s, A5s and all SD variants), the MP7A1s and the HK53s - though not technically an SMG, its essentially an MP5 chambered for 5.56 so its going in the SMG pack because of all the textures it uses that belong to the MP5). These RVMATs also allow me to preview the normal maps in O2, and I can make any necessary tweaks before PBO'ing, testing and finding something wrong which is what used to happen.

So to answer your question, no real updates yet, but there has been progress. I'll post more soon.

Sorry for hijacking but... besides allowing the preview directely in O2, do you see any other advantage so far?

Like you, I've also been trying to understand it and so far I see this .rvmat files as a simple config that loads with O2 to allow the viewer to display the normal maps.

Looking good.

Btw, you can use this link instead for faster imageloading, and we'll get rid of popups and that other crap.

Looking forward too see more of your work smile_o.gif

Thanks Wex-q, but I finally got a response from my hosts and they have resupplied me with my FTP information (thanks Rhodite), so hosting is no-longer an issue, hence any further updates will more than likely come with accompanying screenshots etc.

The majority of the model work is done, but I'm still having a few issues. The models work fine ingame, but my ARMA.RPT file is getting huge with recorded errors resulting from the SMG Pack.

A few such examples:

Quote[/b] ]Warning: sjb_tossmg\sjb_mp5_tactical_sd_eotech_proxy.p3d:0 Face 1389, point 1880, face points 1880,1879,1878 - very small normal 0,0,0
Quote[/b] ]Warning: sjb_tossmg\sjb_mp5_tactical_sd_eotech_proxy.p3d:0.35 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 3697, 3699, 3676

The BOLD text above seem to correspond to faces and the points that make them up, however, I do not know how to correct the "too small normal" or the "Error trying to generate ST" error, because I have no idea what they are, what they refer to, or how to fix them.

Anyway, if you guys and gals have any idea how to fix these errors, I'll be able to roll out a release soon.

Disclaimer: The term "Soon" is used loosely and is subject to change to "at some point before Christmas" or "Sometime before the second coming of Christ".

The majority of the model work is done, but I'm still having a few issues. The models work fine ingame, but my ARMA.RPT file is getting huge with recorded errors resulting from the SMG Pack.

A few such examples:

Quote[/b] ]Warning: sjb_tossmg\sjb_mp5_tactical_sd_eotech_proxy.p3d:0 Face 1389, point 1880, face points 1880,1879,1878 - very small normal 0,0,0
Quote[/b] ]Warning: sjb_tossmg\sjb_mp5_tactical_sd_eotech_proxy.p3d:0.35 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 3697, 3699, 3676

The BOLD text above seem to correspond to faces and the points that make them up, however, I do not know how to correct the "too small normal" or the "Error trying to generate ST" error, because I have no idea what they are, what they refer to, or how to fix them.

I had them also on the tiberium harvester. I have made a copy of the harvester. and i have deleted the whole model, and puted from the copy part for part in the model and tested it in game and looked at RPT file, so i know which model part has got errors and which not. if you got the weird part, you have to check it out, maybe you can see the error, if not, try to remodel it in a other way. i cant tell you what those errors are meaning, for me its like shit.

Sentry

Jackal, have you checked the face properties? Afaik the numbers represent a face..so if you look up the number you should be able to find the 'wrong' face. No idea on what the error mean etc...

Might be there are three point (1880,1879,1878) that should be merged to one..to make face 1389.

About the second error. I think one of the devs or someone else explained the ST generation error, but can't find it atm or remember. Might find something if you again try to pinpoint them by browsing the vertex properties.

These are looking awesome so far!

but is there a release date?

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, if you guys and gals have any idea how to fix these errors, I'll be able to roll out a release soon.

Disclaimer: The term "Soon" is used loosely and is subject to change to "at some point before Christmas" or "Sometime before the second coming of Christ".

goodnight.gifgoodnight.gif

Have you ever thought of making a mini-pack

with some US weapons like M4s and M16s?..

You have some good ones already...

I'm making a series of mini-packs, each comprising of sub-types of weapons (SMGs, Pistols, assault-rifles etc), but don't plan to make any geographically-divided packs.

I'm making a series of mini-packs, each comprising of sub-types of weapons (SMGs, Pistols, assault-rifles etc), but don't plan to make any geographically-divided packs.

And that is a grand Idea! Keep on it Jackal always impressive smile_o.gif

[...]

Simply put, no.

I HATE MY LIFE!

...alright, thanks. banghead.gif

rofl.gif

[...]

Simply put, no.

I HATE MY LIFE!

...alright, thanks. banghead.gif

rofl.gif

lol. lol.

dont worry bud.. it will be alright.

ON TOPIC:

Looking good so far jackal, cant wait to see it on my harddrive.

Im mainly waiting for the HK416 with the EOTECH to come out...most looked forward to weapon so far...would be cool if you would release them soon...

bleh ignore me;P...I just can't wait for that weapon;)

Sorry for this Jackal,

CodyLang, if your truely desperate for a HK416 (albeit one with a 10 inch barrel, the D10RS) and a Eotech you should consider downloading the 6thSense.eu mod-pack.

It has about 6 or so HK416's 3 with the 14.5 inch barrel (ironsight/ACOG/Leupold) and 3 with the 10 inch (ironsight/Aimpoint/Eotech).

Its a decent "fill in" while we wait patiently for Jackals HK416's (with a wider variety of optics) which will come with his AR pack, though I'm assuming they'll all be the 14.5 inch version?

Ok, it's just too bad that you've started with a pack of SMGs... Btw, and totally offtop - aNy of you people know what happened to Laser?

yeah good question, i always loved his rangers, deltas and Seals and us weapons packs for ofp res. smile_o.gif well now in Arma things are still very diffuse who are the pro modders smile_o.gif but so far jackal got my votes on some of the best Us weapons.

True, very true!

The only things I didn't like about the SJB weapon packs for OFP were the size of some of his weapons, and too simple models of some m.guns. And as far as I can tell, the size is no longer a problem, at least for the M4s and SMGs.

I am just not a big fan of SMGs - these are pure CQC weapons, and CQ_battles are rare in ArmA...

Oh well, sooner or later there will be a good set of US assault weapons, hopefully released under the SJB title wink_o.gif

Sorry for this Jackal,

CodyLang, if your truely desperate for a HK416 (albeit one with a 10 inch barrel, the D10RS) and a Eotech you should consider downloading the 6thSense.eu mod-pack.

It has about 6 or so HK416's 3 with the 14.5 inch barrel (ironsight/ACOG/Leupold) and 3 with the 10 inch (ironsight/Aimpoint/Eotech).

Its a decent "fill in" while we wait patiently for Jackals HK416's (with a wider variety of optics) which will come with his AR pack, though I'm assuming they'll all be the 14.5 inch version?

Sweet dude thanks,just gotta wait until I get accepted to be able to download stuff...Thanks...now after that,I'll have something to toy around with until Jackals stuff:)

Sweet dude thanks,just gotta wait until I get accepted to be able to download stuff...Thanks...now after that,I'll have something to toy around with until Jackals stuff:)

Hey no worries mate, I use the 6thSense stuff a fair bit.

Or used to, ArmA's currently uninstalled due to me getting some majorly nasty graphical artifacts taking up nearly 100% of my screen.

Fans on my GFX cards are munted methinks.

BTW, they're also adding these HK416's to their standalone 6thSense Weapons Pack, but its likely a ways off yet.

bleh...now for some reason they took all ArmA stuff off,only vietcong and other game stuff...blehh lol...do you have msn or something and still have the file? Maybe you could send it to me?