Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

duly noted.

Some1 sounds pretty confident that this will be launched on the 28th..........hope youre right........ive been waitin for this latest pack since before the release of ARMA.

I guess no1 but Jackal knows what version this pack requires.......ive been messin around with the damn 08 patch and so far ive got bubkis.

Some1 sounds pretty confident that this will be launched on the 28th..........hope youre right

Somehow I think he was joking...

I wonder if there is a final list on what will be featured in the pack. smile_o.gif

I've offered to compile one several times and he himself said he might but...

he better not be pistols.gif

*shakes my fists at Abs*

Oh, I was. wink_o.gif

People here ought to know better than to ask when things are going to be released.

Abs

Well, just to update you guys. I've had some rather serious computer issues recently (more serious than I had first thought), but fortunately everything seems to be OK now. Also fortunate, is the fact I didn't lose any progress on my weapons pack, and the only thing I did lose is the 3 weeks I spent on my XBOX360 isntead, whilst my computer was in the shop getting fixed up. Anyway, it is all sorted now, I just need to reinstall everything (ArmA, OFP to get O2 to work, O2 itself etc).

I'll let you know when I'm up and running properly, and I'll post some progress once its made.

thx for sharing with us  smile_o.gif , damn comp trouble is always annyoing  crazy_o.gif

True. But at least I didn't lose any important data regarding the pack, that would have been way more annoying than simply losing 3 weeks of my internet-life tounge2.gif

Anyway, it seems in my absense TexView2 has been released, as such I'll hopefully get around to re-converting all of the TGA/PSD source textures over to optimised PAA/PAC files, which will hopefully make the files look a lot crisper ingame (right now the textures look blurry if viewed in any view below "High Texture Detail", as if its showing a lower mip-map or something).

Just finished optimising the P220 originally by Twinke-Masta and textured by the_tub. Anyway, here is the preview.

CLICK ME.

Sorry its on Imageshack, still awaiting the ftp details from gotf.net admins. sad_o.gif Let me know what you think.

nice!

do you use oldschool texturing methods? or normal map optimised texturing?

1st one is with painting all the hilites

and 2nd one is leaving them from the diffuse and leaving that to the specular, normal map and hte lightning system

it makes some things pretty easy smile_o.gif

keep it up

I must copy Nephilm's comment. The details are very easy to make if you are making a normal map out of height map.

These are impressive textures but 90% of this could be made with normal and specular map. Maybe at some performane cost but it would look simply awesome.

ha! looks just like my SIG 220 that i bought, only mine is a shorter carry model with the 3.9 inch barrel.........its got a rail for a light too. Its my baby.

Thought you stole my gun there for a second Jackal.

*puts away the ransom money*

Hi, good job there Jackal and congratulations to the textures too;

you've though in release the pack as a mod?, in it's own folder and

rearming the BIS default units (W, E, R and Civs) with some of this

weapons or you keep the initial idea of release 'em as a huge pack

or various packs with a huge too readme file for the weapon classes

and ammo classes too?. Let's C ya

Mate, if it's not too much trouble and you haven't got any other additions yet to make, could you put up a complete list of what weapons (or, failing that, classes of weapons, eg. M16A1/2/3/4, MP5, etc) will be included? I'm making a little amalgamated weapon pack, and I don't want to have spent hours of work having put in weapons likely to be eclipsed by your pack.

@Neph/Panda[PL]: The textures were originally by the_tub for CS:S so they have a lot of shadows etc included in them (though they do include normals as well for engraved details, and the details in the grip and such).

@Wipman: I may include a config file to replace the default weapons with my own, however the basic idea is just a (huge) addon, rather than a mod.

@lifeguard532: Send the ransom money if you want, I wont stop you wink_o.gif

@CameronMcDonald: I'm leaving for work shortly, but I'll attempt to compile a list of weapons when I return home tonight. I think its somewhere in the region of 300 (once everything is completed, right now I only have the MP5s, USPs and the P220 done with the M4A1s partly done. The HK416s have also been started but aren't yet 100% complete.

OK, at long last here is the list of weapons that will (all being well) be included in the ArmA release of the pack. Just a few points I want to make abundantly clear before I post the list. The first point being, the posting of the list is in no way an indication that the pack will be released anytime soon. I still have a lot of work to do on the majority of the models (for the most part re-doing a lot of the models and texture mapping). The second point being, the pack wont be released anytime soon. I realise both points are the same, I just want to be sure my point gets across wink_o.gif

Now for the list, which just so you are aware is subject to change and should not be considered a final listing:

Quote[/b] ]HANDGUNS:

Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum Revolver,

Beretta 93R,

Desert Eagle,

FN57 (plus suppressed and LAM Variants)

Glocks 17, 17C, 18, 18C, 19

SVI Infinity handgun (plus suppressed),

M9 (plus Suppressed)

M1911A1 (variants),

P99 (plus suppressed),

SIG SAUER P225s, P226s, P228s, P220s, SIG PRO 2009,

USP (8 variants - Suppressed, LAM, Silver slide and combinations thereof),

USSOCOM .45 Handgun (Suppressed, LAM and combinations thereof),

Taurus Raging-Bull .44 Magnum Revolver,

SUB-MACHINEGUNS:

MP5 (A3, A4, A5, SD3, SD4, SD5, SD6, Kurtz and aimpoint/EOTech variations and suppressed versions thereof),

MP7 (Various optics mounted including aimpoint, irons and Z-Point reflex sight, as well as suppressed variants)

P90 (plus various optic variants and suppressed variants),

UMP45 (Ironsights, Aimpoint, Suppressed and combinations thereof),

ASSAULT RIFLES:

M4A1 with the following optics: ACOG, Aimpoint, ELCAN, EOTech, Reflex, C-More, ELCAN SpectreDR (Marksman Variant only), M203 variants, and suppressed variations, as well as desert and woodland/jungle paint-schemes,

AK47/74 in many variations (still unconfirmed),

LR300 with various optics (ACOG, Aimpoint etc.) - SEE M4A1 for optic variants,

C7 A1, A2 with various optics (ACOG, Aimpoint etc.),

C8 A1, A2 with various optics (ACOG, Aimpoint etc.),

Diemaco SFW with various optics (ACOG, Aimpoint, EOTech),

CAR15 with various optics  - SEE M4A1 for optic variants,

FAMAS F1 and G2 with various optics (ACOG, Aimpoint) and suppressed variations,

HK53 A2/A3 with various optics (ACOG, Aimpoint, EOTECH etc.),

HK416 in various optics (ACOG, Aimpoint, etc) - SEE M4A1 for optic variants,

M14 in various camo schemes and (non)suppressed forms,

M16A2/A4 in much the same load-outs as the M4A1s outlined above,

SG552 (ACOG, Aimpoint, Reflex and suppressed variants thereof),

SL8 (Suppressed, with various optics),

SL9 as above.

SNIPER-RIFLES:

AWM/AWP with several variants,

M24 SWS in various camo schemes and suppressed/non-suppressed formats. I'll also include the M24A2 (and possibly A3) enhancements,

M40A1 (I will probably add a few camo variations),

M82A1 (suppressed version - possibly to include A2/A3 etc.),

PSG1 (plus Suppressed version),

SPR (I realise its already ingame, but mine wont be an underpowered POS, plus suppressed variant),

SR25 (Suppressed and Non-Suppressed),

WA2000.

MACHINEGUNS:

M60-E3,

M240-G (plus optic variants)

M249 SAW (plus optic variants incl. M145, ELCAN HI-Mag, Aimpoint etc.),

MK43 Machinegun (plus variants),

MISC:

SATCOM Radio (functionality to be added, right now its just an object to carry in the AT-Slot),

Benelli M3 Shotgun, plus other shotguns TBA

All in all, its somewhere in the region of 300 weapons, if you include all of the variations of each type that is.

Ummmmm... SL8 (the one I've fiddled around with) is the civilian variant of G36, a sports rifle. Only SL9 I'm aware of is the SL9SD... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise, a nice list. Any idea if we're getting an extended mag Infinity for those movie-like missions? tounge2.gif

@ July 18 2007,21:08)]And how about Tavor?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Thats why I was hesistant to post the list - because of all the "Why isn't Weapon X in the pack?" and "Why haven't you included Weapon Y?" posts that result from the list.