Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

If BIS just came up with a working title for Game2, things would be alot easier. smile_o.gif

If BIS just came up with a working title for Game2, things would be alot easier. smile_o.gif

Why dont we call it ArmA2 from now on?

Reason being Codemasters own Operation:Flashpoint and are working on the official OFP2.

ArmA was originally a kind of OFP v 1.5 but now seems to have developed into a game of its own rights and there for should stand alone as ArmedAssault v 1.

Game2 is, technically, an unofficial sequel to OFP by the original developers and is an advancement on ArmA which, as i said, is a stand alone game.

Therefor Game2 could be refered to as ArmedAssault 2 cutting down confusion for Noobs...what do you think? huh.gif

For anyone REALLY hungry for speculations... I found this 1 second long clip of arma I havent seen before...

Is this how it is manning the commander mgun?

http://video.google.com/videopl....t&hl=en

Im sure it woun't be like that .. if you look with atention you will notice a bug in the hand and irons

BIS will make it better for sure..

does look like an average joe machine gunner (with spastic arm) to me. Had to be a really low profile tank otherwise.

Why dont we call it ArmA2 from now on?  

Reason being Codemasters own Operation:Flashpoint and are working on the official OFP2.

ArmA was originally a kind of OFP v 1.5 but now seems to have developed into a game of its own rights and there for should stand alone as ArmedAssault v 1.

Game2 is, technically, an unofficial sequel to OFP by the original developers and is an advancement on ArmA which, as i said, is a stand alone game.  

Therefor Game2 could be refered to as ArmedAssault 2 cutting down confusion for Noobs...what do you think? huh.gif

But then there would be lots of children/whiners screaming 'OMFG1!!!1111!!!! Why are you working on ArmA2 when the first one isn't even ready yet?' banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

wink_o.gif

Yup,its as if when you walk the soldiers fingers wrap tighter around the weapon,atleast that one,kind of misses the old OFP touch however,no movement in arm,yaknow,the forward and backward..but it was shown with the M4 so I figure its still there,hopefully. OFP wouldn't be OFP if the characters body never moved in first person,aka painted on appearing.

OFP wouldn't be OFP if the characters body never moved in first person,aka painted on appearing.

Yeah, i was concerned with that too.

While watching the other, longer, vids you see the left arm and gun are almost static. Hope this has been sorted.

One of the things I liked in VBS videos is that you can move freely inside of moving vehicles/choppers. Hopefully, Arma will have that too.

That really depends on how the model and its geometry are made. you see you can in a way 'cheat' it.

Say its a CH-47,when it comes to geometry,you model it with a hole for the inside,so its not a solid object. By doing so you will be able to walk inside of it,and collision detection is better so your not going to go through the outside of it....to be honest I wonder why nobody has tried that on OFP. I think its because of geometry limit or somethin. I could be wrong and probably am but by using that method I think it would be possible.

The physics aren't up to snuff in OFP in a vehicle. Lets see... Your X/Y position would want to remain, so you slide around as your Z changes, some vehicles don't lift off the ground and cause a crash, and (of course) you run the risk of falling through the model. any others?

Hope some of these are fixed in ArmA. smile_o.gif

in Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising it's possible.

you can drive with one or two HMMWV inside a CH-47 and also 10-20 players (if they fit alltogether) :-)

this ability would be great in ArmA

I want to see the shoehorn they used on THAT!

I wonder if the door hinges scraped the walls.

tounge2.gif

in Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising it's possible.

you can drive with one or two HMMWV inside a CH-47 and also 10-20 players (if they fit alltogether) :-)

this ability would be great in ArmA

Yeah, Ive played JO. Imagine the possibilities. Put jeeps, motorcycles inside, and transport them. Also, shoot from windows while in flight. I dream too much.

Whatyou're refering from in VBS is the "Convoy Trainer Module" and this hasn't been sold to the public (yet). But you're right, it would be sweet to be able to move and shoot from vehicles.

I be the Sniper or SAW gunner in the UH-60 then tounge2.gif

A HMMWV does fit inside a Chinook.

check this

Thats alot to swallow. rofl.gif

As for the vehicle,yes,in movement you run the risk of that. I remember me and a few friends trying it with the C-130's,I would either be ejected out..or...ejected out...But with fixed collision this runs a lesser factor and more possibilities.

Only thing is that it may not be possible to stand still in the moving vehicle,or atleast not easily or efficiently,guess we'll wait to see.

The question is : Is this normal to run around a back of a chopper when its in flight. Does the army get a football game going in the back?

offtopic:

in joint operations the vehicles are not exactly accurate hummer in chinook

after all it doesn't claim to be a realistic fps, so some arcadish features aid in facilitating gameplay

ontopic:

as far as shooting from vehicles goes.. its realistic and should be available to do so. so i have no doubt a game like ArmA will have vehicles to do this from.

redrµm.xw

offtopic:

in joint operations the vehicles are not exactly accurate  hummer in chinook

See the thing is thats not a hummer to begin with.

Anyways I hope with multple-gunner positions being possible in ArmA, that we can shoot out the windows of vehicals like hummers, and bmps. I don't expect it to come with the game but I think a modder could do it.

You could do it with BAS's MH47E (Get it)

You can't move in flight, but it does allow you to provide sniper fire from on height in hover.

It also allows you to store jeeps and bikes in the back.

offtopic:

in joint operations the vehicles are not exactly accurate hummer in chinook

after all it doesn't claim to be a realistic fps, so some arcadish features aid in facilitating gameplay

ontopic:

as far as shooting from vehicles goes.. its realistic and should be available to do so. so i have no doubt a game like ArmA will have vehicles to do this from.

redrµm.xw

Look at the size of that gun compared to the er... Is that beagle?.. Uhm... No, what is it?