Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

i would also like to know how it works, so far as i see it, it will work like the old driving games , as you drive down the street , it will not draw the mountains etc until you are closer to them but some lower things will be there, i will stop here cause i dont know smile_o.gif. cue the proffesionals smile_o.gif

Thats what i take it to mean too.

Kind of like the GTA games? confused_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

It means that you'll get better performance. It's really that simple.

i would also like to know how it works, so far as i see it, it will work like the old driving games , as you drive down the street , it will not draw the mountains etc until you are closer to them but some lower things will be there, i will stop here cause i dont know smile_o.gif. cue the proffesionals smile_o.gif

Kind of like the GTA games? confused_o.gif

No, because they had some midgame loading (only once or twice, but still). AFAIK Neverwinternights used the same technique, but i might be wrong...

Is the capture the island mode going to be really fun? Nice new screens btw.

Rather hard to decide when we haven't played it isnt it?

But if its like CTI rofl.gif then yes it will be fun o.o

I think it'll be the best feature of the game to be honest (so long as you can play it single player and off line).

I think the PhysX card by Ageia can make destructible buildings in OFP a reality.

Did you try the PhysX demo that came with the driver that installed with the Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter PC demo?

The things it does are amazing, and that's only in software mode. I don't have the card!

Crumblin' Down

PhysX Fluid Demo

Question is how does it work? Several model parts or a scrip that somehow cracks the model and blasts it to pieces?

I think the PhysX card by Ageia can make destructible buildings in OFP a reality.  

Did you try the PhysX demo that came with the driver that installed with the Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter PC demo?

The things it does are amazing, and that's only in software mode.  I don't have the card!

Crumblin' Down

PhysX Fluid Demo

Impresive. Most impresive.

(even if the liquid does look a bit thick (could be oil i guess)).

This would look good in a game.

I think the problem isn't the technics, more the performance.

BTW: i don't wanna by a extra physic card for this. In the future the developer should use the second core from a dual core CPU for features like this....

Because the Ageia Physics Card will cost's round about 300 $/€ crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Dynamic Destruction was tested in VBS1 but was never released, just like walking on and shooting from moving vehicles etc. I'd say those modules will probably never be released for VBS1 either since BIS/BIA are focusing on VBS2 and Game 2 with Armed Assault almost finished.

Destructable buildings are present in VBS2 as was shown at ITEC. VBS2 runs on the Game2 engine and this will bring some amazing stuff to VBS2 and Game2.

The Convoy Trainer module was developed for the ADF and has been rolled out to them. It might be available to VBS owners in the near future if they are lucky.

Destructable Buildings is possible for VBS1 as well but requires special models for each building. That's why it wasn't implemented into the exisiting Terrain Packs.

Destructible buildings worked nicely in Soldner (thought it may have been quite system intensive) and didn't seem to make much use of physics, using damage modelling, mostly.

Same with World War II Online.

So, it should be possible to make something that adds to the gameplay without requiring a physics card. (Still, I'd love to see walls come crumbling down...)

Thing is, you can program your game to work with or without the card, like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter on the PC does. With the card, the special effects and number of objects reacting is so much better.

Thing is, you can program your game to work with or without the card, like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter on the PC does.  With the card, the special effects and number of objects reacting is so much better.

So Ageia works w/o the card but just has more features with it? I would like to know how much more it would improve the program with the card as opposed to w/o it. Since the cards are currently still quite expensive this becomes an interesting question!  wink_o.gif

Thing is, you can program your game to work with or without the card, like Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter on the PC does.  With the card, the special effects and number of objects reacting is so much better.

I would like to know how much more it would improve the program with the card as opposed to w/o it. Since the cards are currently still quite expensive this becomes an interesting question!  wink_o.gif

Yeah.

I just bought Hitman:Blood Money but can't smegging play it due to my card!!

I need a new one and would like to know what the best, long term option would be.

thos latest water shots on will portes blog look nice, with rising water etc with weather and stuff.

i gonna wait before i spend on phys x , after i read this report,

here

seems you only need to run command lines and can play without one.

i gonna wait before i spend on phys x , after i read this report,

here

An interesting read there deanosbeano! I think I'll hang off from buying a Phis x card for the moment, and wait for much more enticement in the way of new games with amazing physics that may require it!  wink_o.gif

As for ArmA I don't think it's gonna be much use anyway! Unless some modders come up with some amazing damage models in new buildings etc thats gonna drain your average CPU!   biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

rofl.gif

Thanks for the link.

Oh yeah! there exist two suns if you look at the sun reflections on the water:? In real life, the reflections are centred below the plumb...

second_thingthumb.jpg

Or look at the shadows: in reality they are parallel. it is caused in the far distance of the sun

first_thingthumb.jpg

telejunky

But i guess, that i have to turn of the shadows with my x600 Pro sad_o.gif, so it should not derange my game experience biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Hmm BIS, what do you smoke everyday before you start to work on ArmA? blink-kez.gif

Ah! Thats why the place i so damn hot, now makes sense why they complained about the weather so much. smile_classic.png

Two suns in the ArmA sky or the sun is getting closer to earth ?? tounge2.gif

First of all I hope you know what you are doing posting a >100kb pic in here with placebo wandering around... ._.

I think that is just part of HDR effect but the reflections on sea and shadows really remains a mistery too me. smile_o.gif

But it could be our death:

if we find everytime some faults, BIS would be forced to rework the game. So we have to wait another couple of weeks until the demo is released... Or BIS won´t release other pic´s of ArmA because the community disrupts near everything that BIS wanted to give us a favour ...