Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Jackal326, your weapons pack was the single greatest addon for OFP, now there is ArmA, and your first post in this thread was in the year 2006. I can't tell you how long I've waited for your ArmA debut, I check this thread, look at screens, and wait and wait and wait. Please, give us something, some sample of your awesome ability. Some glimpse of hope that you will someday claim your thrown as the ArmA king of weapons.

Give the guy a break. This isn't paid work. If he finishes some addons and wants to release them to the public it is his decision, equally if he doesn't it is his decision. If you want to make an inspiring 'I really like your work' post then fine go ahead, but layoff the critical 'I want it now and you've taken too long' crap. An awful lot of OFP modders don't mod for Arma, be grateful for those modders who do make the effort on the behalf of us, the mere consumers. Besides, you ever heard of quality assurance?

Jackal326, your weapons pack was the single greatest addon for OFP, now there is ArmA, and your first post in this thread was in the year 2006. I can't tell you how long I've waited for your ArmA debut, I check this thread, look at screens, and wait and wait and wait. Please, give us something, some sample of your awesome ability. Some glimpse of hope that you will someday claim your thrown as the ArmA king of weapons.

Us?! Don't bring "us" into this matter. You don't like the lack of info and/or wait, that ain't me. I got no beef with him. It ain't my place to start demanding or begging either.

So you want to see something now.... And?

Go make your own.

Manzilla and DataPlague are right, I ask and I do not contribute. My post was meant more for praise, but after re-reading I see how it comes across as stern criticism. I apologize, I simply meant to express how the SJB weapons pack raised the bar for OFP, and how enthusiastic I am for that bar to be raised again for ArmA. If I have to wait, I will do so humbly whistle.gif, I didn't mean to sound demanding, and again, my apologies to the community, and to Manzilla, DataPlague, and Jackal326 goodnight.gif.

Anyway, I'm almost ready to release a Public BETA of the SMG Pack. The pack wont include everything I originally planned, but will help give you an impression of things to come, as well as help me find any bugs that remain in the stuff thats already present. All that remains for me to do before the release is sort an issue out with Cervo regarding the hosting and the file will be up. I'll post a reply here directing you all to the release thread once I hear back from Cervo.

how strange, we'd just been nattering about you on the UKF thread. Your ears must have been burning. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking chap. Looking forward to the release.

how strange, we'd just been nattering about you on the UKF thread. Your ears must have been burning. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking chap. Looking forward to the release.

All good I hope?

I too am looking forward to release, its been a long time coming, and I finally gave myself the kick up the arse I needed to get the pack, even though its a public BETA (almost) out of the door.

yeah, of course, talking about C8's and other such rifles. I'm sure the work's paid off smile_o.gif

Great news, can't wait.

Welcome back Jackal, it's been a long time coming but will be worth the wait.

Much respect.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I know this is an old thread, however, as the weapons pack has been mentioned in the new SAS pack, thought i'd ask if there was some updates regarding the new weapons, and any pics?

I know this is an old thread, however, as the weapons pack has been mentioned in the new SAS pack, thought i'd ask if there was some updates regarding the new weapons, and any pics?

Nothing to post really, haven't done any work on the weapons as yet. Still have a few projects up my sleeve I want to try and get out of the way first, not to mention the update to the SAS Pack.

Heya, just a quick question..

How would you feel about HiFi making sound packs for your weapons?

Thats fine by me mate, I've never really been satisfied with the sounds I included, but failed to find any available replacements for them, at least not ones that fit with the weapons themselves. Feel free to make whatever form of sound replacements you wish, but please be aware the planned update for the SMG pack (yes, its planned), is still a long way off, behind a few other projects I have in mind.

Edited by Jackal326
Corrected numerous spelling errors, and added quotes

Thanks for the reply mate, I'll have a word with andersson our config guy so that as and when you release your stuff (no issues about the timeframe) we can make replacement soundpacks.

Thanks again for the response, looking forward to your releases :)

Ps, lovin the clever weapon (crates) stashes....good idea ;)

OK, cool.........

Look forward to seeing your projects, always quality work.......

:bounce3:

The MP7A1 will be defined as a secndary weapon (i.e. a handgun) because I'm sick of the holding animations making it look like you'll lose your entire left hand if you fired it.
Is there any chance for a MP7A1 as a standalone addon as soon as it is finished?

Wouldn't put money on it, since getting ArmA2 I have uninstalled ArmA1. Not to mention I haven't touched the SMG Pack in over 4 months, since my last post here in fact. I doubt any future release is likely now, at least for ArmA1 anyway.