Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Whilst not in the hand, the gun is still probably 'attatched' to the body. That happened in OFP. Not a problem at all really. Saves having a seperate item on the map.

It does seem a bit odd that if you want to take the dead guys rifle that you would place your old rifle in the dead guys hand though. biggrin_o.gif

It does seem a bit odd that if you want to take the dead guys rifle that you would place your old rifle in the dead guys hand though. biggrin_o.gif

Probably because he needs that in the afterlife or as a sign of respect for the fallen soldiers. notworthy.gif

Anyway, remember when you played MP and you got shot dead, you were flying overhead as a gull! I wonder if in Arma you will fly around this time as a butterfly? Or maybe as a goat? Donkey? crazy_o.gif .... Aaahhh what does it matter anyway, a gull is just fine for me and maybe this time we can even drop some "stuff" on the enemies, causing temporarily blindness to the victim biggrin_o.gif  .

That would be fantastic!!  You could do pooping runs!   rofl.gif

Also, what flag is on this, soon to be dead, soldiers arm?

Gonna be shot

...Hmmmm.  i think the image is too big, but go have a look instead

Ok thats very weird as the link seems directed to mapfacts lol, but thanks for the correction raedor smile_o.gif

Oooohh Sidewinders on that Ah1-W!

AH-1Z,W has two rotors,Z has 4 and the TSS on the nose.

And yeah the MS relink ish odd..

Oooohh Sidewinders on that Ah1-W!

AH-1Z,W has two rotors,Z has 4 and the TSS on the nose.

And yeah the MS relink ish odd..

So do BIA have it wrong then?

The image clearly shows a vehicle with 4 blades and is there for an AH-1Z (according to meyamoti)...

...while the extended HUD says "getin AH-1W as pilot".

So, what chopper is that and who is wrong?  I'm sure BIA would have researched such a thing....

[EDIT]: Hmmm...After a quick look on google i have found the following;

AH-1W (note the two blades.)  Apparently called a super cobra.

And here you see an AH-1Z(you will note it has 4 blades) apparently called a "King Cobra", you will also note that it's inverted!  Will we be able to fly upside down in ArmA?

@BIS

I think you need to rename this vehicle or face the wrath of hundreds of fan saying, "that’s wrong, that is!" in an annoying manner.  Just a thought smile_o.gif

Last I checked, the Cobra in Arma is a Z-model yet they call it a W. Another funny thing is that ArmA like OFP is supposed to be reallistic. I have yet see the Z-model on active duty. Noone is using it as far as I know.

They should have stuck with the Apache smile_o.gif Its even good looking too.

Depends on what apache ya mean and by that I mean whose.

I'v seen some pics of a few AH-1Z's in active duty some time ago by the marines..I can't find the images now though >< ironic. Perhaps the coder just was thinking of the W and accidently named it W instead of Z,the mind trails,things happen.

Most if not all helicopters can fly upside down these days and and do loops,not the big kind,I mean the side spin like where the helicopter does a full rightside up to upside down circle,could be wrong though..

Lookit the shadows and smoke (fog? ) on this T-72 !  yessss..  Shweet!  wonderfully menacing.  I can imagine sneaking up to a target and bumping into this peeking around the bush. I wonder if the engine could handle a volumetric fog mod? (or if it's already included smile_o.gif )

I was hoping they would still have the quotes when you die. That is awesome... wink_o.gif

Last I checked, the Cobra in Arma is a Z-model yet they call it a W. Another funny thing is that ArmA like OFP is supposed to be reallistic. I have yet see the Z-model on active duty. Noone is using it as far as I know.

They should have stuck with the Apache smile_o.gif Its even good looking too.

I'm not surprised. There is a whole list of wrong names in OFP:

BRDM-2 is actually a Hungarian FUG

AT-4 is innacurately portrayed as a shoulder fired weapon

Carl Gustav is portrayed as a SACLOS ATGM

AK-47CZ

M72 LAW is reloadable

Bizon for Soviets...gun not introduced till '93

The M60 in the game is actually an M60A1, but called an M60A2

T-72B1 is innacurately named the T-72M1

Mi-8MT innacurately refered to as the Mi-17

RPG NH-75 (RPG-18) is widely used by USSR Army. Incorrect, they mostly used RPG-7.

So you can't expect BIS to be perfect, they were hardly perfect in OFP. As long as they have a solid base, and fun game, the modding community will make ArmA the best game ever.

AT-4 is innacurately portrayed as a shoulder fired weapon

I'm not sure I understand you here.

You do realize that the AT-4 is a shoulder-fired, single-shot, individual weapon, right? They may have gotten some details of it wrong, but it IS something that a single soldier can use.

M72 LAW is reloadable

Thats more likely a gameplay/engine limitation vs realism issue than a simple mistake.

And if it's only the name that bothers you, they ARE changable if you access the stringtable.csv in the Bin folder, and the same setup will probably be used for ArmA.

Second, this isn't VBS, they don't have to be perfectly accurate, especialy now that they've got fictional armies to play around with. You can't possibly argue about the accuracy of something that's made up, can you?

And with all of the other improvements and new features BIS is putting into ArmA, the names are the last thing anyone's going to be concerned about.

I was referring to the real model. But if I was to name an addon I'd have to say Franze'.

I just want to add to this helicopter image HERE

Does anyone notice that the pilot that is already in the heli, his feet are sticking out of the bottom and his head is slightly sticking out of the top tounge2.gif

also, the pilot doenst look to be in a very comfortable position at all

Guest Ti0n3r

Cool. Hope it'll be like that in the final product.

wink_o.gif

I was referring to the real model. But if I was to name an addon I'd have to say Franze'.

USARMY1's would be the likely candidate.

And if it's only the name that bothers you, they ARE changable if you access the stringtable.csv in the Bin folder, and the same setup will probably be used for ArmA.

True, but if the name is inaccurate why not simplify things by calling them what they are-rather than what specific version it is. That way everyones happy. Seeing as there is just one version of a (eg)T72 ingame i don't see the reason to name the varient.

Also on the statement about VBS1 being highly accurate is also incorrect. I noticed right away that the core M16s are too long.