Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

I think that anim came from the Ninja addon, which he got rid of in the first update, which is a shame because it's actually a really useful anim to have!  pistols.gif

I second that!

Solus please give as back the powerslide anim! biggrin_o.gif

Last night I played some missions with SLX/FFUR.

It was one of my best gaming nights ever!

Positive impressions:

- A lot more soldiers are lying around after the battle and screaming for help! Adds a lot of atmosphere. Soldiers that hide anywhere come to help their friends and so you don't have to search them for hours on the whole map. smile_o.gif

- I jumped out of an UAZ while driving because I was ambushed by AI. And guess what? The cars engine and the lights were still on! Which came in very handy cause the enemy was in light and I could see them much better than they me. smile_o.gif

- Soldiers are shouting: Like go go go, we're under attack, cover me and so on. This improves the battle atmosphere a lot. Almost as good as DSAI plug in in ECP from Cameron McDonald.

There is too much to mention how this fantastic mod improves gameplay you should try it for yourself!

One funny bug:

- Once I shoot an civilian (for experimental reasons smile_o.gif ) and he was still alive, crying for help. I left him ran away some 500-700m to engage enemy soldiers. Then suddenly I found myself dragging the injured civilian who was so far away although I didn't press any action like drag this guy. Really weird but happened only once.

Two questions:

Does the enemy not heal me when I'm injured?

How can I take captives?

(I healed an enemy soldier, he was without weapons, but then he ran away to pick up an AK74 and I had to kill him. He didn't surrender.)

Go into your config

ctrl-F "Ninja"

Take away all of the // 's under that section

Powerslide restored biggrin_o.gif

Almost as good as DSAI plug in in ECP from Cameron McDonald.

DSAI is great but I prefer SLX's as they seem more relevant to whats actually happening. Especially the cries for help.

i dont like it, while playing with vanilla ofp i found loads of bugs.. huh.gif take to long to post them all, im a busy guy but heres some..

When In an Ah-64, you jump out as pilot the heli is still flying, when you get 2 to eject who sisnt in your group bar no more :/ you just have to guess hes there, and you make him eject the helicopter is flying, then when you shot at the empty Ah-64 [bis's] the bullets hit the aircraft then fly into the sky in slow motion, which looks annoying and thats just one addons with all those :/ wink_o.gif

Go into your config

ctrl-F "Ninja"

Take away all of the // 's under that section

Powerslide restored biggrin_o.gif

Maybe you're talking about the SLX standard config

Because in the SLX/FFUR config there is no // where Ninja_road_LLU and Ninja_Water_LLU is.

So it looks like it should work with FFUR, but in game it doesn't.

What do I have to change?

@Kroky

Sorry, Can't help as I don't have FFUR, maybe he took it out for that config confused_o.gif

@ Matt Rochelle

Apparently your not busy enough to give your short-sighted opinion. Remember, this is a brand new Mod! Of course there are going to be bugs considering the magnitude of enhancements+changes crazy_o.gif

If you can't find anything positive about this Mod- don't play it or better yet, make a better one.

@Solus

I just must say thank you for this fantastic mod!

And thank you very much for implementing it to ECP, FFUR, WGL and CSLA! You fulfill every wish the OFP community has.

Uncredible!!

If there would be oscars for OFP modding I would give 7 of them to you!!

was just giving my opinion wink_o.gif yeah the effects are good, also i couldn't get the SLX Objects Smoke Screen or Fires to work in the empty objects or Civilian Objects.

Ase290406, Kyle_K_ski: Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have anywhere else to put the updates at the moment, hopefully someone can mirror the latest update somewhere else.

NeilReed101: Thanks for the comments!

Lt.Chris: Thanks again!

Universal: I've already explained using other sky packs multiple times, please read all of my previous posts and the replacement pack readme file.

sweofp: Thanks! There is more information about using the effects with other mods/units in the readme files, please read through them and see if you can figure it out. You should be able to exec GL3 on any unit in the editor by putting "this exec {\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs}" if that doesn't work try using "[this]" instead.

[ZG]BUZZARD: Thanks! I'll take a pic when I work on stuff today.

SamotH: Thanks! Not sure what you mean about the installers, you mean a stand alone replacement pack ? I'll release that in a while. Or you mean the installers ? They work almost exactly like the laumax sky pack's installers. You can remove the grass islands, read all of my previous posts to find out how.

Odjob: Oops, that readme is really, really old, and hasn't been updated to reflect the name change. I'll update the readme in a future update. Try replacing the "damage.sqs" with "SLX_Wounds.sqs" and it might work. Also make sure you have the SLX Wounds paramaters from the bottom of SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf in your init.sqs.

R0adki11: Thanks!

V.P.: Nice to hear that things are going well !

impi: Thanks!

froggyluv: Thanks for the comments! That is due to the fewer bullet position updates that are being done, and the script cannot estimate the hit location as accurately any more. I thought of a way to decrease the lag of firefights while increasing the accuracy of hit estimations last night, so hopefully the changes I make today will result in accurate, lag free firefights. Also I'll look into being able to use all of the ECP DSAI voices in the more relevant GL3 context in a future update.

Kroky: Cool! Thanks for the comments! I never thought of using the lights on feature like that, that's really cool! That part was just a fun thing I added, it almost didn't even get used because of crashes, but I found a way to stop them. For the slide animation, please read all of my previous posts, I addressed that somewhere already, I'll take a look at why it's not working in FFUR. That's a strange bug with the automatic dragging, I've seen it sometimes while testing, but never teleported that far to drag them. I'll look into it in a future update. To your questions: The enemy should try and heal you when you're injured, but sometimes they take way too long to come or can't get there for some reason. I'll look into the helper AI script in a future update. Also if they get there and try to heal you, they might not be skilled enough to fix you up all the way, so you'll have to wait for them to try fixing you up again. And you can indeed take captives. After giving first aid to an enemy and they should surrender, then select the "Take captive:" option in the action menu. That last part sounds kind of like a bug, but maybe it's a misfeature or something ? Maybe the guy was just stubborn and didn't want to surrender. :]

Matt Rochelle: Thanks for taking the time to try out the mod! The automatically flying helicopters was already fixed in update 1.05 before you posted. Most ricochets were also disabled so there shouldn't be any more of those lingering laser tracers. Please read my previous posts and download the update. Are there any more bugs you encountered that haven't already been fixed ? Those objects are only useful to the scripts, I'll hide them to the mission editor in the next update.

Edit:

Shashman: A binarized CSLA config will be in the next update.

Universal: I'm sorry that it's difficult to understand, just please keep reading the instructions and thinking about them and try to figure it out. Copy the files from the laumax newdata folder to the @SLX\NewData folder and run the installer in the @SLX folder. Then run OFP with -mod @SLX only.

[ZG]BUZZARD, Universal: I will not attempt to make transparent water as I don't want to mess up the dxdll reflection effect. The transparent water mod works with the replacement pack though, just make sure you run the non HWTL installer and add @SLX to the transparent water launcher mod list. Here's a picture of the transparent water mod with NVG's on.

"...take to long to post them all..."

You posted one bug icon_rolleyes.gif

And it's a bug I haven't even experienced.

Solus thanks for the update, but the CSLA config is still a cpp file.

"Also I'll look into being able to use all of the ECP DSAI voices in a future update."

I hope you got that I was quoting someone else, I prefer SLX banter - although both couldn't hurt

whistle.gif - to me, it's relevent banter that immerses...

So nice to have banter in my WGL with that quite radio

Okay Solus I understand it now.

Quote[/b] ]Sky packs: Just extract all of the files of the other sky pack's newdata folder into the @SLX NewData folder and run the installers. I just tried it with the Laumax sky pack and it works flawlessly. Make sure you didn't overwrite the installer .bat files in the @SLX folder with the other sky pack ones or it won't work. If you overwrote them just re extract the original SLX Replacement Pack installers over them and try again.

Btw are you going to add transparent water to the next update or at least make it compatible with a transparent water addon ? (Transparent Water V.02B Released 1. 5. 2005, 21:59:46 by Voyager ).

"Also I'll look into being able to use all of the ECP DSAI voices in a future update."

I hope you got that I was quoting someone else, I prefer SLX banter - although both couldn't hurt

whistle.gif - to me, it's relevent banter that immerses...

So nice to have banter in my WGL with that quite radio

The 'SLX banter' are all just standard BIS sounds though, lol.

Hi, very interesting mod, you've done. Good work with knives too. tounge2.gif

I have a little probleme, there is no fire on destroyed vehicules/armors/heli banghead.gif

Is that a possiblity to make Ofrp packs compatibles or enable the "Drag" and "1st Aid" action ONLY for medics? I would really use this mod with my french team. smile_o.gif

I just replaced the config with the latest update, and now I get the vertical laser-like ricochet almost every shot I take

Delta-Force: Thanks! Vehicles do not always catch on fire, and they only catch on fire if the engine is on and there is a unit driving the vehicle and the engine, body, or fuel tanks are damaged enough when they are hit. SLX Wounds does not have any provisions for that kind of thing by default, you'll have to modify the scripts yourself to do that. Please see the SLX Wounds readme for more information, and please read all of my posts in this thread for the latest information about changes.

Shashman: Make sure you extracted all of the content from the patch over the old versions in the @SLX folder, especially make sure that the SLX_GL3.pbo is updated, that's where the updated shot effect script is.

Profe: Thanks!

Further tests of the shot effect script seem to be running very smoothly so far, almost no excessive lag in large firefights now.

Great, I can't wait to try out the next update. Very nice work. I hope to see it continue next year in Arma too. This definately makes the wait a lot easier.

Shashman: Make sure you extracted all of the content from the patch over the old versions in the @SLX folder, especially make sure that the SLX_GL3.pbo is updated, that's where the updated shot effect script is.

Oh OK thanks I hadn't replaced the slx_gl3 settings or pbo

Fantastic mod, fantastic work!

I'm trying to make it work with wgl5 on a dedi server, unfortunately the server crashes after a few seconds in game... Am I doing anything wrong or is the MP compatibility still to be devved? I've uploaded v1.05...

Thanks a million, this rocks big time,

Igor.

Excellent mod even with just str8 Resistance patched to 1.96!

Thankyou for your work! Btw, will be playing tonight Fridays/Sats

Probably start with this and MFCTI let people tool around and work together and at their own pace for a bit - All welcome!

See Details

Like everyone else is saying this Mod rocks! The animations, sound effects and for me most of all the flame/fire effects! Love using it with FFUR2006, thanks for this great addition!

edit: see next page for latest version

Man,I'm still getting weird things happening,I'll try to list them here.

1] when commanding a squad,I keep hearing all disengage or engage at will?But I'm not giving any commands?

2]Lost engine sounds upon respawing into a tank?

3]when getting into a tank the crew turns in and out ,but im not giving any command to turn out...so i'm not sure why they do it?

4]upon getting shot ,I ended up in a loop of dying and healing...not too sure what was happening there?But I was the last man in a squad in the respawn chain.

5] had a target tank loop as well,kept repeating over and over at an faster than normal rate and wouldn't stop.

At this point I have to ask the context of your gameplay testing or atleast explain mine, cause I wonder if these problems occur based on 'how' you approach the game?

Heres what I'm doing in OPFLASH,maybe It can clarify the problems I'm having.

first of all,I tend to play in online multiplay ,but in a single player mode...this allows for the respawn to work as opposed to the editor preview.And allows to make missions multi-capable.Basically I'm joining my own game as server to play singleplayer...or multiplayer depending.So here goes...

I enter as a Russian opfor commander,commanding a squad of 12,(respawn is set so I can keep command)...BUT...by adding 'the moveIn Gunner' init line I'm able to command multiple units and squads.So by putting a driver and commander into a tank which has an AI gunner with a squad attached to him ,allows me to play an entire force as a single person against an opponent/opponents/AI of the blue side.So in this senario I'm commanding 3 tanks,each with 1 squad attached to it, 1 bmp with a support squad  and a couple of hinds as air support standing by.One of these hinds has an AI gunner so I only need to add a pilot if needed .That leaves my medic and 1 AI in my command left to do the gunning in my APC or with what ever else I need doin.Clear as mud??...ok good,hehe.

Now "NORMALLY" in FFUR, against an equal force or close too it,all this tends to run fairly smoothly,even when almost ALL units are engaged...But now with all the dust and smoke, its comming to a crawl.I may very well have to rethink missions now too compensate,but I also gotta wonder if all the scripting going on isn't the real culprit?

Keep In mind that I'm not sure how many people play OPFLASH this way ,so I may be an exception to the rule...but I can tell you this......There isn't any other game out there that an do this and this is really where opflash shines.So I figure If we can get your mode able to handle this senerio,...Smoothly...well It would be great IMO.I'm also takeing into account mind you, that its unknown as too what problems are ariseing due to the very nature of the mod's that we're applying your mod too.They have bugs too,which I'm sure are compounding the problems.But I figure if you know what the context of the gameplay is, when we're reporting bugs,then you get a better idea of what's going on with your mod.I hope this helps and you can get it to play out this senerio as smooth as it was before SLX was applied...would be an awsome good time,trust me.