Sign in to follow this  
ni-mh

Fischkopp's hmmwv pack

FischKopp PM me... i PM'ed you ... its kinda important. blues.gif

Fischkopp can we see some screen shots of ur work so far biggrin_o.gif

Yeah. Much better. A great work biggrin_o.gif

Now i know why you will not make the M-1114... Because you´re making USMC humvees and marines haven´t these variant.

Oh! one thing Fischkopp; As Cpt. FrostBite said, the air-intake on the side of the hood seems too thin. Just look at this picture:

air.jpg

Im sry if this has been answered but will you use custom sounds? For the engine and the .50 cal rock.gif The sound of BIS M2 is like most other original sounds...poor crazy_o.gif .

They look good, keep up the great job smile_o.gif .

Hi FischKopp

Please contatc me on ICQ asap smile_o.gif .

Will be on at the usual time.

unclesam.gif  I NEED YOU  unclesam.gif

At momnet I´am working on the tripod version of the M.19 and m2. Here I need some config help by you. Also neede someone to help by adding a Deploy/undeploy script (like WGL) for the M1025.

and please look here NEED YOUR HELP

@fishkopp;

http://www4.army.mil/armyimages

Try that one. The picture I mean should be on page 4; it's a picture which looks a bit red-brown and shows a HMMWV from the back. You can enlarge it and copy the high-res version.

The original link should work though. Have you tried to copy-paste the link?? This usually does the trick

You can also see the correct angle at which the shield is placed. Yours is placed too vertically. It should be angled to the back a bit more. The picture shows this perfectly

btw; I have two or three other high-res pictures of the gunshields. They show the shield in great detail and show you how it's attached to the vehicle.

I won't be home untill friday, But I'll mail em to you on friday.

Perhaps you canuse them.

Your HMMWV's look VERY good.

One little detail; see if you can get some dirt-footprints on the roof. I've seen pictures from Kosovo where the HMMWV's had a lot of foorprints on the roof. Would eb nice detail, but try to make it look realistic (also take a look at SPC's BTR-T which has footprints on the top)

unclesam.gif  I NEED YOU  unclesam.gif

At momnet I´am working on the tripod version of the M.19 and m2. Here I need some config help by you. Also neede someone to help by adding a Deploy/undeploy script (like WGL) for the M1025.

and please look here NEED YOUR HELP

the deploy and pick up script i can lend ya from the cutter.

but the problem with the scripts. . is its not like u can say "put it facing north" or something. . .its based on where the vehical is. . so if u park the truck. . and deploy the M2 it will apper next to the truck facing generaly the same direction as the hummer off by a few degrees. so if u have a large FOV (or turret radius) then its no big deal smile_o.gif

Example

those boats were deployed and untouched thats the direction they face when deployed. . if thats cool with you. . .

then add me to your messenger contact list and i can adapt the script for you

Army neither Marines images links seems to work not very well since a long time ago...

This should be what Frostbite was talking about.

The only time I've see a vehicle with optics that you're trying to get is the FDF Pasi.

And by deploy/undeploy you mean you want a script to have the weapon spawn next to the HMMWV? Is it going to be like WGL's TOW launcher hmmwv, have the weapon on top disappear when you deploy it, or what?

And with that script, if you say "_gun setdir getdir _hmmwv" it should work fine.

The only time I've see a vehicle with optics that you're trying to get is the FDF Pasi.

And by deploy/undeploy you mean you want a script to have the weapon spawn next to the HMMWV? Is it going to be like WGL's TOW launcher hmmwv, have the weapon on top disappear when you deploy it, or what?

And with that script, if you say "_gun setdir getdir _hmmwv" it should work fine.

setdir getdir is a joke really. thats how our raft deploy scripts are. . . they prefer to face exact directoins (N-S-E-W) there is no "in between"

if he wants to use my script im sure we can discuss how to make the weapon on top disapper. . . the only problem would be ammo. if you take it off the hummer and it has 485 rounds. . when you deploy it, it will have 500. when you reattach it, it will rearm with 500

I can´t view that page. In fact i can´t view any US military web site. crazy_o.gif

FischKopp is your hmmwv model a new one or is it a hacked up BIS model rock.gif

thanks smile_o.gif

Another thing about sound, I've heard from some guys that have heard the M2 in RL, and say that Sigma's is pretty good, and I was watching a show on Fox News and they had recorded a shot of a HMMWV's M2 firing and it sounded very similar to Sigma's as well. I played the DF:BHD demo a good while ago so I can't remember the sound the M2s made.

If you need RL sounds of the M2 firing, I can get them. I have my old video still of M2 livefire from my AIT video. It's about maybe 15 minutes of that section, including sounds of cocking the weapon (Cowboy! Cowboy!), and of using feedtray cover (which has a distinct "clicking" sound).

If you think you can use these, let me know and I'll set up my recording system to get it finished.

Edit: Also forgot to mention the video is on VHS, but the audio quality isn't bad at all. I can edit on PC before sending, but I think the end-user should do that, so I'll send the raw file as it is heard from the video. Let me know if you want this, and I'll get it done shortly.

@Pappy:

I want to use the script from WGL (shifting the Weapon) but i am confused cos there is something mentioned about a Proxy (WGL_EATProxy) rock.gif.

@Ninja:

I ´ve a vid of a firing m2 mounted on a IFAV. But i have no idea to edit this. In comparison to the BHD the org sounds more like sheet metal and the BHD more like metal.

Hi Fischkopp maybe I can help you with the script to unload weapons out of the car. I will try something out.

@Pappy:

I want to use the script from WGL (shifting the Weapon) but i am confused cos there is something mentioned about a Proxy (WGL_EATProxy) rock.gif.

The WGL proxy is for the soldiers. Whenever the unload a heavy weapon this proxy gets activated. It makes the soldeirs eat after the gun is deployed. This way they have extra energy and can keep on going for the rest of the game tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

I noticed the new die-animation on the picture; awesome! Although an animation where the subject is lying on the floor is more realistic, this looks much better. Outstanding job!

the prob about a lying animation is, if the turret heads to east if the vehicle drive to north and the gunner is dead. the driver can drive, cos the gunner lying in front of him.