Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

wait, wait, wait....

We're getting two new official BIS/BIA stand alone games (VBS1 Lite and Australians in Vietnam) before ArmA!?

That's fantastic!

Shouldn't they each get their own categories in the forum?

Also, if they are made available via online purchase/download system (a la steam), could that be a precursor of a potential distribution system for ArmA (and no need for a US publisher)?!

kinda odd, we never heard a flashnews about it or even an official rumor. confused_o.gif

banghead.gif

(*hears Placebo entering the room with slamming doors, counting the availible slots, bans..etc).

crazy_o.gif When will some learn to stay on topic and use other availible channels. I don't mean this forum, as you should know this is the BIS forum and it doesn't allow talking of VBS anyway...

And plz don't you all run over to the official BIA forum and spam the place there with useless speculation and other 'rumors' and false info (lol...VBS1 lite AND Austrailians In Vietnam as seperate games thumbs-up.gif good found).

Just hold your horses AND wait with the speculation and false interpretations. IF BIA comes to an official agrement they will let it know...meanwhile, get band.gif.

Again sorry throughwords the mod, but some people just don't get it and i would like to keep stuff sorted out and 'open' whistle.gif

banghead.gif

(*hears Placebo entering the room with slamming doors, counting the availible slots, bans..etc).

crazy_o.gif When will some learn to stay on topic and use other availible channels. I don't mean this forum, as you should know this is the BIS forum and it doesn't allow talking of VBS anyway...

And plz don't you all run over to the official BIA forum and spam the place there with useless speculation and other 'rumors' and false info (lol...VBS1 lite AND Austrailians In Vietnam as seperate games thumbs-up.gif good found).

Just hold your horses AND wait with the speculation and false interpretations. IF BIA comes to an official agrement they will let it know...meanwhile, get band.gif.

Again sorry throughwords the mod, but some people just don't get it and i would like to keep stuff sorted out and 'open' whistle.gif

lmao ,your having a laugh right ?

1.it was a vbs player who came here and posted the ausinvietnam site

2. if it wasnt for people from here going to vbs forum ,there would have been no post there since june

pls stop being elitist, the guy had a point in which ,if vbslite can be

delivered online why cant arma ?.

I really, really, really, like the new grass effects. Please don't change them. They look So real.

And the sky wow_o.gif

I really, really, really, like the new grass effects. Please don't change them. They look So real.

And the sky wow_o.gif

don't worry if they change its for better wink_o.gif

Did you guys watch the trailer to the Assie in Vietnam.....looks like a OFP mod and thats it! Dont get your hope up for anything new guys.

It's supposed to be keeping us down until ArmA comes out, which is just a few months, so I can forgive that.

It's supposed to be keeping us down until ArmA comes out, which is just a few months, so I can forgive that.

really? hmmm well i do need to give my F5 key a rest. tounge2.gif

really? hmmm well i do need to give my F5 key a rest. tounge2.gif

Yup.

"I have been testing this VBS1 Lite for a week now, and it is a very nice stand alone game, a nice hold over till Armed Assault is officially released."

Plus it's only 20 bucks. Soo...they propably made it to keep us playing with while waiting for ArmA, while waiting for Game2. smile_o.gif

It's supposed to be keeping us down until ArmA comes out, which is  just a few months, so I can forgive that.

really? hmmm well i do need to give my F5 key a rest.  tounge2.gif

Yup.

"I have been testing this VBS1 Lite for a week now, and it is a very nice stand alone game, a nice hold over till Armed Assault is officially released."

Plus it's only 20 bucks. Soo...they propably made it to keep us playing with while waiting for ArmA, while waiting for Game2.  smile_o.gif

So... AA was supposed to hold us over until Next Gen comes out... Now VBS1 Lite is supposed to hold us over until AA comes out ?? Nice try but no yay.gif

Remember when OFP2 was supposed to be a vietnam game, but then they scratched that idea?

Maybe the content in Australians in Vietnam is what they started on the vietnam OFP2 before they broke with codies.

Meh just an idea.

I bet BIS is planning another delay and these little trinkets are supposed to hold us over.

A proffesional dev needs to know when to bite the bullet and release. Even if the release is bugged maybe but that game needs to be played. The game is already hyped up to a lot more then it is so disappointment is inevitable to a lot of overenthusiastic players.

You know, I was wondering if that gamer rehab clinic in Amsterdam was really necessary... You guys are doing a great job of prooving that it is crazy_o.gif

You know, I was wondering if that gamer rehab clinic in Amsterdam was really necessary... You guys are doing a great job of prooving that it is crazy_o.gif

lol, so right.

I can't wait to get the game in my hands myself too, but I'm not going crazy on this forums nor do I blame BIS for anything.

I have VBS1 so... BIS can take all the time it needs. biggrin_o.gif

A proffesional dev needs to know when to bite the bullet and release. Even if the release is bugged maybe but that game needs to be played. The game is already hyped up to a lot more then it is so disappointment is inevitable to a lot of overenthusiastic players.

LOL your telling us that you'd prefer it to be bug ridden?! rofl.gif

So... AA was supposed to hold us over until Next Gen comes out... Now VBS1 Lite is supposed to hold us over until AA comes out ?? Nice try but no yay.gif

Why did you end that with a frustrated sounding statement and then a happy banana?

I'm very excitied for VBS1 Lite myself.

Quote[/b] ]A proffesional dev needs to know when to bite the bullet and release. Even if the release is bugged maybe but that game needs to be played. The game is already hyped up to a lot more then it is so disappointment is inevitable to a lot of overenthusiastic players.
Quote[/b] ]LOL your telling us that you'd prefer it to be bug ridden?! rofl.gif

Releasing a buggy game would never be a good idea. It's never going to be perfectly bug free, but BIS still shouldn't just release an unfinished game.

Guess you didn't play Soldner then? rofl.gif

Guess you didn't play Soldner then? rofl.gif

Exactly biggrin_o.gif

what makes you think there will ever be a game 2 , certainly the big french company could have finished it by now, maybe they dont think it will sell. last time i was on OPF2 site that last update was like 3 years old

what makes you think there will ever be a game 2 , certainly the big french company could have finished it by now, maybe they dont think it will sell. last time i was on OPF2 site that last update was like 3 years old

Game 2 is a big game, seriously ive never heard anything like it before. And they only have 3 people working on it right now, jsut you wait till ArmA gets out...

hmmm...