Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful

pistols.gif  pistols.gif  pistols.gif  pistols.gif   

banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  

This is fantastic! scripting commands, configs and a whole lot more!

What were you expecting Praxtor?

This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful This is shameful

pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

They pounded it into your head, It's not Armed Assault related, It's not Armed Assault related, It's not Armed Assault related, It's not Armed Assault related Yet you still expected something great?! Christ, many forum members here already realized what it was. I knew about it for weeks, so did others. Be thankful! Not only do we get an amazing wiki to help our modding and the community, we get new screenshots as well.

Praxtor is anticipating ArmA a bit too much for his own good.

I certainly don't want arma released yet, they still have Nogova buildings in the screenshots. I really hope those are placeholders.

Praxtor is anticipating ArmA a bit too much for his own good.

I certainly don't want arma released yet, they still have Nogova buildings in the screenshots. I really hope those are placeholders.

Uhm what, I don't see any Nogova buildings in those screenshots.

I recall from a couple of months ago a thread asking Placebo himself for a community Q&A session. He responded, telling us to remind him once "we seem to have found our path (or something like that)". Anyone wanna give him a try? (perhaps after his vacation).

Anyway, sweet wiki. Box cover looks nice, awesome!

ukraineboy: http://www.imagedump.com/index.c....arned=y

Check the town of Vidlakov, south of Petrovice.

I dont see the problem with using those buildings as long as they fit the environment, which they do.

(and those buildings ARE updated to use normal maps etc, so they look just as good as the other buildings)

yeah so what if there is like a a few of the old buildings from ofp resistance in the towns and stuff? They beefed them up with mappings and stuff. And btw why throw away something nice that still works? tounge2.gif I think its fun that you get too see some objects that will make you think back to the days earlier in your childhood or earlier of your life. biggrin_o.gif

Till you see the group of T-72's comming down a road and once more you think. "Oh shit!"

Till you see the group of T-72's comming down a road and once more you think. "Oh shit!"

LOL, also a strangely comforting thought! biggrin_o.gif

Don't care if a few buildings are still the same. The AI is the most important thing, that is what made OFP great. Hope the functions they mentioned in interviews will work out nice smile_o.gif

I dont unerstand what you mean by A.I is most important, do you mean the AI , where they are complete mongloids but they can see and shoot a roach at 5 km

I dont unerstand what you mean by A.I is most important, do you mean the  AI  , where they are complete mongloids but they can see and shoot a roach  at 5 km

Well, it was supposed to have been pretty impressive when OFP first came out.

OFP AI is still quite impresive compared with newer games wink_o.gif

*Thinks BF2, CoD2, BHD, etc etc)*

The only thing that came close was Far Cry's AI, and FEARs AI seemed smart, but its hard to see in such small enviroments wink_o.gif

BF2 AI just run and shoot at ya,and if you get close enough they just take out the knife,makin em easy pickins,try that online and well..you'll get what you do to the AI.

Flashpoint AI is still great. Give them a few waypoints and they will fight, retreat, and all looks quite nice. All this can be done with 5 minutes messing around in the editor.

OFP AI is very versatile... Make your own Island, and they can still find their way moving around.

Some other games AI seems quite nice... But don't forget that most of it is scripted, and will give you the same expierence everytime.

Cheers smile_o.gif

Oh about the script, i could do basic things with the editor, but how did anyone know how to use that other complicated stuff for it, i remember combing through the manual but the instructions seemed to assume you already had a scripting degree from college

Oh another questions, one time a friend of mine and i tried to use the laser designator and a A-10 on a RTS game way back when OPF was still on gamespy but no matter what we did the A-10 wouldnt get any target reticul from the laser , anyone can shed some light on that?

Oh another questions,  one time a friend of mine and i tried to use the laser designator  and a A-10  on a RTS game way back when OPF was still on gamespy but no matter what we did  the A-10 wouldnt get any target reticul from the laser ,  anyone can shed some light on that?

I think the laser only works for the AI rather than for other players.

Also, lets get back on track with the 'Latest updates' thing...

Do we have any?

long ago we have played a coop with a human pilot navigating a warthog and a small recon squad on the ground, one soldier equipped with one single laser designator. the a10 was airborne and began to seek for targets but couldn't id (a terror-lock-on was impossible with the current armament) the hostile tank that was hidden among houses, wrecks, thus a lot of additional "white signals" were visible through the aircraft's radar also.

sooner or later the recon squad had spotted the tank and began to focus it with the activated laser designator what causes a new "white signal" to appear on the radarscreen.

once the pilot had locked on the new "signal", he dropped the bomb at high altitude in the near of the spotting squad.

well, the bomb didn't hit the target at the first strike, but the second one was a hit and destroyed the hostile tank.

although i dont know exactly whether it was scripted or not, you can try it by yourself and a friend of course. try to lock on the soldier that has activated the designator and tell him to point to a target. Then drop the bomb somewhere in the near of the target. The result will show if it works or not wink_o.gif

It is offtopic, but to get back on track, let me explain how the laser designator works.

When a soldier armed with the designater aims (and activates) somewhere, the pilot in the A-10 will see a red (hostile) target in his HUD. Simply choose your LGB as weapon and lock on. Fly high (important), and simply release the bomb when the targeting system is locked on (When the square over the target turns into a diamond).

The soldier on the ground have to keep focusing on the target until the bomb hits.

If done like that, your bomb will 99% make a hit.

Oh another questions, one time a friend of mine and i tried to use the laser designator and a A-10 on a RTS game way back when OPF was still on gamespy but no matter what we did the A-10 wouldnt get any target reticul from the laser , anyone can shed some light on that?

I think the laser only works for the AI rather than for other players.

Also, lets get back on track with the 'Latest updates' thing...

Do we have any?

Yeah its called FN100 which isn't old,yeesh,what do you want an update every single day or something? How bout a free foot massage?