Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

BIS didn't release this, then who did?  

And how did they get the footage?  

Surely it wasn't leaked as a publicity stunt and free advertisment?

Is the release date of 1st June feasible?

Will Codemaster release Operation:Flashpoint2 to coincide with this date?

Can we expect to see a limited playable demo on the front of a magazine soon?

Will ArmA make it to the Xbox360 before the PC?

How do BIS stand with regards to the old OFP campaigns, as they represent OFP, don't Codemasters still have a hand in them?

Isn't Armed Assault just a massive, official mod rather than a genuine sequel?

Who am I?

What time is it?

Is Caffeine really bad for you?  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Will Codemaster release Operation:Flashpoint2 to coincide with this date?

Can we expect to see a limited playable demo on the front of a magazine soon?

Will ArmA make it to the Xbox360 before the PC?

How do BIS stand with regards to the old OFP campaigns, as they represent OFP, don't Codemasters still have a hand in them?

Isn't Armed Assault just a massive, official mod rather than a genuine sequel?

Who am I?

What time is it?

Is Caffeine really bad for you?  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

No, codemasters still have to start

probably, nothing confirmed

no, wanna bet on it? wink_o.gif

no old campaigns, dont know why, only red hammer is from codemasters AFAIK

a mod with engine changes, so you cant really call it a mod then biggrin_o.gif

ive no idea

Caffeine is not only healthy, but necessary for survival in this world biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

no old campaigns, dont know why, only red hammer is from codemasters AFAIK

I know the voice actors were from Codemaster, I dont know who made the script / island concepts...

I think it's because the campaigns were for OFP, and they're inside CM's legal boundary for the rights to the name. Either way, they will make a return, I'm sure (Pre-release the conversion tools? Please?huh.gif)

I read somewhere a while back in Codies own forums I think, a rep from Codies stating that they actually put quite a bit of input into the original CWC campaign and were largely responsible for Red Hammer. I guess this is the reason that BIS is pulling the CWC campaign out of ArmA due to potential legal issues.  argue.gif

I read somewhere a while back in Codies own forums I think, a rep from Codies stating that they actually put quite a bit of input into the original CWC campaign and were largely responsible for Red Hammer. I guess this is the reason that BIS is pulling the CWC campaign out of ArmA due to potential legal issues. argue.gif

Every guy at codemasters with half a brain that heard of this game knows Flashpoints content will be converted to it, why bother stopping it...

What about edited islands? like Mapfact nogova, or Nogojev, etc etc, they can be converted, as they are property of their owners*

( *= There was a riot about this last year, when a company offered a "VBS1-like package" , composed of OFP community addons).

Legal issues apply when somebody sells someone else's work for their own profit. Community add-ons are not sold for a profit but are freeware and thus litigation would be very difficult! BIS on the other hand has to be very careful as they are selling their work for a profit.   archer.gif

I would say expect the modding community to be very active after ArmAs release!

iepunch.gif

There's a thought. Gonna be smart to see if anyone revamps the old style campaign with the engine. Bit like how people have remade Black Mesa using the HL2 engine. smile_o.gif

COOL!! wow_o.gif

...doesn't look like there'll be any bridges on this one.

...check out the chock point joining the SW section to the rest! Nasty

I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

looks like the island it self is bigger then this one we see  in this page biggrin_o.gif

yay.gif

right? icon_rolleyes.gif

Imagine that island this way: that small southern portion is as big as Nogova, or maybe even bigger. That's the whole area i think - bis said the game will have only one island. Should be a lot bigger then Nogova if what they said is true.

@bravo 6

Quote[/b] ]looks like the island it self is bigger then this one we see  in this page

No, i think he means he doesn't have a more detailed map.

@CsonkaPityu

Quote[/b] ]That's the whole area i think - bis said the game will have only one island.

I think so too.

But whats all this about 'only one island'?!

I was under the impresion that all content from OFP was to be included.  

Is this no longer the case?  

Was this never the case?

They could put them in as a kind of Easter egg, surely huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]A map with more of the local islands

Not a more detailed one, rather a less detailed one that shows all the surrounding islands.

As for original content, I think that was dropped from the game due to legal reasons AFAIK.

Wasn't it dropped because it was crap compared to the new stuff? Just imagine having a high-poly high-res ArmA guy standing right next to a white pyjamas civvie. tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

The thing is that the old stuff is not crap compared to the new stuff. (Look at Elite yay.gif )

That island looks to me to be about the size of Everon or Malden.

Wasn't it a 25x25km Island? instead of 12,5x12,5km standerd everon size. smile_o.gif

It very well could be bigger but by looking at the size of roads and the contour lines and things like that it looks like the same size as Everon to me atleast.

Wasn't it a 25x25km Island? instead of 12,5x12,5km standerd everon size. smile_o.gif

where can u see its 12,5x12,5 km on that pic? tounge2.gif

I thought that they said that it was going to be a 400km2 island, so 25×25 sounds logical smile_o.gif

http://xn--kvrulanten-e6a.dk/arma.dk/images/photoalbum/102.jpg

That picture is taken on the southern part of the island. On the western side of the highlands. You can see the two stubby roads that go into Gulan and then see Samato North-East of it.

Also think I found this one on the North-Eastern part of the island: http://xn--kvrulanten-e6a.dk/arma.dk/images/photoalbum/78.jpg

It lies in the valley. Kind of hard for me to explain the location on this one though.