Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

notworthy.gif Now that is some work to be prowed off. One of the most realistic wear and tear i have ever seen. Notice how 'fresh out of the shop' my spector and the other stuff in the pictures look compaired to your work biggrin_o.gif . I think a lot of texture 'artists' could learn out of this if you would have the time to make a form of guide over this wink_o.gif . In the end don't we all want to learn...Keep it up.

in regards to desert camo i can shoot you over the .psd's and all that for the desert camo i was doing for your ofp weapons pack.

if you think it will help that is.

some pics if you dont remember;

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/sabretron/left3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/sabretron/des2-1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/sabretron/des1-1.jpg

The textures look awesome. That the 6.8 i made out of the M4 SASR?

yeh it is the 6.8 mate.

thanks guys, glad it looks ok :P, ill pass on the .psd's to you probably tomorrow SJB, there isnt really much to them yet, just the left side and the stock pretty much never finshed it, ill get them when i get home from work today.

In regards to a guide ill see how i go for spare time to do so, but ill upload the .psd for everyone to have a look at in the meantime if ya all want.

Most appreciated Sabre!

And offcourse a guide would be the cherry on the pie, but indeed no need to let it delay the rest wink_o.gif .

I must agree with Dasquade a guid to how you've created those would be most appreciated smile_o.gif

That is actually quite a big help SASR. If I can manage to do this one just by looking at yours while in PS I wonder what people more talented than me could do.

dieleftiu0.th.png

Give him time he has most likely had some R/L come up.

As for updates I don't know if there is much else other than whats been posted.

No updates to report really. Still trudging my way through 'optimising' the weapons, making sure they have correct lighting effects (sharp/soft edges where needed) and merging original textures etc. Most recent subject was the USP Pistols, I'll post some screenshots in the next few days.

I've had a lot of work on my plate in real-life, so the weapons are on the back-burner at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to find more time, if not things are going to take a lot longer. However, hopefully I'll be able to work on them more.

Wow this looks awesome!

I've got a question though, out of the 300 skins, was it?  Are they all going to be different skins per gun(ex,ak-74 skinned to look like ak-47) , or will there be skins that will just optimizie/tweak the vanilla guns?

Sorry if it's already been asked.  Don't have time to read through it all.

Keep up the awesome work!  These skins + the awesome sound mods out now will = orgasm everytime a shot is fired.  inlove.gif

What do you mean?

Do you mean like the diemacos having different textures etc?

Skins crazy_o.gif

man...

Quote[/b] ]ex,ak-74 skinned to look like ak-47

it's pretty rude to think that.

an M4 is an M4

an M4 with Eotech is an M4 with Eotech

an AK 47 is an AK 47

an AK 74 with GP30 is an AK 74 with GP30

an HK 416 is an HK 416

Jackal and the guys who are helping him are Pros, so they don't just retexture a weapon and name it like that weapon which it should be.

You can be pretty sure that WYSIWYG counts on this one man wink_o.gif

This is not like in other games. You can add new weapons and the old ones stay as they are.

These are no skins, these are totally stand-alone-weapons.

Skins  crazy_o.gif

man...

Quote[/b] ]ex,ak-74 skinned to look like ak-47

it's pretty rude to think that.

an M4 is an M4

an M4 with Eotech is an M4 with Eotech

an AK 47 is an AK 47

an AK 74 with GP30 is an AK 74 with GP30

an HK 416 is an HK 416

Jackal and the guys who are helping him are Pros, so they don't just retexture a weapon and name it like that weapon which it should be.

You can be pretty sure that WYSIWYG counts on this one man wink_o.gif

Rude? Hardly. It was a simple and innocent question from an oblivious mind. Nothing was implied. Except for maybe my knowledge of the game, or lack thereof.

I'm fairly new to ArmA and I saw the glock on the first page. Since there's no glock in the game(that I know of), I figured he just reskinned an existing pistol with a glock skin.

I wasn't aware that this weapon pack was literally adding new weapons into the game, as other games only reskin.

Thanks freshman for clarifying it smile_o.gif

To further clarify before I pass-out after a LONG day at work, the weapons will be entirely new model, the majority of which I feel, are of a higher quality than the default weapons.

As I intend to include new models of weapons that currently exist within Armed Assault, I suppose a form of replacement config could be drawn up to replace the default weapon models with ones from this pack. However, thats a while off yet as the majority of the models haven't been worked over yet. As a stand alone addon, the pack will add 100% new content - new models, new textures, new sounds, new weapon images for the gear screen, and also new animations (something which the default weapons lack) such as animated pistol slides (frankly I'm astonished at BIS not including this on the Makarov/M9 models), animated bolts, triggers and the disappearing magazines used during the reloads.

sounds very cool jackal, I bet those 300 guns are a hard work huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

Very hard work indeed. Most of the preliminary models were completed, but they were for OFP. The hard (and time consuming) part is bringing them up to ArmA standards (using fewer, but larger textures instead of a lot of smaller textures, correct lighting with ingenius use of the smooth/sharp edge tools etc).

Anyway, made some progress with the MP5s recently, got every version except the MP5K-PDW done.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Lighting might make the shots look somewhat odd, but its dawn so the sun is low on the horizon to the right of both images so it really makes some of the edges stand-out.

They look incredible!

And what's that unit your'e using? your addition too? :O

I wish. Thats the 1.07 BETA Patches change to the default Saboteur unit.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that thanks to some help from Skaven, I've got the trigger animations working, and through some further teeth-gritting I've even got the charging-handle bolt thingy-majig on the MP5s to lock back when they're empty, and lock forward when the MP5 is reloaded and stay forward until emptied.

Quote[/b] ]I forgot to mention in my previous post that thanks to some help from Skaven, I've got the trigger animations working, and through some further teeth-gritting I've even got the charging-handle bolt thingy-majig on the MP5s to lock back when they're empty, and lock forward when the MP5 is reloaded and stay forward until emptied.

Isn't that a bit unrealistic? The cocking lever does not move until operated by the shooter.

Since we don't have any autoreload, this would look strange. In the reload animation, it could be nice, though.