Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I think the following sentence is enough:

5 years and still ruling.

Look there not a huge company! theres like what 12 of them? I want it out bad too...but its alot of work

A small company that has...I'm wanting to say about three buildings or facilities in seperate locations,two or three. I don't remember which. But they are doing an excellent job,I can't really agree with the troll on this one. BIS is different in the fact that they aren't releasing the stuff as soon as its possible to be released. Alright lets look at one of the worlds if not worlds largest video gaming company,EA. Thousands of workers,usually overworked without compensation. Now they do great jobs in their fields to be sure,my dislike for EA is not everyone in the company,but the ones that think they run it,aka the higher ups. The programmers and designers are just doing their jobs,while the other tell them what to do or fuck up. But anyway...lots of games have been released from them,alot of sports...damn sports man,one after another,an improve in graphics and thats about it. $50 for each sports game when one is just a simple advancement over the other? (either that or we are overcharged here). I saw alot of games have mods for them on their community,and afterwards but a few days later,an expansion popped out of nowhere,many times over and over. BIS could have used this method,but instead they have not attempted to make any expansions to contradict community made addons,they encourage modding whereas others seem to discourage it.

meyamoti you are really just as wise as the good side teacher in karate kid movies! thumbs-up.gif

totally have to agree with you on that post M! smile_o.gif

c'mon some guys can't face it that Bis tries to make Quality games and not quantity games like Fifa or Nhl or BF series or half-life or quake series, sure those games can be fun but only usually for a short time. After a while you search and search for something more mature but still with room for mods and addons and user made content to fill in the blanks or flesh out the original game in all different areas and genres.

Ofp is a great game and i believe ArmA will be a even greater game! inlove.gif i know i sound very happy and like a "fanboy" but i can't help to stay true to my colors and Bis! wink_o.gif

btw i checked the Australians in Vietnam video http://www.australiansinvietnam.com/download/Vietnam.mpg

and even it looks great it shows little irks from old OFP/OFPR engine limits (like these flares from lightsource behind foliage, wish they remove them it's really disrupting the feel of that scene in movie) ...

but if it gets out i hope they plan to update to ArmAs engine ...

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]but if it gets out i hope they plan to update to ArmAs engine ...

Agreed to 100%. That would in my opinion be a very wise decision

They OWN a T-72 for christs sake...

Are you serious?

Wasn't it a T55 they owned near their their offices ?

At least they own a TANK. I don't think you can say that for the most of the other developers. wink_o.gif

Are you serious?

Oh, yeah, my bad whistle.gif

(It's all Hellfire fodder to me anyho tounge2.gif )

Are you serious?

At least they own a TANK. I don't think you can say that for the most of the other developers. wink_o.gif

23s9qnc.jpg

23sabf7.jpg

They are the army though wink_o.gif

I don't think BIS is a change to this norm... They arent any more special than other companies.

Why are you still here? You have absolutely nothing positive to say about ArmA or BIS, so.. uh.. why do you stick around?

You say negativity, I say realism. I don't hate ArmA, or BIS, but I am not gonna close my eyes and ears and go "lalalala it'll be great lalalala". I want to put this topics out so they can be addressed. The problem is, people want to think "Oh, BIS are these "hip" "good" developers who will do this this and this." But in reality, BIS are developers, and they are there to make money. And, exactly what is wrong with that? People think BIS is somehow different because "Oh they made realistic game [not really] thus they are cooler and superior then those RARRR MAINSTREAM DEVELOPERS RARR".

Why should these be addressed? Because I don't want these fanboys coming out, when the game is realeased and cry "O MY GOD, BIS WHAT DID YOU DO? BIS is horrible, boo you suck" just because a couple things were changed.

As well, negativity, or as I say realism, is not against the rules.

If you're so intent on having a game designed your way go make your own. Quit nitpicking and go sit by a beach - it's summer.

Ukraineboy were you disapointed with OFP when it came out? think the same way when they release arma. The creators know what they are doing. Don't worry too much. I would be more concern when..

I don't think BIS is a change to this norm... They arent any more special than other companies.

Why are you still here? You have absolutely nothing positive to say about ArmA or BIS, so.. uh.. why do you stick around?

You say negativity, I say realism. I don't hate ArmA, or BIS, but I am not gonna close my eyes and ears and go "lalalala it'll be great lalalala". I want to put this topics out so they can be addressed. The problem is, people want to think "Oh, BIS are these "hip" "good" developers who will do this this and this." But in reality, BIS are developers, and they are there to make money. And, exactly what is wrong with that? People think BIS is somehow different because "Oh they made realistic game [not really] thus they are cooler and superior then those RARRR MAINSTREAM DEVELOPERS RARR".

Why should these be addressed? Because I don't want these fanboys coming out, when the game is realeased and cry "O MY GOD, BIS WHAT DID YOU DO? BIS is horrible, boo you suck" just because a couple things were changed.

Ukraineboy I'm sure the whole community will be happy with Armed Assault I mean how can you not be after seeing all the improvements BIS has made since it's announcement.

And If there are some bugs or realism issues. They of course will be addressed with a patch or the modding community will take care of it. No one will be booing them but rather seeing how to fix it.

For example look at the change log of the first OFP patch v1.10

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/patches/patch110en.txt

I'll post a few.

Quote[/b] ]

* Customised faces can now be inserted for use in multi-player games, in JPG format.

* Weapon shadows now reflect the actual weapon held.

* Fixed - Sports car speedometer moving in the wrong direction.

* Multiplayer - Fixed - Vehicle shaking problem.

* Fixed - Problems with prone soldiers invulnerable to being run over.

What I'm trying to say is no game is perfect at release. Even though BIS will have the game tested by dozens of people before launch. Some bugs will still get through and the community is BIS's best bug finder same with anyother developers. So for right now just let them finish the damn game without having to say something like "No BIS you can't release the game without custom face support" or something because it will be fixed with a patch just like the first OFP and most everyother game.

I think UkraineBoy's opinion would represent casual gamers who would care for eye candy only. But I don't blame him, he is just a realist. On my part, I believe BIS will deliver a great product, and many interested people will buy. Ive told a lot of people about this game, and most of them like it.

In Fork122's post, in the first pic, is that a Mechen NTW 20 from South Africa that that guy is holding?

(let's be a bit sarcastic)

I wont get it unless....

Has the gfx of the crye or unreal engine.....

They make this game on HLA (high level architecture) & DIS so I cna use other HLA products (sims) to interact with ArmA.

Get rid of this tiny maps and make a 42.000km globe. and I must be able to be ready to deploy my marines anywhere on that globe within 48h.

Of course it needs to be a "VR build" and the game itself must be AI (not the units). So it will learn form data you can add form encyclopedias and wikipedia.

Of course this globe must have also civillian life. not only in crisis regions, but also in all other countries. so when I'm on leave I can visit my family and ...... my missus. say about 6519 billion people on the whole globe. plus animals etc of course.

ohh yeah, and it must have real economics, people working in civilian jobs. banks, bars, clubs, restaurants etc....

So I don't thinkit will be released any time soon..... nener.gif

(let's be a bit sarcastic)

I wont get it unless....

Has the gfx of the crye or unreal engine.....

They make this game on HLA (high level architecture) & DIS so I cna use other HLA products (sims) to interact with ArmA.

Get rid of this tiny maps and make a 42.000km globe. and I must be able to be ready to deploy my marines anywhere on that globe within 48h.

Of course it needs to be a "VR build" and the game itself must be AI (not the units). So it will learn form data you can add form encyclopedias and wikipedia.

Of course this globe must have also civillian life. not only in crisis regions, but also in all other countries. so when I'm on leave I can visit my family and ...... my missus. say about 6519 billion people on the whole globe. plus animals etc of course.

ohh yeah, and it must have real economics, people working in civilian jobs. banks, bars, clubs, restaurants etc....

So I don't thinkit will be released any time soon..... nener.gif

speaking about Game 3 ? smile_o.gif

But in reality, BIS are developers, and they are there to make money.

Actually, from what I have seen of interviews and from personal conversations with artists at BIS, Marek is more interested in making his dream come true than making a fast and easy buck.

Thats why he coded Posideon, thats why he started OFP, and thats why he continues to push his engines. Why else would he spend time coding AI for butterflies, dogs, birds and other animals when they could be scripted like they are in every other game which features them? Why is he trying to get the dynamic conversation system working, rather than using a few dozen pre-recorded conversations? [like Oblivion]

Its because he's more interested in pushing both his own limits and the limits of the technology. If he [and his brother] were interested in making money, we would have seen more "expansion packs" like Resistance, and the developer tools would not have been released until 3 or 4 years after the games initial release. Much like EA works.

$0.02 worth of troll food has unfortunately been delivered...

[Edit]

Oh, and

If thats the case, how come you have those 3 pretty boxes under your name? wink_o.gif

[Edit]

In Fork122's post, in the first pic, is that a Mechen NTW 20 from South Africa that that guy is holding?

I'll answer my own question. wink_o.gif

Not sure, it looks to small to be one of those...