Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

I can`t enable it in the Configurator. All DXDLL things in the configurator i have tested, but it doesn`t work.

Any reason I can't get Resistance to boot with the dll in the game directory? If I remove it, it loads fine, but other wise I get a small black box in the corner of the screen which then disapears.

Running a Radeon 9800Pro

Any reason I can't get Resistance to boot with the dll in the game directory? If I remove it, it loads fine, but other wise I get a small black box in the corner of the screen which then disapears.

Running a Radeon 9800Pro

last time i saw the same symptom on a friend's pc, diminishing AGP aperture size in bios one notch fixed the problem.

Try changing your AGP aperture size (diminishing or increasing it depending on what you already set it to) and see if it changes something.

wow, i just got to try your DXDLL and i think its fantastic. i used to have a GeForce4 MX so i wasn't able to use it but i just today upgraded to a GeForce FX 5500 and it rules biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif nice job kegs wink_o.gif

@ Feb. 05 2005,22:24)]

Running a Radeon 9800Pro

last time i saw the same symptom on a friend's pc, diminishing AGP aperture size in bios one notch fixed the problem.

Try changing your AGP aperture size (diminishing or increasing it depending on what you already set it to)  and see if it changes something.

Hmm, no joy. Any other ideas?

- Edit. I closed down Ati Tool which I use for clocking my card. Loaded up straight off after that.

I'd like to ask something too, i have tested Dxdll yesterday, and every option does function with me, except that when i activate water reflection my framerate drops from around 30 to about 1 or 2 fps. I have an AMD 2000+, 512 MB Ram and a geforce Ti4800SE.

Is this normal for the card since postprocessing works ?

or is my system a bit lowend for this application ?

Btw. I use a standard resistance 1.96 installation with no modifications or addons other than Dxdll.

Thanks

StG

I'd like to ask something too, i have tested Dxdll yesterday, and every option does function with me, except that when i activate water reflection my framerate drops from around 30 to about 1 or 2 fps. I have an AMD 2000+, 512 MB Ram and a geforce Ti4800SE.

Btw. I use a standard resistance 1.96 installation with no modifications or addons other than Dxdll.

Thanks

StG

It's the latest nvidia dirvers that cause the big drop on FPS'. I suggest you to use detonator 56.72 or older. I'm sure that you'll get above 20 fps with 56.72.

if anyone is interested, I've made a new bumpmap for the water reflections that gives it a more rippled effect like the water has bigger waves. Just download the file and put it in your OperationFlashpoint\dxdll\textures\ directory.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/master_chief/waterbump.png

I think it looks a lot better because it makes the water seem less like a mirror and more like water.

Thanks

StG

It's the latest nvidia dirvers that cause the big drop on FPS'. I suggest you to use detonator 56.72 or older. I'm sure that you'll get above 20 fps with 56.72.

So that's propably why I get about 20 fps without DxDll and 10 while using it... And I lowered my settings yesterday...

Now I think my settings are pretty nice, a bit too sharp but I get a nice "war grey" effect, a bit like Saving Private Ryan... Though when it's dark, it really is dark...

with a new bump map u can imprive soem fps with dxdll

cuz with the default one need to adjust the bumpiness

which hits fps

simpyl emboss or lighten the image

cheers

Hi, I searched this topic for a while but can't find an answer to my problem.

I made a model, but it doesn't reflect in the water. I can only see the reflection of the driver. A temporary solution is to Alt+Tab out and in again, but after a mission restart you have to do it again.

A similar problem occured with the Nimitz (somewhere around page 18 in this topic), but my model is rather small, the size should not be a problem.

Has anyone got an idea how to solve this problem? Maybe a bad LOD or something?

Thanks in advance smile_o.gif

Scruffy

So have some sort of optimal settings been discovered for this yet? In terms of the hard light and desaturation effects, and the glare effects etc.

=== Great News ! ===

Today i installed the new ForceWare from Nvidia for my G4Ti4200

(66.93).

== Edit! ==

Ok i found out that it will work better with Postprocessing but it isn't lagfree! sad_o.gif

I've had that only tested on ag_smith's Afgan Isle ( of course over the see tounge_o.gif) before i wrote this Reply but now i tested it on Nogova and i wasn't lagfree..

sorry for give you wrong hopes sad_o.gif

and sorry for my "bit" poor English biggrin_o.gif

I made a model, but it doesn't reflect in the water. I can only see the reflection of the driver. A temporary solution is to Alt+Tab out and in again, but after a mission restart you have to do it again.

A similar problem occured with the Nimitz (somewhere around page 18 in this topic), but my model is rather small, the size should not  be a problem.

Scruffy

Did you view the object from a distance or close up? I think I remember reading something about objects reflecting based on futher ones first then close ones. I turned down the detail levels for the reflected objects and have found that it actually looks better (more like reflections) and causes less lag.

My friend is having some trouble. If he uses DXDLL then the menu of OFP looks like this:

ofp.jpg

Do you know what might be wrong? He has a Radeon 9200 with 128 MB of RAM.

Quote[/b] ]My friend is having some trouble. If he uses DXDLL then the menu of OFP looks like this:

@Nilz

I had that same problem earlier... what i did, i simply just decreased the Postprocessing GLARE effect strength and size to almost minimum. To find out suitable effect levels... sometimes it's a bit of tweaking work .

Now all dxdll effects works perfectly.

A similar problem occured with the Nimitz (somewhere around page 18 in this topic), but my model is rather small, the size should not be a problem.

Scruffy

Did you view the object from a distance or close up? I think I remember reading something about objects reflecting based on futher ones first then close ones. I turned down the detail levels for the reflected objects and have found that it actually looks better (more like reflections) and causes less lag.

Yes, I watched it from every angle and distances from 1 to 50m, only the soldier himself is reflecting. I mostly test on desert island, so there aren't other objects further away and I increased the object count thats reflected in the preferences. After an "Alt+Tab" out and in the reflections show up without problems until the mission is ended.

But thanks anyways for the answer, guess I'll redo the model and do some research about this, but.... *cough* lazy *cough* tounge_o.gif

I hate to bring this thread back... but I've got a question... I have seen a few screenshots, with reflective water, with a nice light-blue color.

Example Here

Does anyone have a link for that water... it seems as if some custom water mods will not work with DXDLL, so I was wondering which water was used.