Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Hi, remember what King Homer told you in it's day, Jackal... the bullets

line for the Full-Auto fire mode it's opened at the end, not closed;

that's just for the Semi & Burst fire modes. The model look good &

the textures too, where did you get that aimpoint?, you did it?, you

stolen it from the VBS1...? it looks as good as the ArmA aimpoint. Good job Sami. Let's C ya

No, I didn't steal it from VBS1, I made the aimpoint from scratch, and used a texture by Twinke.Masta.

@ThePredator: Its meant to simulate being operated by the user, but as weapon-specific reload animations etc aren't possible (for the moment at least), this was the closest I could get. I may change it so the c ocking lever is drawn back during the reload and locks back until the end of the reload then is slid forward again.

Sounds cool.

It's sad there are no decent animations even in 2007, but hey, what is the community for if not to fix the game biggrin_o.gif

I think Americas army has perfect animation for reloads, including tapping on the side of the gun, and checking that the first bullet is sitting properly on the chamber, to avoid jamming..

Yea but that was designed as a recruitment thing so it had to be good this is just something to fund VBS2 development icon_rolleyes.gif

this is just something to fund VBS2 development icon_rolleyes.gif

oh give it a break crazy_o.gif

Yea but that was designed as a recruitment thing so it had to be good this is just something to fund VBS2 development  icon_rolleyes.gif

Untill you can prove this allegation I suggest you stop right now. icon_rolleyes.gif

btw jackal what handguns / pistols will be featured in your weapon pack? im wondering if there will be other guns than us guns like russian and european weapons ect. smile_o.gif would be cool with scorpion and tokarev like in ofp resistance maybe. smile_o.gif

Well, I'm about to add a sweet Makarov by Woody (as part of my aim to provide a replacement weapon config so all weapons ingame can be replaced with weapons from the final release of the pack). The permission is still pending on that though. I do hope to add at least a Tokarev to the pack, but it depends how other weapons progress as to what time I have to dedicate to "extras".

As for other handguns, again they're fairly "west"-centric (European and U.S.), they include (but not limited to):

- Colt 1911

- Desert Eagle

- USP

- Mark 23 USSOCOM

- Glocks (17, 18, 19, 20 and possibly more)

- Sig Sauer Pistols (P225, P226, P228 and possibly more).

and two of the sexiest revolvers around:

- Colt Anaconda

- Taurus Raging Bull

I hope to include more. There will certainly be more variations of each type compared to the OFP version of my pack, because I'm now free to have different textures and still retain the "animated and locked-back" slides when empty, because these are now handled by animations and not by the "modelspecial" config-command. As is already the case with the USPs that I completed a week or so ago, I've got about 8 different variants in all, (4 with a black slide, and 4 with a chrome slide, with/without LAM and with/without silencer) and all are able to have animations. *kisses Suma et al*

Kewl, gotta love the SOCOM.

With Dual LAM/Suppressor (first for the looks) ?

Do you need textures for the Mk23...or sounds...or first hand stories? biggrin_o.gif I own one and for a proper adaptation in ArmA I'll do everything.

I've got some pretty good textures for the SOCOM already, but I'll take those sounds off of your hands please wink_o.gif

yer havent been here for a while in this one, tounge2.gif the updated list sounds sweet! inlove.gif cant wait for the usp and others.

ANy idea when this will be released?huh.gif

The 28th of July, without fail. Bet your life on it. thumbs-up.gif

Abs

"yer havent been here for a while in this one, the updated list sounds sweet! cant wait for the usp and others."..........

Yea, ive been away for a while. I joined the Army.........I broke and dislocated my shoulder in Airborne school, and they got me working an executive officer position in the mean time........long story short, im available to play OFP/ARMA again biggrin_o.gif

I jus hope ya got some of those updated verions of the M-60, they were always sweet. yay.gif

I hope the pack doesnt require the latest patch........that 1.08 seems not to like my computer confused_o.gif

"yer havent been here for a while in this one,    the updated list sounds sweet!   cant wait for the usp and others."..........

Yea, ive been away for a while. I joined the Army.........I broke and dislocated my shoulder in Airborne school, and they got me working an executive officer position in the mean time........long story short, im available to play OFP/ARMA again  biggrin_o.gif

I jus hope ya got some of those updated verions of the M-60, they were always sweet. yay.gif

I hope the pack doesnt require the latest patch........that 1.08 seems not to like my computer confused_o.gif

What company? I was in B 1/507th. Sorry you had some bad stuff happen.

"yer havent been here for a while in this one,    the updated list sounds sweet!   cant wait for the usp and others."..........

Yea, ive been away for a while. I joined the Army.........I broke and dislocated my shoulder in Airborne school, and they got me working an executive officer position in the mean time........long story short, im available to play OFP/ARMA again  biggrin_o.gif

dude, as a combat paratrooper i must inform you that you must go back!!! you do not want the failure of jump school to be a part of your career. it will haunt you and you need to recover quickly, and return to jump school as fast as you can.

dude, as a combat paratrooper i must inform you that you must go back!!! you do not want the failure of jump school to be a part of your career. it will haunt you and you need to recover quickly, and return to jump school as fast as you can.

6 months is the waiverable turn-around time for soldiers who involuntarily terminate. I would assume that the shoulder injury would cause him to receive a profile of greater than 72 hours, but Sgt Airborne once told us a story about a kid who broke his ankle in Ground Week but completed Jump Week before reporting to sick call. I dunno if that was a true story or not because he wrapped it up by telling us that the kid was okay because he drank enough water.

Yes, the new animation features in the ArmA weapons is a

nice new feature. Personally I'm still pissed off that the ArmA

guys have no idea what a "manual bolt action is" though huh.gif

Even a modded musket in Arma is "self-loading".

I was in charlie company......1st of the 507th, i believe......fun times though. I got injured on my 2nd jump of jump week. I had a foward drift and pulled a rear slip. bout the time i was at tree level, my canopy rotated and the next thing i knew, i had a rear drift with a rear slip. I think i hit the ground going 30 or so......... I didnt know it at the time, but i broke and dislocated my left shoulder........that would explain why i couldnt even do the quick disconnect on my belly band.......took me a while to disconnect my risers.......got dragged a bit. Long story short, they carted me off the drop zone, and I got surgery to repair the torn ligaments (3 weeks later), and screw my shoulder back together.......that was back in May, and im still healing......will be for another few months. Trust me, Im going back, even if im a day 1 restart. Jumpin from a 130 isnt as good as freefall, but still fun.

How the hell do u break your ankle in ground week?? almost all you do is the 34 foot tower, and PLF's into the pea gravel from that zip line thingy......damn whats that called?......

Maybe he jus messed it up runnin over to ground patch.....

I hated the swing-land-trainer though....my groin hurt like hell after that contraption...

Guys stop jacking the thread please. I don't want this to end up as the last thread did.

Regards Mark smile_o.gif