Sign in to follow this  
ni-mh

Fischkopp's hmmwv pack

id like to reinderate my suggestion to sperate the versions into different pbos

hmvunaw.pbo = unarmed woodland versions

hmvarmw.pbo = the M2, avanger, and otehr armed versions (woodland)

hmvunad.pbo = unarmed desert versoin

hmvarmd.pbo = desert armed versions

this makes it easier for mod and MP useage. not every server runs desert maps so many they dont need the desert humvees. so why have a 65 meg humvee pack when some people just want new unarmed hummers, or new armed hummers, mabe some want them all mabe some want only one. . . make it easier on them smile_o.gif

I´m still looking for my recorded sounds from parades but i can´t find them!  mad_o.gif

Anyway in this file (7,9 MB)  you can find some interesting engine sounds (start, stop, idle...) taken from a Hummer H1 Turbodiesel (it sounds more or less equal to humvee)

P.D: If you listen closely, you can even hear the Hummer's electric clock ticking

Funny thing about AMG vehicles, the aquisition cost for a basic HMMWV is $50,000 or around there. For the same price, we could have all of our soldiers running around in Hummer H2's. What gives?!

My dad was looking at a used Hummer H1 (for around $27k), a gasoline version, in hopes it would still pull his boat like a diesel one. A friend of ours told us that a gas Hummer 'could not even pull a hankercheif out of his back pocket'. Also saw a guy who took his $130,000 Hummer H1 in the redwood forests of Northern California and he got stranded there. Broke a differential and a drive shaft, along with a complete tire assembly (cannot recall the name). Needless to say he left the thing there, posted on some Hummer boards BEGGING for someone to bring an ATV out with the repair parts he needed. I don't think he's found anyone with them yet though :]

Back to real HMMWV's - the problem is that most manufacturers that would normally bid on vehicles do not want to deal with the military and their strict specifications. AMG is the only company that will do it which is why we [taxpayers] have to pay $50k for a Humvee which is bound to be wrecked by a recruit anyway! ;)

Oh, and the addon needs more sharp & smooth edges. biggrin_o.gif

mmm well i´ll continue making sugestions about things that could be cool in this hmmwvs.

* What about operable windshield cleaners? i mean like in the C-47 skytrain...

* What about make doors or unless trunk openable?

* What about an Up-armored version (M-1114)

why stop there? how about the M1116 varient?

ogara2.jpg

or even the IDF version of the HMMWV

http://www.isayeret.com/vehicles/hummer/hummer-1.jpg

http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/special/7142/7142-13.jpg

you gotta hand it to the Isreali's, they know how make pretty damn good armor. i wouldn't be surprised if they could turn a VW beetle into a tank  tounge_o.gif personally i think the US military should start having the Isreali's upgrade their vehicles. wonder what kind of improvements they could make to the Abrams MBT, Bradley, and Stryker,

All US humvee variants are wellcome in this pack, israeli armor variants should be included in mods like Lost Brothers or so...

About Hummers H2... just i don´t like the idea. I wouldn´t like to see these coarse adaptation of the humvee for millionaire people replacing the original humvee... but this is just the opinion of a guy who have been always against Hummer H2 concept, that´s all.

All US humvee variants are wellcome in this pack, israeli armor variants should be included in mods like Lost Brothers or so...

About Hummers H2... just i don´t like the idea. I wouldn´t like to see these coarse adaptation of the humvee for millionaire people replacing the original humvee... but this is just the opinion of a guy who have been always against Hummer H2 concept, that´s all.

yea that feckin thing is ugly as shit isnt it?

I hate to add this, the H2 is 1/2 the cost of an H1, with the low low price of... $50,000 on a GMC blazer chassis (I believe...) wink_o.gif

Anyway H2 was not designed as a military vehicle due to it totally lack of armor and excesive luxury. H2 was designed to be the luxury civilian updated version (over H1) of humvee; something similar to civilian Jeep Wrangler respect to military Jeep Willys. H2 could be cheaper than humvee, but not better (unless for military purposes).

i like the bullet holes idea... doesnt really matter about that stuff it adds to the thing being all beat up and looking good.

you gotta hand it to the Isreali's, they know how make pretty damn good armor.

238291.jpg

ASH SHUAIBA, Kuwait (March 26, 2004)ŃMembers of Coast Guard Port Security Unit (PSU) 307 from St. Petersburg, Fla., check I.D.s and inspect vehicles at a checkpoint. PSU 307 is currently deployed to the region to help protect the Port of Ash Shuaiba and the coalition ships involved in the largest redeployment of troops and equipment since World War II. The troops and equipment are heading into and out of Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Coast Guard Port Security Units are comprised mostly ofreservists and are often deployed overseas to protect strategic ports used by the U.S. Navy and coalition forces. The units include heavily armed high-speed boats and a shoreside security force trained in combat skills and tactics. USCG Photo by PA1 Matthew Belson

so do we  wink_o.gif

US Humvees don´t need israeli armor because an american company do it; it´s called O´Gara Hess and is in charge to make up-armored variants (M-1114-1116) for AM General.

Please Fischkopp make the M998 with back canvas cover. I love this variant. biggrin_o.gif

hmmwv-4dstce.jpg

Hmm, OFPEC tags?? rock.giftounge_o.gif

I´m agree with Pappy Boyington about different PBOs for each versions group

Hmm, OFPEC tags?? rock.gif  tounge_o.gif

yes ofpect tags tounge_o.gif bitch tounge_o.gif lol jk

it was just a base suggestion for what he should name it.

Your HMMWV's Looking very nice... One thing only, lower the driver position so he easier could look out the window, the other passenger is a bit lower and better.. smile_o.gif

I just noticed this at an other topic here, new missle system for hmmwv's.. etc..

Check these links at this topic wink_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=39838

MCAR Proyect scripts with a decent TOW model would rocks mounted over Fischkopp's beauties!

wink_o.gif

My troops deployed on Tonal need humvees with mounted machineguns. We are suffering to many ambushes from tops and we don´t want to get out from humvees to shot down the snipers tounge_o.gif

My troops deployed on Tonal need humvees with mounted machineguns. We are suffering to many ambushes from tops and we don´t want to get out from humvees to shot down the snipers tounge_o.gif

[i/img]

simple the other humvvee pack has armed units with weapons. built for Tonal in mind.

WOW....That was my first impression...I'm new to Fischkopp's Humvee and i like what i see.Can anyone tell me the differance between his first release as the file size seems to be larger than the new version!!!.And a question for 'HMMWV'..Ive noticed your realy into Humvee's so are Fischkopps colours dead on.What i mean by that is the woodland camo scheme, is that colour one of many variants of woodland patern camo...

humvee.jpg

Now ive tested this little beauty i cant wait for the complete addon smile_o.gif..

From a new fan of 'Fischkopp's'

Ok, I´m still working on the pack.

Here are two pics of the M1025 with M2-MG and Mk.19 GL (without textures)

PicM1025a.jpg

PicM1025b.jpg

about the lights which seems to be on all the time. I´don´t know how to fix, the same with the muzzzle flash oft the M1025 with M2-MG. Sometimes it works for me, bur now it doesn´t.

you need a Cfg models part in the config to fix the muzzle flash and light problem

At the moment the only way for users to install the muzzleflash bug is to turn off Hardware T&L and just turn it back to normal settings w/o T&L...

Which is the newest version, because the one from site 1 is the one with no shadows.

Did I missed a newer link?!

MfG Lee rock.gif

P.S. Welcome back Blackdog

about the lights which seems to be on all the time. I´don´t know how to fix, the same with the muzzzle flash oft the M1025 with M2-MG. Sometimes it works for me, bur now it doesn´t.

I saw in your current coding file in the beta version;

well if you change following:

class CfgModels

{

class Default{};

class Vehicle: Default{};

class Car: Vehicle{};

class wood_hmmwv_c: Car{};;

};

For your other models, just add another line there ex.

class p3dmodelname: Car{};

Note: Remember the last in this list should have two ;; as the code above.. the cars between just need one ;

Now you have fixed the lights, mg flash etc....

If you need any help, just PM me  wink_o.gif

--------------

Took three screenshots of the new HMMWV, check links below..

HMMWV Screen 1

HMMWV Screen 2

HMMWV Screen 3

Just one suggestion Fischkopp. If you see real pictures, browning or any other machinegun is a little bit more raised from the top than your browning so gunner should have their arms raised aswell. i think the modification of this issue supposes add a new animation for gunner position...

This is just a draw but here you can see what i´m talking about