Sign in to follow this  
UsMarine408

The New USMC MOD

Again in  the photothread.

Were CH-53's ever painted in this scheme? I thought this was only done on Cobra's and some huey's (UH-1N). And now every bird is painted plain gunship-grey. It looks very nice, though.

What are the versions of these choppers??

I noticed the different shape of the rear part (tail-boom) between both choppers).

^

Quote[/b] ]I thought this was only done on Cobra's and some huey's (UH-1N)

Like I said; they were indeed painted like that, but I've never actually seen a CH-53 painted like that. AFAIK they were OD-green during NAM and after that they switched to gunship-grey.

This particual scheme was still used on Cobra's during the Gulf War (the first).

^
Quote[/b] ]I thought this was only done on Cobra's and some huey's (UH-1N)

Like I said; they were indeed painted like that, but I've never actually seen a CH-53 painted like that. AFAIK they were OD-green during NAM and after that they switched to gunship-grey.

This particual scheme was still used on Cobra's during the Gulf War (the first).

ive seen em before, i'll be lookin for some pictures if i can find any.

CH53.jpg

afaik these camo were used around the 90´s ...

@Cpt. Frostbite ... if you had read the text at the top of my pic you had read that the first is a CH53E Super Staillion (3 Engines) and the other one in background is a CH53D Sea Staillion (2 Engines). D is still in use although she is the older version.

afaik these camo were used around the 90´s ...

@Cpt. Frostbite ... if you had read the text at the top of my pic you had read that the first is a CH53E Super Staillion (3 Engines) and the other one in background is a CH53D Sea Staillion (2 Engines). D is still in use although she is the older version.

hey, I was distracted by the picture. You think that's strange? biggrin_o.gif

The camo was indeed in use at that time. But I had never seen a CH-53 in that scheme. Looks pretty cool.

Hmm, the colors and camo paint look very diferent betwean the ingame pic and the real thing dont they rock.gif I mean the grey, green and black cammo one smile_o.gif .

about ... the color ... these were taken from a color and camo sheme website ... and these are the colors ... I know that they look diffrent ... but ... I don´t know ...

The colors;

The light conditions of the picture may cause this. But also note that the tear and wear (especially for machines operating over sea) is extreme and can cause heavy weathering and discoloration (spelling?).

Well...i actually meant the drawing ( crazy_o.gif ) or shape of the cammo pattern ( crazy_o.gif ), thats what looks the most diferent, i hope you understand what i meant now smile_o.gif .

Im sry, im having a terrible english spelling day crazy_o.gif ..

It's a nice type of camo pattern but if you have two or more of the same helos in a mission it would look odd(especially this camo) as the camo pattern will be the same on all the helos and afaik no two camo patterns are the same....unless you make about four differant ones and have a random script on them..

funny idea ... I thought abotu something gor soldiers one with an old worn dress the other with brand new ... one ... about diffrent pattern ... the pattern has a standard ... that means normally all planes/vehicles from the type have the same pattern ...

Maybe it would be easier for us to discuss this if some more screenies would come out, like diferent perspectives and stuff tounge_o.gif .

I... saw the one...in the cp..thread...and came running here..and...

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>OMG!!!</span></span>

"Heatseeker goes for a cold shower..."

wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Now that's very impressive.

I was thinking the other day about how nice a Sea King (a good one, I know there are already a few) would be and was wondering if folding rotor blades for carrier deck stowage would be possible, seems it is. biggrin_o.gif Unless that's some sort of static model?

Anyhow the Stallions look really fantastic, how are the LAVs doing?

Very impressive.

Fischkopp, you certainly have developed your skills as an addon maker, this work is fantastic.

I never had any doubts biggrin_o.gif , his determination to build this left no doubts that we were in for some nice treat, i wish there were more FK's so he wouldnt have to handle such a large load of work smile_o.gif .