Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I can't wait to see that trailer yay.gif

EDIT: Look at this one, I hardly think a AI would be able to drive in this town if this were OFP. The walls are too close to the road for that. biggrin_o.gif

=) Can't they release it on the same day as in when OFP was released? hehe, 5th birthday celebrated with new game wound't that be perfect.

I think the switch character option is going to be great. No longer are player characters restricted to one uniform. There have been plenty of times when I've wanted to switch characters models.. although, not switch characters.

Could bring some new tactics, stealing an enemy uniform is now possible. smile_o.gif

But the screenshot makes it just look like Operation Desert Storm or whatever it was.

I hope it's not implemented into the main campaign, playing different roles.. I'd like to just stay as one character throughout each mission. But I love the ability to switch uniforms.

I know when I'll check the forums after a week there will be some news waiting for me. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and the ultimate mystery is... Release Date: 01 Jun 2006

If it means in stores available. It's only 2 months or 60 days. smile_o.gif

Dare you BIS if it will be delayed to 06H2 banghead.gif

Pressing K swaps the characters...?

Im not to keen on this idea.

In the orignal game we did get to play as four diferent guys, all with different type missions. Maybe the 'swapping' thing is a simular thing. Play as the Sniper to take out other sharp shooters, allowing the Soldier to get in and eliminate the AT chaps and in turn allow the TankGunner to roll in a mop up.

If thats the case then good...i think.

If you allowed to swap at the beginning and only once. then thats good too.

1st June!!!huh.gif?!?!??!!! Start saving boys, no way our current PC will run this monster!

Quote[/b] ]BergHoff Posted on Mar. 30 2006,07:51

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=) Can't they release it on the same day as in when OFP was released? hehe, 5th birthday celebrated with new game wound't that be perfect.

You're a May 10'th too? lol  (Bis always gives the nicest B-day present)  nener.gif

About the pics, not to sound 25yrs my junior, but: homina-homina-homina  thumbs-up.gif  inlove.gif

I hope they worked on the clunky climbing issue (need to hit a command to climb?)

Quote[/b] ]To explain more how it works, imagine you play the ArmA technology demo for a while. You can see soldiers with a launcher running into the cover of some buildings towards a chopper. After a few seconds the chopper is down. In the next game session it could be completely different and the chopper can fly away or shoot the soldiers first. And that's just the beginning.

Umm.. there's a technology demo. there's troops with launchers in it, and there's choppers. yay.gifyay.gif

Looking at one of the pictures more closely it looks to me like you can now raise buildings into the air while making an island.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/tvgadmin/content/imagedata/57814.jpg

As you can see on the left side of the picture there are many buildings raised on different platforms.

No Multi-Gunner positions though but I don't even really want that too bad anyway.

As the developement goes further to completion, I loose more and more of that OFP feel, everything looks very cartoonish, too vibrant colors, buildings have some odd lightning, island looks far less detailed (The areas around the cities/town).

Also, that multi-character thing. crazy_o.gif

I kinda loose more interest with each screenshot/interview released, let's hope it turns out good in the end.

...hmm

i can`t find Armed Assault video on www.igromania.ru just one sentence that ArmA will be previewed in April number of magazine...no mention of video, or i can`t find.

hehe...there will be megaposter! icon1.gif.

Also, that multi-character thing. crazy_o.gif

Lets wait how it turns out. As seen on the screen you won't have to use it (they don't force you). I can actually be fun, replay the mission and play it from a different area sound actually like a nice feature but during the mission not really. And I hope you're kiding about the less detail.

This pic is either old info or:

1. The new animations aren't in.

2. The animations ARE in, and all the ready stances are the same. confused_o.gif

Can't wait for a video! inlove.gif

it looks like flashpoint, with some grass on ground added...

i hope just one thing after seeing this screenshot...

hand granades will bounce at least?

hand granades will bounce at least?

Hand grenades already bounce in OFP:E

And I hope you're kiding about the less detail.

Look in the background, its empty!  huh.gif

...note the background xmas_o.gif

http://www.armedassault.com/shots/aa_shot6.jpg

I see a small forest (alot of trees though), alot of nothing and a few houses very far away, the same as OFP, wich i consider empty  wink_o.gif

If some ghost recon type switching is in the game you really have to use it, game mechanics work this way. Giving yourself artificial handycaps doesn't work in computer games, cause the game either becomes too hard for you or too easy for those that do not handycap themselves (depending on how BIS balances things), not abusing glitches and setting the difficulty to the maximum is different.

Now i won't buy the game without testing a demo first.  confused_o.gif

... and whats with the houses from Nogova still in the pics? I hope their kidding... the VBS1 terrain pack 3 has all new buildings that are varied and great looking, so they really should put the same effort into ArmAs only new island.

//edit And another thing! They promised fully enterable buildings? None in the screens are enterable, look at the windows - unless i can open them they aren't allowing me to see into the buildings.

Empty backgrounds? crazy_o.gif

Even in the image you posted, there is a house and something else up on the hill on the right.. Where I live there are dense (although not gigantic) forests, and farmland that stretches out for miles. There are also semi undeveloped stretches that are quite bare, even if completly flat, like the ones in these images. I'm hoping there is a diverse landscape that fits most all peoples likes.

BTW, if all the land was filled with forest, swamp, mountain and city with no plains- where would you have massive tank battles? If you did them in the forest, you wouldn't be able to hear the birds! rofl.gif

Finally artilery!!!!!!!! yay.gif

This realy makes a big difference!

And I hope you're kiding about the less detail.

Look in the background, its empty!  huh.gif

Its sand dunes. They don't tend to have very much growing on them.

Wich i take as a good argument...

But on the other pics its the same as OFP, wich is empty IMO. Hell i live in the netherlands, outside a city its completely flat with grass, and it still doesnt feel as empty as OFP did wink_o.gif

armademo_2006-02-28_20-32-47-17.jpg

Thats stupid, swiching class in a mission :/ huh.gif

armademo_2006-02-28_20-18-28-04.jpg

armademo_2006-02-28_20-17-57-26.jpg

dunno if those were posted already huh.gif if they were there they are again lol rofl.gif

Also, what I think BIS is trying to hint us with all the Blackhawk pics is actually the pilot, in every pic, his head is in different position, could mean two things:

- Movable head in vehicle

- TrackIR

Also, by what I mean in empty backgrouns is that there is alot of detail bunched in the town with all the trees and stuff, and the outskirts of the towns look empty, especially compared to OFP in whitch you could sneak up to the town trough rows of bushes, trees and many other cover.

Also, I don't think they're sand dunes, since the same texture streches almost to the sea.

EDIT:

Also are you sure that noone is forcing me? I want you to try and switch concience with a person in real life. It's not how it goes, switching characters midgame is kinda arcadish to me, and if there is excessive amount armor in the town that requres the chopper to clear, I doubt soldier or sniper will be able to do it.

EDIT2:

Also, markers look butt ugly, I prefer hand-drawn ones on the map like in OFP, because I doubt soldier is carrying a PC with him that has those kind of markers.