Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

so the vid works for you bravo?

Btw i smell a publishing deal,seems like all bis have gone away lately. i have only seen one big wig here for over a week and that was The Boss. to quote a famous czech guy, "So It Begins.."

@ crysis , the jungle was impressive stuff with leaves n shit moving, but the e3 ingame vid was dissapointing , looked like soldier of fortune with better fires.

you mean this one?

http://media.putfile.com/armaanims

this worked for me, yes. This the old destruction buildings that was supposed to be for game 2 a year ago or so..

Whoa whoah whoa. I havent seen this video. This is Game 2 or ArmA? because if thats ArmA destructable buildings then thats perfect

Guest Ti0n3r

It's Game2.

remember when we said ARMA looked like GAME 2 or even better?

why not ARMA have this (video)

Because Game2 is also named "Next generation PC game", and BIS doesnt want to exclude 70% of their potential customers because of high system specs wink_o.gif

+It would also require upgraded physics, and BIS said that there wouldnt be much improvement there... smile_o.gif

Ask yourself this: Why would it? BIS never said it would, stop randomly assuming things! tounge2.gif

ama is not and will never be game 2, arma is a revamped ofp/vbs/ofp:e mix that was spawned last year, game 2 has been in dev for over 3 years and has min 2 left, diff engine diff style etc.

i put that vid to show where they wa upto in game2 so take 3 step back and you got the arma bridge.

Really, except for undestructable buildings and crazy computer hogging brick by brick destruction, OFP had the best system. Mostly because it was random, yet very satisfying.

ama is not and will never be game 2, arma is a revamped ofp/vbs/ofp:e mix that was spawned last year, game 2 has been in dev for over 3 years and has min 2 left, diff engine diff style etc.

i put that vid to show where they wa upto in game2 so take 3 step back and you got the arma bridge.

Exactlly... people seem to be expecting some really amazing game from ARMA. Sure, its very welcome and will be a lot of fun... but at the end of the day its not much more then OFP with a new coat of paint. Game2 is the game to follow if you want next gan game features like dynamic destruction. Tho I still refuse to believe its got 2 years dev time left until someone official states as much. This time last year it was min 18 months left...

Guest Ti0n3r

Not really, as far as I know that module hasn't been released yet huh.gif

Not really, as far as I know that module hasn't been released yet huh.gif

Sorry for the Offtopic.

Ti0n3r, can you explained me this plz?

http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/downloads.htm

movies_1x.rar(38mb) -> Dynamic destructable buildings in vbs1

Dynamic Destruction was tested in VBS1 but was never released, just like walking on and shooting from moving vehicles etc. I'd say those modules will probably never be released for VBS1 either since BIS/BIA are focusing on VBS2 and Game 2 with Armed Assault almost finished.

I really have a feeling/hope this will exist in ARMA. I might be wrong but all points directs to it. There is techno for it, why not?

What about the buildings you can't enter? They don't have an interior so you can't really apply this dynamic destructable buildings on those :P

unless they have a basic interior to them when blown up?!

bootneckofficer

Well we've all seen the bridge getting whacked so we know its possible. I think there are 2 limiting factors with it:

1. Requires a bundle of cpu to work it so having 50+ of them blowing up is silly.

2. it would probably take them about 3 weeks to make each building(assuming they're using klinks old method of making it out of blocks)

Col. Klink's method was simply a way around the engine's limitations. bis, however can alter the engine in any way they wish.

I really have a feeling/hope this will exist in ARMA. I might be wrong but all points directs to it. There is techno for it, why not?

Well the technology exists to model the weather systems in detail for an entire country in realtime, only you need a supercomputer to do it.

What BIS have shown in a tech demo for a game does not translate into something that is ready for release. The signs don't point to it, no interviews, no Arma demos, videos or screenshots show it in action so please stop with the groundless speculation.

Maybe its a surprise... With the new streaming engine there are a lot of possibilities. Maybe its not a fully destructable engine... We dont know anything about that. We can just hope and support BIS to release that sort of things !

I can see the logic in BIS keeping suprises for us, but not something which would be a great selling point*. If you want to market a game, both to players and publishers you don't keep it's major features a secret. Surprises would come in the form of story-line twists, additional vehicles, minor features and easter eggs.

* At least to some of the community, publishers and the mainstream crowd.

* At least to some of the community, publishers and the mainstream crowd.

Blowing things up is always a good selling point...  wink_o.gif

But the VBS1 destruction style looked VERY time consuming to make, and i dont know how performance eating it is. Oh well, BIS didnt say a word, or even a small hint about it, so it wont be in. stop it untill we know something about it.  smile_o.gif

Just do keep in mind that the actual marketing campaign is publisher driven, and as far as I can see, hasn't offically started. So the surprises kept until last ought to be for them to unleash.

A question regarding streaming terrain:

Does it apply only for buildings and objects in general or also for AI soldiers on the island?

How does this technology work anyway?

i would also like to know how it works, so far as i see it, it will work like the old driving games , as you drive down the street , it will not draw the mountains etc until you are closer to them but some lower things will be there, i will stop here cause i dont know smile_o.gif. cue the proffesionals smile_o.gif