Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Hmmmm...just had a CTD.I was climbing into a wounded tank that had a squad attached to it via a "moveInGunner".As I climbed into the tank as commander,it 'turned me out'  of the turrent,then in again...then CTD'd.This was the T-80.We were being fired-on at the time.Dunno if its a fluke or not. huh.gif

It was one of those bastard M113's that was doing the shooting btw,...bastard...I hate them.Going back in to kill some more...........pay back. xmas_o.gif

Shashman: Cool, so it looks like it's working well for you ?

Yep everything seems to be working fine. I just played some of the Tonal Insurgency campaign using SLX and that worked well, albeit with a few effects missing I think, there just seemed to be less of the bullet impact dust clouds, I think only the vehicle MGs were causing them, but nevermind, still works good, and can't wait til this new update is uploaded!  notworthy.gif

/EDIT: Although I wasn't able to heal from the Tonal Government medic attached to my squad for some reason

Solus I was wondering.

Seeing the overwhelming positive response from the community here regarding your mod, what is your plan?

Will you improve it? Tweak it? Do you work on something new? I have the feeling im not the only one wanting to know : )

Here's the update:

SLX Mod Update 1.03 894 KB

Changes:

Fixes from 1.01.

Fixed text in regular installers.

Added WGL 5.1 config.

Added WGL fix in SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf.

Removed OFP radio voices in default config.

Fixed default path in SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf Thanks again Extremeus Decimus!

To install mod configs:

First backup the other mod's original config.bin or config.cpp in their bin folder, then copy the SLX config to their bin folder and then run OFP with -mod @SLX;Mod

supershooter: Ah, most of the melee stuff hasn't been worked on in a while, so it's kinda messed up sometimes. That shovel was one of the last things I added and hasn't been tested much. All melee weapons are just offensive weapons for attacking. They are mainly intended for use against zombies, or as last ditch weapons and stuff. I am thinking of making an option so that melee weapons can be used to cut down foliage, so vietnam mods can have a machete that actually cuts through the jungle.

Smiley_Nick: Try out the new config with all the effects, see what you think. :]

V.P.: The plan is to support it for a while then I'll decide on where to go from there. :]

Edit: Extremeus Decimus: Oops, sorry! I'll fix that right away! It was for testing WGL.

Smiley_Nick: Are you using the latest patch ? Maybe that problem above is it.

Awsome work mate, your a fast worker wink_o.gif

Me and a friend are testing this mod on a dedi, but the server keeps crashing, trying to figure out what the cause is.

Will keep you posted thumbs-up.gif

Awesome!! That's exactly what I've hoped to do!! biggrin_o.gif Have you seen the 3D Studio .rtm importer and exporter plugins ? You can import the vehicle's animation, then the end frame of the get in animation, then export them so you can make the in between animations with the vehicle loaded in OFPAnim. That's how I made mine. The plugins are in a post somewhere on these forums I think, but I don't know if the link is dead. You also need a OFP solder model file for max that someone posted in the thread. If you can't find it I could send them to you if you want.

Well, as a scripter (mainly), I only use OFPAnim very rarely (hence why my anims all look like crap), and I wouldn't even go near 3D Studio (3D modeling is scary business). crazy_o.gif Plus, I lost patience with OFPAnim today, it's very frustrating and nearly impossible (for me) to use most of the time. banghead.gif I don't know if it's just me, but the soldier always seems to get distorted and the anims look like crap. Your idea sounds good, thanks for the offer, but I'll have to see if I can find someone else (who has 3ds, and is better than me in OFPAnim) to do the anims, then they can use that method.

And the shape of the hind itself makes it very hard, it makes me wonder how any hind pilot could possibly get in the cockpit without injuring themselves. It's rather high off the ground and the door opens to the rear. banghead.gif

Well...I like it...but IMO, needs some optimizing somewhere.Running it with ffur on a 2 gig 64 bit x850xt with 1 gig ram at 1024x768 very low terrain 16 bit forced to 32 via the DX dll,was gettin kinda slow in a medium to large battle with armour and troops support.At best I could only get 22 frames and lower,where 30-35 with out it was the norm.If we could somehow get those 10 frames back it would be a godsend.Would give it the "fluidity" thats meeded on the medium systems like mine.This is fine for small squad to squad skirmeshes,but lets face it...in opflash , combined arms is where its at on a medium to large scale battle field.This is where flashpoint shines.That 10 frames would do it.If this is any indication of where flashpoint is going...hehe ,who needs ARMA?.....10 frames....c'mon ,just 10 little frames...you can do it..... yay.gif

What happened to the sprint/powerslide? Hope you didn't nix it as it has saved me in the pinch quite a few times biggrin_o.gif

I think that anim came from the Ninja addon, which he got rid of in the first update, which is a shame because it's actually a really useful anim to have! pistols.gif

The dragging is cool and pretty funny too. Try putting it on 4x speed and dragging a wounded guy around. All the non-stop bitching and moaning is hilarious (or maybe I'm just sadistic). crazy_o.gif

An amazing Mod Solus , congratulations and thanks for bringing this to the community, this is an ECP beater , and i love ecp, iam loving this from Ai that iam actually scared of, "i found myself hiding around a corner leaning out as dust was kicked up all around the supersonic gunshot cracks had me ducking for cover as my teamates were slaughtered ,as i leaned out for another look and saw my seargent begging for help , but i couldnt assist because i was too scared of the enemy shooting me " Classic , unfortunatley i too am having slow frame rates with it , i am running p4 3.6 7800gtx with a clean mod folder , but battlefield with slx ffur is 4 fps doh! iam not sure how to swap the config files for ffur 2.5 do i delete all the files in ffur's bin and add the ffur mod replacement lighteffects or do i add the ffur slx replacement mod files alongside the original ffur bin files?

thanks for a great mod

You put the config.cpp file from the SLX FFUR Light Effects folder into the FFUR/Bin folder

I think that anim came from the Ninja addon, which he got rid of in the first update, which is a shame because it's actually a really useful anim to have!  pistols.gif

Agreed, actually I'm shocked Dive + Jump have been around without any major modder's implemting it although the jump was a bit clumsy and needed to be toned down abit.

Oh well- reverting tounge2.gif

Kudos to you Ninja-man!

Hahaha yeah speaking of which, I started running after this Tonalese rebel because I wanted to hit him with my rifle ('Strike' weapon) and everytime I pressed fire I'd yell something like "Diiieee!!!" rofl.gif And he just kept running biggrin_o.gif

Great mod, just wish it were easier to install. confused_o.gif

BTW, thanks for answering my question Solus. wink_o.gif

Thanks for the replies everyone !

To install mod configs:

First backup the other mod's original config.bin or config.cpp in their bin folder, then copy the SLX config to their bin folder and then run OFP with -mod @SLX;Mod

To get the dive to prone animation working again: Just search the config for "ninja" and uncomment the commented out section.

343rdBadger, NeilReed101: I'll look into getting better framerates in a future update.

william1: Good to hear!

Shashman: If you're running the default slx config or the ECP one, try the bayonets, much faster and you can attack while running after them. ;]

Thanks for the replies everyone !

To install mod configs:

To get the dive to prone animation working again: Just search the config for "ninja" and uncomment the commented out section.

343rdBadger, NeilReed101: I'll look into getting better framerates in a future update.

william1: Good to hear!

Shashman: If you're running the default slx config or the ECP one, try the bayonets, much faster and you can attack while running after them. ;]

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Solus I would just like to report that ive got a P4 2.8ghz and whenever I load up FFUR i get a like 1-3 second lag and then everything runs smoothly and i also get a 1-3 second lag when I eject. I am using the slx full effects. Other than that I love the effects especially when i was flying my su39 frogfoot and shooting the unguided missiles (just fabulous ). Excellent work dude.

Where do I do that? In the SLX_GL3 settings?

I couldn't find it in either the GL3 settings or the config.cpp huh.gif