Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Igor Drukov: Thanks! Unfortunately none of my stuff has been personally tested in MP, nor even developed to take MP into account yet, so I'm not really surprised that WGL is crashing, sorry. :/ It'll have to be SP only in WGL for the time being until I can get around to testing and figure out what's causing those crashes. You could try disabling features in the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf and maybe something will work, but I don't know. Also try disabling the SLX Wounds part and see if that does anything. You could try turning GL3 off entirely and play with just the supersonic cracks if you want. :]

Hardcoreâ„¢: Cool, sounds interesting! Hope you guys have fun! Maybe I'll even try connecting to see if it works!

battle hampster: Thanks!

Q: Hi! Thanks for the mirror! All updates so far are full patches that supersede all previous updates and do not need any of the inbetween ones.

343rdBadger: Wow! That sounds like a very cool, very interesting way to play! Thanks for that writeup! I'll try testing with something like that for a future update, and I'll look into those bugs later. For that first one it might be an AI script in GL3 doing it, try putting your squad in stealth mode and GL3 might pass over your squad and not run the script. As for the speed issues, they should be cleared up for the most part in the next update.

Edit:

Here's the update:

SLX Mod Update 1.06 1.74 MB

Changes:

Updated SLX_GL3.pbo to version 1.02. Firefights are much smoother now. Almost no excessive lag. Hit effect location estimates should be more accurate than in the first release.

Added basic "embers" effect to fire, as a visual aid for why fire spreads.

Made burning dropped weapons have a smaller fire.

Added binarized CSLA config.

Sorry for all the updates, I'm just trying to get everything into a fairly smooth state fairly quickly. Hopefully there shouldn't be too many more problems with this update and the next will take a while longer.

Edit:

Universal: Read my previous posts. No transparent water.

battle hampster: Possibly something in SLX wounds, I think it might have something to do with the AI's taking dead people's weapons and stuff because it crashed for me when one was doing that yesterday, I'll look into it when I get a chance. Thanks for the report!

william1: Thanks!

supershooter: Awesome! The effects look really good in motion! It really capture's the chaos of battle, with all the dust everywhere and so many things going on at once with all kinds of forces interacting! biggrin_o.gif

@Solus

Thanks for completing an update in so fast! Not sure if I should mention it as I can't pinpoint why, but I had a CTD when playing on Desert Island. I was only using the standard FFUR2006 Russian soldiers and CM FP2 ACUs. Then all of a sudden it CTD, I'm not really asking why since I have no clue how it happened but rather just mentioning it so if anyone else has this problem more than once. Thanks

sorry for the updates ? ! man we should make a statue in the center of a square in your honor notworthy.gif thanks for the hard work to make this mod even better than it is yet , downloading now

inlove.gif

Great work! notworthy.gif

It gives OFP a new life and make the Play-Fun much better.

Thanks again

Imu smile_o.gif

Nice update! Really reduces the FPS drop here! Getting back about 10fps most compared to earlier ones. Playing with FFUR, will be trying WGL though, loved WGL but FFUR had al the new things I had to try but I guess that SLX+WGL will be the best experience to get with this mod smile_o.gif

I like this mod, but the AI can be a little too aggressive at times, and are very precise at pinpointing targets in the middle of undergrowth. In "Sniper Team" at the very start my team got hung up on a tree in the hummer and within a minute they had been shot by a BDM that was very far away and could not possibly see us through the forest. Also, I kept getting shot while lieing prone in the bushes which made finishing the mission impossible. Play "steal the car" with this mod and you now have a tank to deal with in addition to infantry!

I like this mod, but the AI can be a little too aggressive at times, and are very precise at pinpointing targets in the middle of undergrowth. In "Sniper Team" at the very start my team got hung up on a tree in the hummer and within a minute they had been shot by a BDM that was very far away and could not possibly see us through the forest. Also, I kept getting shot while lieing prone in the bushes which made finishing the mission impossible. Play "steal the car" with this mod and you now have a tank to deal with in addition to infantry!

I have to agree, im getting "sniped" by regular infantry with ak74 from loong distances. Its almost like playing FFUR 2.0 again. In FFUR 2.5 its very well balanced with the AI accuracy, perhaps you should look into this Solus. (im playing SLX/FFUR config btw)

still diggin the mod tho ; )

Just finished playing for this night, I made my own mission and tested it with al the updates and with FFUR and WGL. I must say that I had the best experience, gameplay and FPS when playing this in combination with WGL5.2! Although I would love to have the SLX vehicles working in WGL as I use the BIS models, I don't get the DMA Army models working somehow. But may be my fault somewhere.

Well just to say it once again! GREAT MOD notworthy.gifyay.gif this will keep me busy until I have ArmA installed

I have to agree, im getting "sniped" by regular infantry with ak74 from loong distances. Its almost like playing FFUR 2.0 again. In FFUR 2.5 its very well balanced with the AI accuracy, perhaps you should look into this Solus. (im playing SLX/FFUR config btw)

still diggin the mod tho ; )

I second that.

It's taking a lot of fun away when some guy can snipe you from 300m in the dark without a nvg.

The settings in ffur 2.5 were very good. I'm surprised that although I'm using the SLX/FFUR config the AK74 snipers have that much success.

So somehow SLX affected the shooting accuracy. Would love to see HD (High dispersion) weapons or settings for all units.

I'd like to make the dirt kick up / explosions a little smaller (bullets shouldn't kick up a whole shovel full of dirt).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;Hit effects

_p={drop [{cl_water},{},{Billboard},2,1+(_speed*.00125)+(random (_speed*.0005)),_pos,[(random (_speed*.003333))-(random (_speed*.003333)),(random (_speed*.003333))-(random (_speed*.003333)),random (_speed*.01)],2,1.28,1,1,[.2,_speed*.003333,_speed*.003333,_speed*.003333,_speed*.003333,_speed*.003333,_speed*(.005+random .01)],[[.85,.73,.57,0.4+random .2],[.83,.84,.78,0.05+random 0.2],[.65,.64,.61,0.04+random .02],[.65,.64,.61,0.04+random .02],[.65,.64,.61,0]],[(random 1)-(random 1),(random 1)-(random 1),(random 1)-(random 1)],0,0,{},{},{}]}

_d={drop [{\SLX_Cloud\ExplosionDirt},{},{Billboard},2,1+random 1,[(_pos select 0),(_pos select 1),-0.4],[0,0,2.5+(random 1)],2,25,1,1,[.2,(_speed*(.001-random .0005))],[[.85,.73,.57,1],[.85,.73,.57,0]],[0],0,0,{},{},{}]}

_d2={drop [{\SLX_Cloud\ExplosionDust},{},{Billboard},2,0.4+random 0.4,[(_pos select 0),(_pos select 1),-0.5],[(random (_speed*.0005))-(random (_speed*.0005)),(random (_speed*.0005))-(random (_speed*.0005)),3+(random 2)],2,25,1,1,[.2,(_speed*(.001111-random .0005))],[[.7,.6,.4,1],[.85,.73,.57,0]],[0],0,0,{},{},{}]}

if ((_pos select 2) < 5) then {_pos=[(_pos select 0),(_pos select 1),0];call _d;call _d2;call _p;call _p;call _rico;}else{_mx=.05; _pos=[(_pos select 0)-((sin _dir)*((_upd-_sta)*(_speed*_mx))),(_pos select 1)-((cos _dir)*((_upd-_sta)*(_speed*_mx))),(_pos select 2)-(((_ShotVel select 2)*.0083333))]; _p2w={drop [{cl_water},{},{Billboard},2,1+(_speed*.00125)+(random (_speed*.0005)),_pos,call _vel,2,1.28,1,1,[.2,_speed*.002,_speed*.002,_speed*.002,_speed*.002,_speed*.002,_speed*(.002-random .01)],[[.85,.73,.57,0.1+random .1],[.83,.84,.78,0.04+random 0.1],[.65,.64,.61,0.03+random .02],[.65,.64,.61,0.03+random .02],[.65,.64,.61,0]],[(random 1)-(random 1),(random 1)-(random 1),(random 1)-(random 1)],0,0,{},{},{}]}; call _p2w; call _p2w; call _p2w; call _rico};exit

exit

The model / effect I want to make smaller is "explosiondirt". What would I change in here to make that adjustment. Say to 50% of its current size?

Heh very nice mod, and it seems AI became way smarter  smile_o.gif

Simple quick mission with two squads with this mod took me long time to complete. But at the end i got killed, wanted to throw grenade toward soldiers lying on groung and screaming for help, but the tree got in the way  pistols.gif And what i saw in screen "you are dead"? One of my guys dragging resistance officer which got injured also the one i tried to put him out of his misery........ This guy killed alone half the squad and they are dragging him? rofl.gif

Q thanks alot for the mirror! It was a nightmare trying to download from Upload.com. Now if you'll excuse me...

SLX_Replacement_Pack_Mod_update_1.06.rar in courtesy of ofpc.de and WGL  smile_o.gif

WGL5.12_SLX_config.rar

rename the existing config.cpp in @SLX\bin to slx_config.cpp

copy this config.cpp in the @SLX\bin folder - NOT in @WGL5\bin

be sure to have the right order of loading the mod-folders

ps: solus use these two for hosting instead:

http://www.rogepost.com/

http://yousendit.com/

Is this config with the disabled voices in WGL?

If so, how can I restore them?

that's not how Solus said , i'm confused, what happens with the config for wgl mod that Solus did ? huh.gif

Q,

Thank you for generously hosting the 1.06 update for those of us who are having difficulties with using Uploading.com's system. Hopefully the other hosting sites you advised won't pose any problems for future downloading.

Man, I have to drive to my sister's home to use her cable Internet service. I see that both FFUR 2006 and WGL have released updates that are just too massive for my telephone connection to handle. sad_o.gif

Q, do you know if SLX's WGL config will work with the 5.1 build of WGL? If so, I'll definately try them out together [/i]soon.

I'm not even going to attempt the 2.0 build of FFUR 2006, as I just can't imagine that with all of the changes that were made in build 2.5 that SLX's FFUR config would work properly.

Time for me to go. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Yours,

Kyle

Nov. 18, 2006

tounge2.gif

i was playing mp with my mate the other day and he seemed to have a few problems probably more than me (the server)

MM1 grenades apparently freeze mid air

Floating Rpg launchers and some guns over dead bodies

In a mission coop i was the leader and he kept saying 1 follow 1 over and over then my squad left my control!

When i got criticaly wounded and i was just a lone sniper he kept saying 1 follow 1 in the radio it drives me mental!

Me freind complains the SVD has random trajectories and is too hard to us

Apart from that loving the features keep up the good work!

SLX_Replacement_Pack_Mod_update_1.06.rar in courtesy of ofpc.de and WGL  smile_o.gif

WGL5.12_SLX_config.rar

ps: solus use these two for hosting instead:

http://www.rogepost.com/

http://yousendit.com/

Is this config with the disabled voices in WGL?

If so, how can I restore them?

I'm using that version with radio chatter. Did you unquote -Enable AI Voices in WGL's Config Base?

Somewhere among all of these updates, Powerslide, Bayonet and Hand-Hand options were lost in WGL. Still have my Knife and Shovel at least  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]that's not how Solus said , i'm confused, what happens with the config for wgl mod that Solus did

- EDIT - sorry nonesense

Quote[/b] ]do you know if SLX's WGL config will work with the 5.1 build of WGL? If so, I'll definately try them out together soon.

WGL SLX configs supplied by Solus are based on WGL 5.1.

the WGL5.12_SLX_config.rar is an 5.12 one of course smile_o.gif

Some bugs that ive found with SLX 1.06:

- when ordering my squad to "follow me", I often get a "all folow all" or "all follow 4".

- when telling my squad to "all, danger", they sometimes go into a "all, form line" or "all, disengage". its really weird.

- when playing with SLX/FFUR 2.5 the wind-trajectory effects are gone, is this because I use it with FFUR?

- when tanks get secondary eksplosions (even small civilian cars), they kill/hurt in a 30-50 m radius!

- when shooting, the dirt thrown up from the ground is 2-3 meters from actual impact.

- the AI often go into buildning even tho' there arent any threat, and the are set to "safe". Leaving missions unbalanced/unplayable.

- the AI has unrealistic shooting skills, and can pick someone off at 300m with ak74 with ease (I already mentioned this bug previously)

This is all I can remember, I hope you can use some of this feedback Solus.

- when shooting, the dirt thrown up from the ground is 2-3 meters from actual impact.

I noticed this in the first release, forgot to mention it.

Hi, this is an ausome upgrade to the game, I like this almost better than any mod, but the main problem I get with the game, is after about 10-20 minutes of gameplay, the ofp game crashes, and I get a send error message dialogue.

This is every time I play.

Hi, this is an ausome upgrade to the game, I like this almost better than any mod, but the main problem I get with the game, is after about 10-20 minutes of gameplay, the ofp game crashes, and I get a send error message dialogue.

This is every time I play.

try rebooting your machine, it helped me. (and remember to upgrade SLX to 1.06)