Sign in to follow this  
UsMarine408

The New USMC MOD

Yeah how come you guys wont let me team up?Jk things are looking great for the USMC Mod.Hell Im completly speakless.at the progress.So heres a pat on the back for you guys and a slap on the ass for me. biggrin_o.gif Great work guys

You guys still making that UH-1N Huey?

What's up with that chopper? Still being worked on?

And which versions ? I would love to see one with an M60 or an M240G and a MedEvac version.

About the UH1N/Y:

It´s NZXSHADOW´s and not ours. But we will make and work on a lot of avation stuff of the USMC, but there will be more  (ground and naval)  biggrin_o.gif

NZXshadows is on the Combat! mod so you'll have to ask in their threat

fishkopp;

are you not overloading yourself? I mean you work on like 5 addons at the same time. Not that I think you shouldn't ( wink_o.gif ) but it sounds like a lot of work.

Looking forward to that mh/ch 53! And look forward to all the other stuff too! *caugh*AAV7*caugh*

EDIT: will your ch 53 have fast rope capabilitys? (look at my avatar)

Ello.

I know I'm new here but I like to sign my self up as a Animator for your mod.

If that's posible please send me a P.M

Thank you

:=)

The MH53J PAVE LOW III

mh53camoK.jpg

High-Res

mh53greyK.jpg

High-Res

@ Cpt Frostbite ... sure i done a lot of stuff the last time but i said i have to reduce it and i will do it. We have some several  Modellers but I don´t know who is doing what at mom and i hope with USMarine 408 it will lighten up.

The Only thing I do at mom is the CH-53 and working sometimes on HMMWV´s... LAV is finished

and about the CH-53 ... only one chopper left the NAVY version of the MH-53E

and we NEED A GOOD SCRIPTER FOR OUR MOD IF YOU WANT TO SEE GIMMICKS ON CH-53 (LIKE FAST ROPE, TRANSPORT SEVERAL VEHICLES) AND OTHER ADDONS

oh man, that looks boner-inducingly good

Cant you ask BAS for some of their scripts?

@kerosene ...  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  ... yeah we can and that´s not the prob ... we have nobady who has the knowledge of advanced scripting to make use of them ...

I have added fastroping, HALO, LALO, etc to the old CH-53 by Scorpio, using BAS-scripts, could do the same to this bird if you like and got the nescessary permissions.

If you ask Ofrp for their winch-script that could be added to, but then u would have to make or get permission to use the nescesarry models too, like rope and harness.

Looking very good anyway biggrin_o.gif

Hi, im a Marines fan too but unfortunatelly my skills are not at the level of NZXShadows or FischKopp; i just done a sight for the M1911A1 model that King Homer borrow to me. Im working rightnow in the textures (3 camo versions) of a pack of M4A1's based on the Inquisitor M4 Construction Pack and with an ACOG sight model done by Drill Sargeant, i've too a G36's K pack that only needs of a modeler that end the remainig LODs.

The only thing that i can do for the new USMC Mod, it's to let you take anything that i do or mod for free; i could obtain or do textures for objects and surfaces like buildings or ground textures if the USMC Mod need 'em.

P.D: Those LAVs, AH1's, CH53, CH46 & mostly all what i've seen by the ppl of this mod.. RULE. I hope to see 'em soon; & if it's possible... in a USMC Mod version (crew, pilots, etc, etc...) & in a Earl & Suchey Marines Pack 1.0 version ; that will make that the good things reach more ppl = do more ppl happy. Let's cu.

wipman ... what you mean with Earl  & Suchey ... i hope you do  not think that we make two vesions. one with our own stuff and one with with Earls ... lol ... My question to you: WHY THE HELL YOU ASKED THIS NOW THREE TIMES ... the answer will be still NO NO NO NO NO and again NO ... sorry  crazy_o.gif   tounge_o.gif

this MOD will be a full conversion like FDF ... and if you want to use Earl & suchey ... have fun with editing the config only for private use ...

wait till we have released some screens of our units ... then you can decide to stay with Earl  & Suchey.

... and stop asking the Earl & Suchey questions related to this MOD

thx

... and NZXSHADOW is no member of this mod all stuff he has done is now a part of COMBAT! ...

and we NEED A GOOD SCRIPTER FOR OUR MOD IF YOU WANT TO SEE GIMMICKS ON CH-53 (LIKE FAST ROPE, TRANSPORT SEVERAL VEHICLES) AND OTHER ADDONS

Id ask pappy boyington to help you implement them, he did it for the USCG mod smile_o.gif

this MOD will be a full conversion like FDF ...

So... we will have to wait untill the entire mod is done to have these helos and units available?

Ahhahhw, it hurts, it hurts crazy_o.gif .

Hmm, a full conversion would need to be 2 sided, like with a equaly balanced enemy army/opfor whatever, two distinct forces, vehicals, units and weapons for both sides not mentioning the island with its objects and stuff? Sounds like alot of stuff eh? Have the Mod chosen who will the enemy force for the usmc be? A full modification will require incredible amount of work..and time.

Anyway the helos look fantastic, outstanding work FK smile_o.gif .

@Heatseeker

Yeah, it's going to require a lot of work on the part of namely Fischkopp, Marine408, and others doing the modeling and textures. As Fischkopp stated this will in fact be a full conversion with new OPFOR units and weapons and so forth. That's why it is CRUCIAL anyone with animation, modeling, and texturing skills to contact Fischkopp, or myself as Marine408's Internet connection is currently having problems. I'm in contact with Marine408 so I can relay information to him. I can't speak for certainty as I'm not doing either the modeling or texturing for the OPFOR units, but most likely the hostile opposition will be that of fictious origins, so as to be universal in the theater of combat. But I'd have to check with Fischkopp and Marine408 to be certain. In any case anyone with the previously mentioned talents should contact Fischkopp or any other members of the USMC Mod to make things go faster. Thanks

Quite important;

Will you also do a 'rip'-version of your mod (like CSLA did). Since most people use FDF-mod I think other mods must be compatible with it so they will be used. Just for the firing effects and other effects (and the beautifull blue HUD) I allways use FDF-mod even if I don't directly use their units.

It would be completely useless to try to copy all these effects that are already included in FDF-mod.

I will download and play this mod for sure (when it's done), but it would be a serious problem if I can't use it together with FDF. I'm not sure if all people feel like this, but I think most will like to see a compatible version.

Just a side-note; in a recent poll on ofp.info it was clear that the FDF-mod is used by a lot of people in the community.

edit; nice choppers btw tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Is there some sort of list? about the units the usmc crew expects to develop and include in the Mod rock.gif .

I kinda feel that in a way you guys will recreate already great quality existing addons like some of the weapons and stuff.

Will there be desert and woodland variants for all the units?

Counterparts to the USMC vehicals for the opfor side to balance things up?

Im curious has to how far is the mod willing to go, missions, campaign, etc.

I admit that in a way im a bit sad that the nice units FK has been teasing us with wont arrive any time soon, most of the time when ppl start thinking big things go awfully wrong, best of luck to all you usmc mod people though smile_o.gif .

Hi, roger roger & roger; if i can do something for this mod, i'll be glad to try it; that was mainly what i was saying. Let me tell you one thing, as u don't use to pass by the #OFPEC IRC channel... (this is only a personal opinion) i don't like the full conversions because they use to focus on one side abandoning the OPFOR side, i have lots of amazing addons like the BTR-T's 1.1 by PSC or the MT-LB's 2.2 by OFP-LAVOS; i can't imagine my installation of the OFP® without 'em. I respect a lot Earl & Suchey too, and they'r job impressed me very much; i like the quality, but there some things that i can't take out of the Addons DIR. That's why i asked you that. Anyway... that was just a personal opinion that no one cares; you can't count on me for some textures, just that. Let's cu.

"...this MOD will be a full conversion like FDF..."

WHAT?!  rock.gif

This is silly. Look, you certainly can do whatever you want, but there are plenty of folks who are totally against full conversions. And I'm one of them.

So a RIP version would be appretiated - guys from CSLA-2 were very smart to make it. Who needs total conversions anyway? I like OFP the way it is.

We need new units - not new rules!

New OPFOR, right?

Why would ANYONE want to make another set of Russain or Soviet troops after Laser and ORCS have released thier packs?

Spetsnas Mod are making BMPs and BRDMs and somehow I don't think it would be a good idea to do the same thing.

"Our Weapons" will make new choppers and AA stuff...

Well, OPFOR will soon have plenty of new cool things and now you are saying you want to make your own stuff for the opposition... I don't get it, it just dose not seem reasonable to me...

Hello FischKopp,

just want to say your Pave Low looks really nice! Can't await to see and fly it ingame.

Are you planing to do a desert camo version also? If so I've some nice pics...

ch-53_usmc_desert_01.jpg

ch-53_usmc_desert_02.jpg

Greetz

Plage

Are you planing to do a desert camo version also? If so I've some nice pics...

Isn't this one still flying arround in OFP-Land? Think i saw some screens a while ago ... but not 100% sure.

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

@ T.S.C. PLage: I had considered to make these desert version but I canceled it.

@all

about a unit list: We have already a kind of units we planned

for the mod, maybe i´m able to present these list here or on our website, when it is back online.

about campaign: Expect more than one campaign ... they will connected with the story ...

about already released addons: belive me i don´t want to reinvente the wheele. We will try to use already released addons for our mod with some editing on these

about OPFOR: As soon USMarine 408 is back i will ask what he thinks about OPFOR ... do´n´t forget we are in early stage of development ...

but don´t expect any russian OPFOR ... that´s for sure ... our campaign will take place in present/future not in the past

about Full conversion: Yes i think ... or i would vote for a RIP version ...

My personal opinion: Why i prefer a full conversion. Here you have a campagin and mission to use the addons. Today i get the kind of feeling that theire a lot of good addons out there but you found no good missions for the addons (only a few).

Those '53's look awesome. I hope the wait for 'em won't be too long.

biggrin_o.gif

If you could make the mod compatible with either Y2K3 or FDF, I think most people would be happy.

is this also the progress thread???

wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  Just spotted this in the photothread. Extremely nice camo on those birds. (although I can't see any women  wink_o.gif ). I also see a command-version of the LAV with a deployable tent??

FK;

you mean these were cancelled? sad_o.gif That's too bad. These looked really cool.

Quote[/b] ]My personal opinion: Why i prefer a full conversion. Here you have a campagin and mission to use the addons. Today i get the kind of feeling that theire a lot of good addons out there but you found no good missions for the addons (only a few).
Got on agree with you on that point. It's sad there are very few mission or campaigns. We at the LLW-mod (dutch mod) prefer to make a campaign, but not to make it a total conversion mod. But we are also just in the early stage of are building a proper mod