Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I hate these snowballing quotations.

Sarah looks great. But the map lacks detail so we don't know all of the features it will have yet.

C'mon Porter, how 'bout it?

Come on, I made a post trying to remove the mass-quoting on the last friggn' page. Stop it already. sad_o.gif

Stop with the excessive quoting please, it's completely unnecessary and makes the thread unreadable.

Keep cool "bravo 6".

I think "William Porter" will show us some new content (pics) from the island shortly. Maybe he already got a better cam to shot nice pics  biggrin_o.gif

Or he makes a "sightseeing flight" over the island to get pics from Sahrani.

EDIT\ Placebo: all info that comes from that blog is fake too? mad_o.gif

Yea, somehow the link from a BIS page is fake now aswell? Is BIS fake now too? rofl.gifyay.gif

...- bis said the game will have only one island. Should be a lot bigger then Nogova if what they said is true.

So is this not true (Found that here Down the bottom)

Quote[/b] ]

• A world that lives on its own

• Fight for freedom in a brand new storyline

• A military GTA

• You are not Rambo, only a soldier

• All content from the original Operation Flashpoint in a new revamped game engine

...loving the militery GTA idea!!

@Placebo;

We need some rumour control here.  

Please set us straight,

Is there more than one island planned?

Will the old OFP content be included?

It's been stated already, campains and islands will not be in ArmA.

I doesn't know sequel with original content from pevious game. I except Hitman 3

I was under the impression that we would get all of the old campaigns and islands in addition to the new campaign and island. Not sure if I read that somewhere or just assumed it.

I was under the impression that we would get all of the old campaigns and islands in addition to the new campaign and island.  Not sure if I read that somewhere or just assumed it.

They said so, but they changed it... smile_o.gif

Im really not bothered that the old campaign is removed, what do u expect? new game, new campaign. sounds good enough for me and imo the old campaigns belong to OFP, it might look out of place in arma

the old campaign wouldnt work anyway,if the new default viewdistance is as much as the ones in the screenies. then the t80s will batter you before you get within 2000mtrs of anything.which means your starting point will have to be 30,000mtrs away for the sense of BIG maps to work. and i know you can setview distance to 800 but whats the point it would be like playing a normal "mainstream" game with small maps changing when you hit a trigger and loading the next, i just hope they re worked all the ai so this dont happen smile_o.gif. cause i wanna play this thing maxed out.

the old campaign wouldnt work anyway,if the new default viewdistance is as much as the ones in the screenies. then the t80s will batter you before you get within 2000mtrs of anything.which means your starting point will have to be 30,000mtrs away for the sense of BIG maps to work. and i know you can setview distance to 800 but whats the point it would be like playing a normal "mainstream" game with small maps changing when you hit a trigger and loading the next, i just hope they re worked all the ai so this dont happen smile_o.gif. cause i wanna play this thing maxed out.

The campaigns work fine with 1500m, so and it wouldnt be too much work to type "setviewdistance 1500" wink_o.gif

Bwah, the reason doesnt really matter, they will be converted anyway (or remade, who knows? wink_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]The campaigns work fine with 1500m, so and it wouldnt be too much work to type "setviewdistance 1500" wink_o.gif

because i can already do that, i am expecting a new game with 4000 view distance and better ai etc smile_o.gif.. btw i already said i know we can type setviewdistance. dont just read posts read them smile_o.gif.

oh and who said they gonna fix em ? and where ?

i see ya point, just want facts not speculation m8. unless you know something huh.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The campaigns work fine with 1500m, so and it wouldnt be too much work to type "setviewdistance 1500" wink_o.gif

because i can already do that, i am expecting a new game with 4000 view distance and better ai etc smile_o.gif.. btw i already said i know we can type setviewdistance. dont just read posts read them smile_o.gif.

oh and who said they gonna fix em ? and where ?

i see ya point, just want facts not speculation m8. unless you know something huh.gifsmile_o.gif

Why speculate about something that isnt in? (which is confirmed) wink_o.gif

exactly smile_o.gif. glad you read my post ty, smile_o.gif

anyway, heres a vid of what i am hoping "will be changed".

i place two tanks on a map. in the first bit the viewdist is poor and its also foggy. but from the start, they know about eachother and shoot, without any info from scripts or waypoints. in the second part it shows how far away they actually are, imagine the fogs there they shouldnt know about eachother this way i can play 4000 mtrs view distance and not be waisted from 2500mtrs on init lol. i hope this was fixed smile_o.gif.

example

Modders will convert old campaigns and islands into ArmA, so I'm not worried. smile_o.gif

BTW I'd like to play CWC campaign in ArmA. tounge2.gif

Modders will convert old campaigns and islands into ArmA, so I'm not worried. smile_o.gif

BTW I'd like to play CWC campaign in ArmA. tounge2.gif

Me too!

Thank god I'm not alone.

Hey Ziiip, shall we start a mod team called CWCmod? smile_o.gif

I can't make islands, model men, vehicles or weapons. I can't make 2d textures or make very good web sites. But other than that I'm pretty good.

Oh, also i can't code or write scripts......

Quote[/b] ]They have radar

yup but not 360 radar and it dont work in rain etc etc, and ther bullets land short of there intended target lol. anyway back on topic, where that william and when he reporting back from sarah ??

I wonder what will come next?  Why is that guy in a civilian pickup rather than a militery vehicle?

Guest Ti0n3r

Guees they had a short-term leave from their duties. yay.gif

[irony]No, BIS is stepping down from the military simulator and got contract with EA to make another Sims, with the cities and everything.[/irony]

+1 on the map contours. I wish for elevation numbers on major contour lines etc. Often when zoomed in between several hills it is difficult to tell what is going up and what is going down, where is the lowest point between 3 hills. So some sort of shading or elevation markings on contours would be realistic and useful, and fun. smile_o.gif

Aren't those black numbers all over the map actually elevation numbers?