Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Wasnt that Video from Armed Assualt too? There was at least one video where a blackhawk fired rocktes on a bridge and it did collapse in several pieces.

Wasnt that Video from Armed Assualt too? There was at least one video where a blackhawk fired rocktes on a bridge and it did collapse in several pieces.

yep, the bridge was an arma video

@GBee

Quote[/b] ]

Nothing.

I see, nothing eh?...that’s a bit worrying.  I wonder why not.

@jeftec

Quote[/b] ]

I was talking about Armed assault.  Armed assault has a destructable bridge in one of the early videos....it shouldnt be too long till some mod team finds out how to use the same process for buildings.

Let’s hope so.  Yeah, I've seen the bridge collapse...but what if it’s a set piece?  Like an animation rather than a random collapse?  That could still work I guess.

@deanosbeano

Quote[/b] ]i hope there will be some destructable buildings, like the one in the vid from "game2".

game2anims

I cant play that video.  it loads up, but when i click play nothing happens... confused_o.gif

Let’s hope so. Yeah, I've seen the bridge collapse...but what if it’s a set piece? Like an animation rather than a random collapse? That could still work I guess.

It probably is an animation, altough if you can animate objects, someone could probably make replacement buildings or add animations to them so they can be destroyed via config.

Guest Ti0n3r
I see, nothing eh?...that’s a bit worrying. I wonder why not.

Because an Xbox wouldn't be able to handle dynamic/semi-dynamic building destructions.

i hope there will be some destructable buildings, like the one in the vid from "game2".

game2anims

i think this should exist in ARMA!

Remember that the Destruction buildings video is OLD and for GAME 2.

ARMA is almost GAME 2 in lots of things we seen there for take your conclusions..

Implementing destructable buildings is more than just placing them in WRPEdit and there you go.

All destructable buildings have to be made destructable first. That means the buildings are different to undestructable buildings from the scratch.

Implementing destructable buildings apart from bridges would mean remaking all buildings in the game.

Unlikely imo.

I see, nothing eh?...that’s a bit worrying.  I wonder why not.

Because an Xbox wouldn't be able to handle dynamic/semi-dynamic building destructions.

Ok, that makes sense.

But why don't they even become distorted like OFP on pc?

I just find that a bit odd, and a bit of a worry. If it was accepted in OFP:E then maybe it will be deemed 'acceptable' for ArmA too. crazy_o.gif

Better have nothing than that silly paper damage system in OFP were collision went nuts crazy_o.gif

I just find that a bit odd, and a bit of a worry.

Why? It just looked crappy. Houses rather just stand still when you fire at them instead of crumbling and exploding. That's nonsense.

I just find that a bit odd, and a bit of a worry. If it was accepted in OFP:E then maybe it will be deemed 'acceptable' for ArmA too. crazy_o.gif

I'd guess because the majority of OFP players complained that distorted buildings was unrealistic and very wrong. You can't blame them for paying attention to the community.

They did do destruction animations for the easiest structures, the fuel station and bridges. Animating other buildings would be much harder because of their size and proximity to each other. It would also be difficult to make animations look realistic. e.g. If you fired a shell at the right hand side of a building and the left side collapsed first; Fired at the roof but the building collapsed from the base; If falling debris disappeared into surrounding buildings.

Non-destructable buildings is the most likely outcome for Arma. Animating potentially hundreds of different building models is possible but would we rather wait even longer for Arma to be released? Dynamic destruction is highly unlikely for the reasons already given in a dozen threads (Memory/CPU usage etc)

Before anyone points to dynamic destruction being possible with current CPUs (Game 2 video) - yes without all the other CPU intensive changes that have gone into Arma and a 60 player battle raging around you.

I just find that a bit odd, and a bit of a worry.  If it was accepted in OFP:E then maybe it will be deemed 'acceptable' for ArmA too. crazy_o.gif

I'd guess because the majority of OFP players complained that distorted buildings was unrealistic and very wrong. You can't blame them for paying attention to the community.

They did do destruction animations for the easiest structures, the fuel station and bridges. Animating other buildings would be much harder because of their size and proximity to each other. It would also be difficult to make animations look realistic. e.g. If you fired a shell at the right hand side of a building and the left side collapsed first; Fired at the roof but the building collapsed from the base; If falling debris disappeared into surrounding buildings.

Non-destructable buildings is the most likely outcome for Arma. Animating potentially hundreds of different building models is possible but would we rather wait even longer for Arma to be released? Dynamic destruction is highly unlikely for the reasons already given in a dozen threads (Memory/CPU usage etc)

Before anyone points to dynamic destruction being possible with current CPUs (Game 2 video) - yes without all the other CPU intensive changes that have gone into Arma and a 60 player battle raging around you.

Very good point(s).

I think I've read some place though that the terain will not be distructable due to fears that it would have adverse affects on the AI.

Yes the 'paper' destroyed buildings did look a poor, but it gave the general impretion that the building was fubar

Also, doen't BF2 have destrucable buildings?

Also, doen't BF2 have destrucable buildings?

No, even tank can't knock down fence. crazy_o.gif

Yes the 'paper' destroyed buildings did look a poor, but it gave the general impretion that the building was fubar

I think i was the only person who liked the oregami destruction, altough sometimes it was overdone and you couldnt cross a street anymore because of a stretched polygon... tounge2.gif

As long as we are able to change the destrType then ill be happy, it doesnt need to be in the default game, most new people wouldnt like the oregami stuff anyway  wink_o.gif

I think i was the only person who liked the oregami destruction, altough sometimes it was overdone and you couldnt cross a street anymore because of a stretched polygon... tounge2.gif

As long as we are able to change the destrType then ill be happy, it doesnt need to be in the default game, most new people wouldnt like the oregami stuff anyway  wink_o.gif

Like i said, there not very good, but the do give the intended impression.

I'm glad some one else likes them too.

{dont tell too many people though, they'll shun us from the OFP community for life!}

Well I never said I disliked the building destruction in OFP, but it wasn't realistic and would look dated in Arma.

As far as games which had destructable buildings, CoD(2?) had some limited animation. It only applied to certain walls/parts of select buildings and possibly only to the tank missions in the SP game (can't remember now).

As far as games which had destructable buildings, CoD(2?) had some limited animation. It only applied to certain walls/parts of select buildings and possibly only to the tank missions in the SP game (can't remember now).

Well, something like that was shown in a VBS1 video, but i dont know if it ever was implented, and you shouldnt expect it in ArmA (would a nice suprise though...

*hint* *hint* @ BIS wink_o.gif )

...well, there's silencio lately on all battle fronts help.gif,

i hope for some secret sign soon as 5th OpF birthday is on horizont.

Spose some destruction system can be implemented. Say a bit of rubble falling infront of doorways killing the occupants and blocking further entrance. Might even be possible now in ofp. Im no scripter though sad_o.gif

Maybe a demo... Maybe Not. Who know ? Maybe some impressive new screens. Maybe some new features revealed... Maybe and Maybe. I love speculate. But i hope for a playable DEMO with all needed tools to starting our community work...

if you guys want some real destruction system, look at this:

http://crysis.4thdimension.info/modules...._10.jpg

http://crysis.4thdimension.info/modules...._13.jpg

video (Crysis Ingame Demolition Footage):

http://crysis.4thdimension.info/modules....&lid=30

the video shows some REALY amazing stuff like chopping off trees at any lenght with a rifle.

nice grafics but i thing the gameplay will be boring after 3 weeks....

Guest Ti0n3r

If we want that kind of stuff we'll just have to wait for Game2 wink_o.gif

so the vid works for you bravo?

Btw i smell a publishing deal,seems like all bis have gone away lately. i have only seen one big wig here for over a week and that was The Boss. to quote a famous czech guy, "So It Begins.."

@ crysis , the jungle was impressive stuff with leaves n shit moving, but the e3 ingame vid was dissapointing , looked like soldier of fortune with better fires.

so the vid works for you bravo?

Btw i smell a publishing deal,seems like all bis have gone away lately. i have only seen one big wig here for over a week and that was The Boss. to quote a famous czech guy, "So It Begins.."

@ crysis , the jungle was impressive stuff with leaves n shit moving, but the e3 ingame vid was dissapointing , looked like soldier of fortune with better fires.

you mean this one?

http://media.putfile.com/armaanims

this worked for me, yes. This the old destruction buildings that was supposed to be for game 2 a year ago or so..