Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Well It was posted in the gamestar topick...

The most left soldier and the one on the right are using the new sprint anim, they`re both holding the gun in one hand, even despite the fact that one of them is carrying LMG.

Would be cool if they implemented the run`n-hold-your-gun-in-both-hands anim too (even the one from ofp)...Just to have 2 anims for this action...

edit: variety of anims for the same action, or even some varriations of the same anim (like different speeds of walking), not to mention the differences in model`s body build, are the things that make game more believable...

busted_armanim.jpg

Yea, I'll be happy if they fix that 'busted shoulder' anim though!  tounge2.gif

The soldier's shoulder (haha) doesn't look so bad in that picture. It still looks like a bit of an exaggeration (the angle of the forearm with the upper arm looks odd), but I'm sure that my arm moves nearly that far back when I run. And it would not be strange for a soldier to pump their arms extra hard as they run, since they are carrying a gun in one hand with gear on their backs. They might need the extra arm swing to drive themselves forward. Besides, the animation can't be too unrealistic since BIS used the motion-capture to create them.

Remember, there is a difference between how we look and how we think we look when we perform physical activities.

The soldier's shoulder (haha) doesn't look so bad in that picture.  It still looks like a bit of an exaggeration (the angle of the forearm with the upper arm looks odd), but I'm sure that my arm moves nearly that far back when I run.  And it would not be strange for a soldier to pump their arms extra hard as they run, since they are carrying a gun in one hand with gear on their backs.  They might need the extra arm swing to drive themselves forward.  Besides, the animation can't be too unrealistic since BIS used the motion-capture to create them.  

Remember, there is a difference between how we look and how we think we look when we perform physical activities.

Disagree!

armed_badly.jpg

.... It is the way the shoulder pivots at the chest instead of the shoulder bone that is wrong! However, I've already posted my gripes about this ugly anim previously!  tounge2.gif

These are probably temporary animations, like a placeholder. Maybe they are trying to make a list of relevant gameplay actions, before using a mo-cap studio.

One thing's for sure though, I'm not very flexible when emulating stuff shown in the screenshots. It kinda hurts. rofl.gif

good run with weapon in hand animations are in Red Orchestra OstFront ... so i hope ArmAs contain better ones smile_o.gif

Will there be an ability to choose left or right handedness like in OFP:E? Cause I'm a southpaw/mollydooka/leftie.

Nice shots Bravo.

I'm glad they've kept 'Papa_Bear' and not gone for just 'HQ'.

Well It was posted in the gamestar topick...

The most left soldier and the one on the right are using the new sprint anim, they`re both holding the gun in one hand, even despite the fact that one of them is carrying LMG.

Would be cool if they implemented the run`n-hold-your-gun-in-both-hands anim too (even the one from ofp)...Just to have 2 anims for this action...

edit: variety of anims for the same action, or even some varriations of the same anim (like different speeds of walking), not to mention the differences in model`s body build, are the things that make game more believable...

I like this new sprinting motion. I mean if I was REALLY jetting like crazy, I wouldnt care about holding my gun properly. I'd just pump my arms, and hold the other gun in one.

Anyways its atleast better than the HORRIBLE running animation from OFP.

Also anyone else hope they fixed the no gun, walking animation? Jesus christ remember the awkward OFP ones for civilians and soldiers with no guns?

Nice pick with the screenshot.

Anyone running like that with a light machine gun must be superman. The things are damn heavy, you couldn't hold onr up like that for much more than 5 seconds, let alone sprint like that! Anyone thats done archery will probably attest to that.

Quote[/b] ]I like this new sprinting motion. I mean if I was REALLY jetting like crazy, I wouldnt care about holding my gun properly. I'd just pump my arms, and hold the other gun in one.

You'd more than likely not do anything like what you see in this (hopefully placeholder) sprint animation. When carrying a rifle or LMG or anything of similar size and weight, if you ran like you see in that screen, the pumping of the arm with the weapon in it would be extremely tiring considering the alternative methods you could otherwise employ.

Most people will keep both hands on the weapon, held in front of their body, with the muzzle either angled up or down - not forward. The current animation (which, again, I'm hoping is a placeholder) is quite simply wrong. Noone would sprint like that, especially not US troops who've been trained other ways. Hell, even someone who's never sprinted with a weapon before would very quickly discover that that's an extremely poor way to do so, and an extremely fatiguing way as well.

If BIS is going to use a motion capture studio in the future, I hope they make their props (weapons, backpacks) heavy enough that the extra effort would be apparent in the animation data.

It seems that if they used mo-cap for the current alpha animations, then their plastic m16 prop (seen in behind the scenes pics) is too light for studio purposes.

i carried a rifle with one hand , or well it was a soft air rifle m4 but the damn thing still weighed like 3-4 kg's tounge2.gif but A m249 or Pk probably weighs alot more and those big guns i might think could be hard to carry one handed maybe.. but i haven't lifted anything heavier than a m4 so crazy_o.gif I like the new screens by ww2ec but the quality was not so good biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif But any new screens gets me excited, liked the looks of briefing and map screens alot.

If BIS is going to use a motion capture studio in the future, I hope they make their props (weapons, backpacks) heavy enough that the extra effort would be apparent in the animation data.

It seems that if they used mo-cap for the current alpha animations, then their plastic m16 prop (seen in behind the scenes pics) is too light for studio purposes.

BIS have own motion capture studio (there is news about that in BIS archive) so i hope that answer is yes ...

and this include vehicle enter and exit too smile_o.gif

BIS have own motion capture studio (there is news about that in BIS archive) so i hope that answer is yes ...

and this include vehicle enter and exit too smile_o.gif

True, I swear I remember seeing the website for BIS's motion studio. Some people made me paranoid that it was not true.

BTW, I have carried a civilian AR-15 and damn that thing is heavy! 15 pounds it think if was. I'm in trouble if I have to carry that thing one handed, and I think the range-master would have freaked out.

wow_o.gif

It looks like that animation with the holding gun in one hand is the middle of the animation for going prone.

BTW, I have carried a civilian AR-15 and damn that thing is heavy! 15 pounds it think if was. I'm in trouble if I have to carry that thing one handed, and I think the range-master would have freaked out.

wow_o.gif

An M-16A2/A4 weighs around 8 pounds, fyi. Add a pound for a 30-round magazine and you've got a total of 9lbs, not 15.

If you tote around the added weight of an M203 'nade launcher and then switch back to a regular M16, the M16 feels like a submachinegun...so light.

Soldier's muscles become accustomed to carrying whatever their typical load is.

BTW, I have carried a civilian AR-15 and damn that thing is heavy!  15 pounds it think if was.  I'm in trouble if I have to carry that thing one handed, and I think the range-master would have freaked out.

wow_o.gif

An M-16A2/A4 weighs around 8 pounds, fyi. Add a pound for a 30-round magazine and you've got a total of 9lbs, not 15.

Well, my load estimate skills are terrible, but I remarked about the weight of that AR-15 to the range master and he (condescendly) told me that the civilain NRA model is wieghted for shooting competition regulations.  "That rifle is for practice, NOT for war" *wink*.

crazy_o.gif  Man! Some people are touchy! rofl.gif

I have another laptop that is about 10 pounds, but that rifle was heavier than that. And that was without the 20 round magazine.

Very odd.  You could be right though. help.gif

BTW, loading individual bullets into a mag is really fun. smile_o.gif

It's not just about weight but balance. I can't speak for any of the in-game rifles but those I have handled were front-heavy.

Now even a relatively light object can be difficult to carry when it's not balanced and it is usually impossible to run with.

Well, my load estimate skills are terrible, but I remarked about the weight of that AR-15 to the range master and he (condescendly) told me that the civilain NRA model is wieghted for shooting competition regulations. "That rifle is for practice, NOT for war" *wink*.

crazy_o.gif Man! Some people are touchy! rofl.gif

Hehe, I think you just need to eat a few sandwiches to get some meat on your bones. smile_o.gif

Glad to hear about a first shooting experience (?) though, keep at it, AR-15s are a lot of fun.

Well, my load estimate skills are terrible, but I remarked about the weight of that AR-15 to the range master and he (condescendly) told me that the civilain NRA model is wieghted for shooting competition regulations.  "That rifle is for practice, NOT for war" *wink*.

crazy_o.gif  Man! Some people are touchy! rofl.gif

Hehe, I think you just need to eat a few sandwiches to get some meat on your bones. smile_o.gif  

Glad to hear about a first shooting experience (?) though, keep at it, AR-15s are a lot of fun.

*grumble* Maybe I should do more pushups. Or start... *grumble*

Man, ammo sure is expensive. Hopefully I can go to the range some time again. I'm kinda curious about pistols now. Renting is fun. smile_o.gif

Mate, I did competition rowing. Not only is there an issue holding the gun out like that, there is an issue with the strain the wrist is going under. Why is it always presumed that soldiers have 'superhuman abilities over that and above civilians'?!

Go outside attach some weight to your garden spade and try running around like that. Keep trying it for a month and see if you still think it's a good idea! Sure one could forseeably do it but humans are inclined to take the easy option confused_o.gif