Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I personally like Isle De Matey!!!! sounds like a very friendly place biggrin_o.gif

I hope 505 do a special edition like this within the UK. I'm sure these will sell like hotcakes and most likely end up on Ebay crazy_o.gif

(minus the game DVD of course wink_o.gif )

though the wave effects are nice but they need to be worked alittle. If you noticed in the video there are some waves coming from land, something that is not possible in real world.

Don't know if that can be fixed because its kinda strange to eye view.

Yea, I noticed that too! IRL if waves are travelling as they do in one direction then as they pass an island the water on the leeward side of the island would have no waves and would be essentially calm for some way out until the waves had a chance to build again! The problem is that I don't know how BIS would model this effect. It would certainly add a lot more to their wave effects code in relation to land masses etc.

It would be nice if it was perfect, but so far it is looking amazing in every other way!  wink_o.gif

Yeah, nice Special Edition, thanks for the info.

Hopefully also soon the English version comes.

I'm sure they'll fix that with the waves. All you'd need to do is test for shore within a certain distance of the wave effect's origin. smile_o.gif

Yeah, nice Special Edition, thanks for the info.

Hopefully also soon the English version comes.

Yeah I'd buy the english special edition in a heart beat.

Damn, I'll buy the german Special Edition just to make sure I get one... I'm half-german anyway so no language problem biggrin_o.gif My only worry is that the game could be different from the international version due to censorship (blood etc)...

ARMA Special Edition is welcome.gif !!!

yeah plus that huge map, hang it on the wall, pretend to be a real war, god im drooling all over this thing.

morphicon stated that there will be no censorship at all in the german version. It has already been rated 16+ in the original version.

With the sizable OFP\AA communities worldwide, the publishers would be crazy NOT to release the special edition in other regions. I'm sure we will get it, at some point..

BUZZARD @ Oct. 24 2006,00:14)]Damn, I'll buy the german Special Edition just to make sure I get one... I'm half-german anyway so no language problem  biggrin_o.gif  My only worry is that the game could be different from the international version due to censorship (blood etc)...

ARMA Special Edition is  welcome.gif !!!

Dammit I knew skipping german in school would come back and bite me one day! What a punishment sad_o.gif ArmA special edition looks great! Now I'm stuck with my french pick-up lines..

i hope we become a tactical war map.. with streets.. and many more importent stuff .. to use all tactic manouvres 100%..

Why dont You Guys buy czech or polish version and just remove subtitles ? That way you could have ArmA in less than 3 weeks.

Could be kinda tough to find out what you're supposed to do, or don't do though. Here's your mission;

"xcyvzccyxcyxz vcxz vy z vcxvyc vcz vc xzvycz vxcyzvcyxz"

Now click start and get to it!

Why dont You Guys buy czech or polish version and just remove subtitles ? That way you could have ArmA in less than 3 weeks.

Could be kinda tough to find out what you're supposed to do, or don't do though. Here's your mission;

rofl.gif

Ahhh man, I want one of those Special Editions so badly. I really, really hope 505 have one here for the UK... wink_o.gif

Ahhh man, I want one of those Special Editions so badly.  I really, really hope 505 have one here for the UK...  wink_o.gif

we only have to wait untill next year to find out...

No need to be sarcastic. The game has english lector with native subtitles but i forgot about briefings smile_o.gif Look like you'll have to wait up to 5 months longer then me smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Look like you'll have to wait up to 5 months longer then me smile_o.gif

Who's sarcastic?

Why dont You

though the wave effects are nice but they need to be worked alittle. If you noticed in the video there are some waves coming from land, something that is not possible in real world.

Having waves appear on the lee side of an island moving away from it is perfectly reasonable as long as the island isn't that large and there is, as Red Kite said, a stretch of calm water on the sheltered side before the waves on opposite sides of the island join again. The video looks strange because they haven't made the waves consistently bend as they strike shallow water and slow down although in some places that is seen. That is an effect it is quite unreasonable to expect when it really has nothing to do with gameplay.

In saying that, it would be a great display of their knowledge of physics along with the tide, star and satellite motion.

Don't want PCs to run slow due to some bendy waves though eh?

Quote[/b] ]Why dont You

Having waves appear on the lee side of an island moving away from it is perfectly reasonable as long as the island isn't that large and there is, as Red Kite said, a stretch of calm water on the sheltered side before the waves on opposite sides of the island join again.  The video looks strange because they haven't made the waves consistently bend as they strike shallow water and slow down although in some places that is seen.  That is an effect it is quite unreasonable to expect when it really has nothing to do with gameplay.

In saying that, it would be a great display of their knowledge of physics along with the tide, star and satellite motion.

Don't want PCs to run slow due to some bendy waves though eh?

Yea! Modelling precisely how ocean waves are affected by shallow water and islands/obstacles could be quite complex! Probably lots of extra scripts and as you say, possibly consuming too much CPU! Although it would add a touch of extra realism especially for certain types of island capture missions where bad weather would dictate your point of attack etc.!

Oh, and what about sailing mods?  inlove.gif   ... Or surfing mods! I bet some of ya Aussies are already thinking of an ArmA surfing cup!  biggrin_o.gif

..surfing mods! I bet some of ya Aussies are already thinking of an ArmA surfing cup!  biggrin_o.gif

Yeah!  We could have "extream serfing" with an AK slung over your back!!! pistols.gif

Also, I wonder if the "demo" desert island is still around...?  They could plonk it on the map someware surely.