Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

There was also a v1.1 which can be found HERE.

You can also find a list of weapons included in v1.0 and v1.1. The quality of most of the models has increased dramatically (if I do say so myself) for v2.0 sinve v1.1, so don't be too disappointed with v1.1.

Oh okay so 1.0 and 1.1 was for OFP... of course i know them wink_o.gif

I just thought there was a 1.0 released for ArmA. whistle.gif

Okay so looking forward to the first AWESOME SJB Weapon pack release biggrin_o.gif

Just took a quick screenshot of the EOTECH optic view to show off. Its mounted on the HK416, so you can just about make out the rear-sight, which is blurred due to depth of view and the focus being on the reticle. The weapon isn't centered because I've just been looking around, checking out the 'free-aim' introduced in the 1.05 patch, as I haven't had all that much time to actually PLAY ArmA, except to test the weapons out wink_o.gif

SJB_HK416_EOTECHoptic_tn.jpg

>>>CLICK ME<<<

I've also uploaded an image of the marksman HK416 variant. The ELCAN optic was made by Dasquade, and kindly donated for use in the pack.

SJB_HK416_pres_tn.jpg

>>>CLICK ME<<<

that 416 is looking really good. Good, sharp texturing and modeling.

but isnt that elcan sight a bit big compared to the rest of the weapon?

edit. look at this picture for comparison:

untitled1vm6.jpg

Yes, it is a touch too big. Its since been corrected (the screenshot was taken ~5 days ago).

joe@jonny: Just double-checked the new scaling with the image you posted, and an old PDF I found about the ELCAN SpecterDR, and I think its now pretty-much spot on after the edit (so disregard the screenshot).

Eotech is indeed looking very tasty mate - looking forward to the stuff you're planning here - especially those SFW's biggrin_o.gif

That Eotech looks great, looking forward to seeing more smile_o.gif

Awsome mate, looks incrediable, cant wait to have so good old firefights with these *thumbs up*

Looking lovely as always thumbs-up.gif Keep up the good work.

Jackal326 I read that you said you will have problems with the .cpp file, well,  have you thought on breaking it like making a different .pbo and cpp file for each type of weapons line MGs, Riffles, Sub-Machine Guns and so on?

It would be easier for you, specially for definnig ammo types and weapons, and it would make the game run smoother since it would only load the required addon for the particular weapon instead of the entire pack. It will be very unlikely to have a person using all the packs of weapons in the same mission.

I'm just suggesting beacause from what I've read you will be making like 40 or more weapons, making a mission load them all just for 5 or 6 weapons being used it's really a waste of memory and time. You can even make a different .pbo file just for the sights (the ones not using the eye feature).

Be also careful when choosing the lods, try to give each weapon 5 or 6 distance lods and try to decrease the ammount of polys 30% to 50% from first to the second lod.

Another thing you can do is to include Hidden Selections to the base models, this way instead of having 15 M4s you can have just one as base and than include all the scopes,CQB and magazines as hidden selections (models). All of this will make the game run smoother, and people with older computers won't have problems.

Just my sugestion, whatever you decide to do, be sure that I will be using your addon in my missions, thank you  wink_o.gif

I'll take your suggestions under advsiement Skaven, there is however one thing I disagree with you on. Thats the following:

Quote[/b] ]It would be easier for you, specially for definnig ammo types and weapons, and it would make the game run smoother since it would only load the required addon for the particular weapon instead of the entire pack. It will be very unlikely to have a person using all the packs of weapons in the same mission.

I'm just suggesting beacause from what I've read you will be making like 40 or more weapons, making a mission load them all just for 5 or 6 weapons being used it's really a waste of memory and time. You can even make a different .pbo file just for the sights (the ones not using the eye feature).

Many of the missions I've played that use my pack, in both SP and MP, have given a comprehensive weapons selection enabling the player(s) to go about the mission any way they want.

I haven't made a definate decision as to whether I'll split the configs yet, and its not a decision I will be making until I get everything coded correctly first, before splitting it.

And its more like 300+, not 40 (though thats total number of variations, not the total number of individual weapons).  wink_o.gif

As for making a seperate PBO for the non-eye sights, I already have had this implemented since v1.00.

Not to be picky or anything, but are there any plans to add any shotguns? I just think they're kind of underrated in these games, and I think they would be great if someone was adding a 'police officer' style of gameplay. Looking at the other pack, i assume that you may have more pistols planned, so i won't ask about those.

Anyway, those are quite sexy, good luck on this pack.

300 weapons? huh.gif Please tell me your using the Hidden Selections?

That pack has almost eight times the ammount of weapons the game brings huh.gif That is a lot of work Jackal and a pionnering one.

Making all those weapons in just one addon and making it work withouht compromising the quality of the game in terms of lag and fps/memory will be extremely hard.

Good luck biggrin_o.gif I'm looking forward for your great work wink_o.gif

@Nyfe: Shotguns are already planned, but need a near-complete code-re-write due to the OFP engine's coding being slapped around a bit for ArmA (i.e. in their current OFP-esque state they don't work). When I get around to it, they'll be re-coded, and hopefully continue to use Kyle-Sarnik's shotgun scripts (unless "sheel" firing can actually be achieved without having to do 'bursts' as we used to in OFP).

@Skaven: Tell me about it, I've been working on v2.0 for over 2 years now wink_o.gif

It was my understanding hidden-selections don't work on weapon models, hence why I haven't used them. I'm currently waiting for more information on how to use Proxys on weapon models, and how to correctly define them in the config.cpp and get them to appear/hide where necessary. Maybe BIS could help out on that. [/plea_number_395_for_help]

I know HOW hiddenselections work, its there use with weapons model that I questioned (in ArmA it might be different, but I know in OFP the game didn't recognise hiddenselections on weapon models).

I'm gonna try it and see if it works  wink_o.gif

Some hours later...

I think your right, I've been trying and so far nothing.

I was almost sure that there was a way of doing this, but there's been a long time since I make an addon so I'm catching things back slowly.

I am however making some weapons for me so I'll keep on trying, if I get it I'll tell you how I did it. wink_o.gif

Hello Jackal first of all congratulations for your work, all the pictures look amazing.

I have a question for you, I think you can probably help me, can you please explain me how to import the CS models (mdl) into O2 (3ds)? Specially withought loosing the textures mapped?

Thank you.

Use a decompiling tool to convert the models to .SMD and then import them into 3DStudio Max, this will retain the texture maps (assuming you did it right). Then just export to .3DS wink_o.gif

@Skaven: I thought that was the case, knew it was with OFP, but wasn't sure if things had changed with ArmA.