Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB Weapons Pack

Keckler and Koch?

Looks good though Jackal, looking forward to seeing more.

rofl.gif

I guess he just wanted to test us.

"It's not a bug, it's a feature"

biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Jackal you shouldn't copy everything from your Airsoft HK 416, especially not the writings wink_o.gifrofl.gif

Hey guys! nice weapons your are working on, but is it possible to create a silenced sniper rifle for bluefor or opfor?

this would be a very useful addon! whistle.gif

Made a bit more progress on the HK416, this time in the forward assist region wink_o.gif

[RL=http://sjb.gotf.net/weaponspack/SJB_HK416_Early2.jpg][im]http://sjb.gotf.net/weaponspack/SJB_HK416_Early2_tn.jpg[/img][/url]

Click the above image for a larger preview.

did u do that one yourself or is it a cs import? and it looks a bit high poly aswell.

but anyway there wont be hundreds of guys carrying a 416 on a map anyway.

looks badass though !

I missed that typo in the texture, I'll fix momentarily. wink_o.gif

@Teufelsklaue: I have already included a LOT of suppressed sniper rifles, and may include some more. The ones already include are M21, M24 (and M24A2), PSG-1, M82A1, as well as marksman versions of various assault rifles etc.

@joe@jonny: The HK416 is based off of the M4, the foregrip was made from scratch, and actually turned out lower in vertices/tris than the M4A1 RIS Foregrip that I made, which suprised me. The entire rifle, as it stands in the latest image is ~4600, which isn't bad. There isn't a whole lot more that needs addings (just the rear-sights and adapter for attaching a front-sight, as well as a few tweaks).

@Everyone that can't read: It doesn't say KECKLOR, it is actually a 'H' its just the font I used, and the slightly dodgy angle

Hopefully it doesn't say HECKLOR either crazy_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Looking good mate, the OFP pack was awsome, surely this will be to smile_o.gif

@Teufelsklaue: I have already included a LOT of suppressed sniper rifles, and may include some more. The ones already include are M21, M24 (and M24A2), PSG-1, M82A1, as well as marksman versions of various assault rifles etc.

Sorry Jackal! Didn´t realize it. Thought you were just working on Heckler & Koch -Weapons.

I really need a supressed sniper rifle (m21 or m24). Hopefully you finish it till april... wink_o.gif

greetz klaue

LoL. Well, i love his work. But its Jackal.. i will be happy to see the release of his 2.00 Weapons Pack before Duke Nukem Fornever is out. I almost waited the same time for both xD

I´d love to see the release of a few of his weapons.. but his release policy is more like "when its done" or "maybe q4 2021" -_-

Would you prefer a crap load of buggy weapons and then moan at him and beta testers for rushing it or wait for a while and get a polished product...

LoL. Well, i love his work. But its Jackal.. i will be happy to see the release of his 2.00 Weapons Pack before Duke Nukem Fornever is out. I almost waited the same time for both xD

I´d love to see the release of a few of his weapons.. but his release policy is more like "when its done" or "maybe q4 2021" -_-

Take your negative comments away from this forum please ... smile_o.gif

Would you prefer a crap load of buggy weapons and then moan at him and beta testers for rushing it or wait for a while and get a polished product...

No, one single High Quality weapon after another.

And no need to attack me, i totally adore his work.

Lets keep it civil people.

@Venom_UK: Thanks for the images, but I'm not sure of their reliability with regard to scale and such, because they appear to be 'painted/drawn' images in Photoshop rather than photographs of real-life weapons. May come in handy though.

I've almost completed the HK416 now. Not had all that much time due to work commitments though. All that is left is to model the rear iron-sight, and then make the variants with different optics etc. Then it'll be the LR300s that I'll be tackling and remodelling on the new receiver.

Hi, hey jackal, i think that the mags in the M4/M16 series or the

clones (Diemaco etc) look better in our stolen M4's pack than there.

Why don't you steal 'em from our pack?, you know that you can

take whatever you want from what i stole for that pack:

wip_m4s-1.jpg

Think about it. Let's C ya

Thanks but no thanks. I'm happy with the magazine already in place, as it 'fits' rather well with the rest of the weapon.

There are some hints in the weapons3.pbo.

Maybe BIS plans to add those and some others (Shotgun, Bizon...)

@Everyone that can't read: It doesn't say KECKLOR, it is actually a 'H' its just the font I used, and the slightly dodgy angle

Hopefully it doesn't say HECKLOR either crazy_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Looking good mate, the OFP pack was awsome, surely this will be to smile_o.gif

HOCKLER tounge2.gif

Is it 4,600 triangles or 4,600 misc. polys for the HK

416? I already thought I was pushing the envelope with 2,000

or so triangles! huh.gif

There are some hints in the weapons3.pbo.

Maybe BIS plans to add those and some others (Shotgun, Bizon...)

I see it now, thanks for that.

It was in the region of 6,600 faces, triangulated it comes to roughly double that, which is slightly harsh, but offers no performance loss that I've noticed, and I've had 50 guys carrying HK416s unload on a URAL full of infantry so tounge2.gif

Thats for the PILOT LOD (the one you see in first-person view), with few alterations to the models done for 3rd person). However, the weapon has very good LODs so at roughly 15 feet away the number of polygons/tris drops incredibly as extra detail isn't required at that distance.

@Clavicula_nox4817: I plan to incorporate as many weapons in the pack as I can, though obviously drawing the line at times to actually release the pack in its various versions. Whether an M8 will make it into the pack I can't say for sure, its certainly a possibility though.

It was in the region of 6,600 faces, triangulated it comes to roughly double that, which is slightly harsh, but offers no performance loss that I've noticed...

That's interesting. Now I may be able to add 3x more detail

to my own crappo gun models!  yay.gif  

I suppose a lot of the polys now go to making smooth-looking

iron sights. Is the 3D iron sights view actually taken from the

pilot LOD or is there a separate additional "iron sights" model?

I think both methods are possible (using the "old" seperate model but making it 3d), but most of my models, where possible, use 3d ironsights that are part of the weapon model itself. This makes the whole transition a lot smoother.

Quote[/b] ]Some work in progress shots of v2.0

umm... Was there a v.1.0 released?