Sign in to follow this  
UsMarine408

The New USMC MOD

Since the departure of NZXShadows from the USMC mod it has pretty much left me and fischkopp and the drivers seat of this mod.

Now since we are both Marines fanatics we have btoh decided to keep it alive but for that to happen we need help.

To quote the Saying of the Marines recruiting posters "We're looking for a Few Good Men"

So please if anyone would like to join us contact me of Fischkoop asap and tell us your skills and how you would like to improve this mod.

Hi all, I'm currently a beta tester and storyline writer for the USMC Mod.  Thanks to USMarine408 and FischKopp for carrying the torch.

I don't have the time, but good luck guys biggrin_o.gif.

Also, I suggest you leave a way for people to contact Fischkopp if they want to join (example, an e-mail address) wink_o.gif.

Hi! i´m finally back after some time "out" of OFP world/community due to university projects.

I´m happy to see the impressive progress of my mate FK with his addons; just impressive wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

And over all i´m happy to heard about the rise of the USMC Mod.

Well i would like to join your team as military advisor, modeller (i´m a 3d studio modeller not o2 sorry) texture maker or whatever you want.

Greetings

Semper Fidelis

Add me in there somewhere. I can help as an advisor as I did before. I can also make missions.

Ok well anyones else and also if anyones wants put some suggestions of USMC things you wanna see in ofp

sorry i had things to take care of it took me a while to respond ok your on i guess im thinking of new over the top ideas for this mod and try to transform it into something like fdf full conversion

Wish i could,but new at addonmaking,dunno how to model..........Maybe just be a Beta Tester.BTW how to be a Beta Tester?

BTW:I gotta go to school frm 6:00am-1:OOpm.

Hope ya find some people. One day I might find my chenowith Model I made.

@wongkeanwah- Do like Malysia Airlines rock.gif

@wongkeanwah- Do like Malysia Airlines rock.gif

OFFTOPIC question. blues.gif Well yes.I'm intrested in Airplanes.Suprise suprise.

EDIT:Why do you ask? rock.gif

EDIT AGAIN:At least the Avatar is not breaking teh Forum rules,right?

Still OT: I used to fly on MAS to see my dad when he worked in Malaysia on the new Airport at Sepang. Went to Malaysia 3 times. I still remenber the construction site smile_o.gif

So i dont go OT.

USmarine and Fischkoop. Maybe I might start learning O2 propley and help u guys.

@Batdog Sounds like a good idea to me

@wongkeanwah You beta test being looking at things that might be wrong and such with material that we give you just make sure that they work right is all its not hard dont worry.

And I am pleased to say that now we have a website for everyone i will post the link up later on

And would like to hold alittle vote right now choose one of the two directions you want this mod to go in.

The choices are:

1.This Mod will go Full conversion with all new addons,many single player missions, multiplayer missions , and not one but two campaigns.

or

2.Would you all rather just have use release addons and then have test missions to go with them

keep in mind 2 is alot quicker but 1. Im sure is worth the time

put your selections before your post and the press enter or return so that i can see them.

I opt for number one. Simple reason one download and simple installation have what i would effectively call a whole new game biggrin_o.gif which will help this next year pass quicker while waiting for ofp2. I think the full kind of product would be better. Want to see a USMC full conversion.

And I am pleased to say that now we have a website for everyone i will post the link up later on

I was looking for this thread to ask if you had one so hurry up with that damn link wink_o.gif

I think number 2's the best option, smaller downloads, the community gets its greasy mits on things quicker and you wont get millions of people asking for you to release 'insert addon here' as a seperate addon every 2 minutes

This will allow the Marine's to have their own 'feel', and yet allow great flexibility for conversion mods to implement the pack and spread them everywhere! (i.e. Kurayami's, Pappy's)

BTW, If you send me a list of items / vehicles you need, I'll be glad to send you back the 3DS files.. biggrin_o.gif

Scrub

This will allow the Marine's to have their own 'feel', and yet allow great flexibility for conversion mods to implement the pack and spread them everywhere! (i.e. Kurayami's, Pappy's)

BTW,  If you send me a list of items / vehicles you need, I'll be glad to send you back the 3DS files..  biggrin_o.gif

Scrub

whoops nvm he replyed

I have discussed this with the Team and some other outside sources and we have come to the conclussion that the mod with be full conversion.

This is so that everyone will get a better feel for the characters we dont wanna be like the greats were they just throw out addons and say do what ever you like with them we want you to play with them more than once.

Site is almost ready just have to finish some minor things.

By Full Conversion do you mean it'll have its own modified config that alters certain aspects of OFP, hence isn't compatable with other modifications like FDF or CSLA?

Or do you just mean you're going to release it as one big pack with a campaign where everything is bound together by a centralised config file that'll work with other mods including Full Conversions (FDF etc) like the I44 demo and BOH?