Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Guest Ti0n3r

Heh, that looks painfull xmas_o.gif

PS;

"1: Everyone, move to that ArmA Progress Update thread, at 12 'o clock."

The UI looks alarmingly console-like with the massive move markers, the huge hill height numbers on the map etc., I really hope all those will be fixed since they are one of the worst mistakes you can do when porting a console game to PC. (I would assume those come from OFP Elite)

Guest Ti0n3r

Nope, the new UI is not the same one as in Elite.

Ay, nevermind

Nope, the new UI is not the same one as in Elite.

Obviously not, but it looks like it is based on it.

Glad they kept the death quotes, shame they've made that and all the menus into generic box style.

The rest looks good though. Gun view looks alittle stretched and too zoomed out, but i think when you're in game playing it will be OK.

The Arrows and Border areas in this screenshot seem to suggest you only see that image when selecting what mission you want to play, and still get (thankfully) the regular markers at Brief and ingame.

The one thing we havn't seen any images of yet is the Mission Editor.

Looks like there is a "Custom" setting for AI skill in Vet mode.

Looks like we will be able to customize AI in a more sophisticated way in editor or modules thumbs-up.gif

The rest looks good though. Gun view looks alittle stretched and too zoomed out, but i think when you're in game playing it will be OK.

I think it is like this to avoid the polygon cut visual annoyance when the weapon model goes through the player point of view

When making replacement packs, i had to find solutions to avoid this very annoying problem, making the weapon lower or a bit more far were 2 of the solutions i used in different packs.

Quick example of what i am talking about, in the case my approximative english is not really correct wink_o.gif

Here , a standing animation modified , the weapon seems to be nicely placed

nnn1ui.jpg

But, as soon as you try the exact same animation with another weapon ... argh ...

nnn29vk.jpg

Now that was done without the zooming/focusing key, imagine the polygon losses if on top of the default view up there you use the zoom/focus key.

That may explain why the weapon is zoomed out in the video we see.

wow_o.gif So, we should be able to just stick a small portion of our head out from a corner of a wall/building by leaning with TrackIR? Instead of either leaning completely or not leaning at all, we can move anywhere between these 2 points (Standing Straight - - - - - - - - - - - Fully Leaning)?

If this is how it is going to work......omg biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gif So, we should be able to just stick a small portion of our head out from a corner of a wall/building by leaning with TrackIR? Instead of either leaning completely or not leaning at all, we can move anywhere between these 2 points (Standing Straight - - - - - - - - - - - Fully Leaning)?

If this is how it is going to work......omg biggrin_o.gif

I think only the controls that have "(ANALOG)" are analog, not just limited to "on" or "off" but can be something from between. So leaning isn't analog, yet, judging by that shot. But ofcourse it can be added later on.

But then track-ir users could lean a lot better than keyboard users. You could adjust how much you lean depending on the situation. That would not only be cool but most likely useful.

Hmm, another reason to get TIR, maybe?

Seems this is a new death anim:

http://www.magnumland.com/images....-17.jpg

smile_o.gif

Yea! ... GRUSOME!!

Looks like he got shot in da nuts.

I think it is like this to avoid the polygon cut visual annoyance when the weapon model goes through the player point of view

When making replacement packs, i had to find solutions to avoid this very annoying problem, making the weapon lower or a bit more far were 2 of the solutions i used in different packs.

Quick example of what i am talking about, in the case my approximative english is not really correct wink_o.gif

Here , a standing animation modified , the weapon seems to be nicely placed

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3688/nnn1ui.jpg

But, as soon as you try the exact same animation with another weapon ... argh ...

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1263/nnn29vk.jpg

Now that was done without the zooming/focusing key, imagine the polygon losses if on top of the default view up there you use the zoom/focus key.

That may explain why the weapon is zoomed out in the video we see.

what about these Pics? Better?

http://www.mapfact.net/Material/News/Mai06/ArmA/ArmA_02.JPG

ArmA_12.JPG

image size over 100kb.

Its a bit of a shame that weapons are still atached to the "corpses" but i can understand why and live with it smile_o.gif .

Animations are very obvious in a very early stage but atleast i havent seen weapons going thru the ground.

Its a bit of a shame that weapons are still atached to the "corpses" but i can understand why and live with it smile_o.gif .

What? I think thats cool that they added that in.

You think its cool to see a body blowned to pieces (literally) holding its rifle 5 meters above the ground? confused_o.gif .

You think its cool to see a body blowned to pieces (literally) holding its rifle 5 meters above the ground? confused_o.gif .

The guy you saw wasnt "blown to pieces", he was shot. Also, you cant expect ArmA to have the body blow to pieces, it has already been showed they wont so its not that different.

what about these Pics? Better?

Oh I wasn't saying anything was wrong with em,I just meant thats kinda what it looks like,nothin wrong with it. And irl if you were shot holding a gun,wouldnt your body STILL keep the grip of the gun or something along those lines?

As for the exploding bodies,I doubt this is naturally in Armed Assault,however there is a mod for OFP that causes this effect..not sure what it is but I found it with the y2k3 mod,was fun because shooting people with a heavy weapon caused their body to explode,skull,a few bones and blood spurts for everywhere.

I think he means like when you shoot an enemy with a heat round and he goes flying 500m, the guy will still be holding onto his gun, in ArmA

Looking at bravo 6s picture again i can see the middle soldiers weapon is lying next to his body and he's not holding it. Maybe there's a few differant death anims and some are holding the weapon and some arn't.

that was my point tounge2.gif

The weapons distance from the bodys and also the diferent positions they have after death