Sign in to follow this  
ni-mh

Fischkopp's hmmwv pack

And a question for 'HMMWV'..Ive noticed your realy into Humvee's so are Fischkopps colours dead on.What i mean by that is the woodland camo scheme, is that colour one of many variants of woodland patern camo...

Well Mr Reality, I know there are several woodland camo patterns. All what i said is that i prefer another pattern, one without black (more or less) that´s all, and i said that these new textures are very good and realistic. First beta textures was another thing. these were not so realistic due to colors and other details (as many others said).just see the other posts.

I have problems with some missions when intros are played, so as I had the same problem with my desert and woodland humvee pack, I have reviewed your config.cpp and I have found this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class HMMWV: Jeep {};

class wood_hmmwv_c: HMMWV

If you inherit from HMMWV somehow give some problems.

When I was fixing the humvees Rudedog told me the same I'm going to told you now.

Quote[/b] ]

This is because, in a dedicated server situation, if you inherit from another addon like the Humvee, any mission you play on a dedicated server with a BIS Humvee will try to call the des_west addon too.  It will fail since des_west is not declared in the required addons array of the mission.  If you drop it down a class like jeep, which is in the core game, this will not happen.  This will also happen if you have the same model names in multiple addons.  This is why it is important to use prefixes on models and classes, such as CBT or BAS.

So I recommended you to make the same change and leave the config.cpp in that way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class wood_hmmwv_c: Jeep

or add this line to the config (Required addons) so doesn't have problems with the inherit.

Quote[/b] ]

class CfgPatches

{

class FK_HMMWV

{

units[] = {wood_hmmwv_c};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.91;

requiredAddons[] = {"BIS_Resistance"}; //Line added by Flaber

};

};

Anyway... good work and continue on that way..

Thanks

Flaber

Isn't that addon dependencies?

Bloody pain in the rear.

@CERO

Isn't that addon dependencies?

Bloody pain in the rear.

@CERO

yes... they are.

If you use HMMWV class, you need to include in required addons the resistance, or the addon could have strange behaviour.If you don't belive me try playing a mission with an intro.

Anyway, it's very easy to fix this little problem (one cpp line) and it's a very good addon

Flaber.

DLed your humvees and was impressed. A few suggestions i think would be a great addition:

The idea about removing the back seats and having people just sit around in the back and have space for a person to lie down, like in the medic m113.

also it would be great to have a version with a folded down front window with a mounted m16 on the front passenger side so that the passenger can shoot ahead, like the mp5 on the BAS littlebird. I dont mean put the m16 hovering out the front side window, but in front of the passenger with the gunbarrel over the hood.

An M998 with folding windshield would rocks! something like WWII Jeep Willys addon.

Fischkopp is plannig to release a M-997 4 litter maxiambulance so...

An M998 with folding windshield would rocks! something like WWII Jeep Willys addon.

The windshield folds on the humwv but unlike the jeep lacks the pins to secure it proporly, without modifcation. Its common to just remove the windshield glass or take off the windshield frame. Cause the glass breaks too easilly, and he frame is very heavy it takes two men to lift it if its got armored glass. It also contains a whiper motor, and the arm assembly for the whipers. the windshiled also folds inwards to the cabin for transport by truck or rail so the window doesn't get smashed.

The windshield folds on the humwv but unlike the jeep lacks the pins to secure it proporly, without modifcation.   Its common to just remove the windshield glass or take off the windshield frame.  Cause the glass breaks too easilly, and he frame is very heavy it takes two men to lift it if its got armored glass.  It also contains a whiper motor, and the arm assembly for the whipers.  the windshiled also folds inwards to the cabin for transport by truck or rail so the window doesn't get smashed.

almost all basic humvee variants (even hard top versions) have two little pieces placed over the hood which allow to hook the windshield when is folded down with the help of two harnesses and without any other modification. This method allow to go with the windshield folded down without the risk of break the glass when the humvee is moving and without remove it (yeah its a little bit heavy)

enganches.jpg

Those are commly used for other things instead like holding barbed wire and cammo netting. Do a rather pissy job of hold the windshield in rough terrain it usually cracks the hell out of the faberglass/kevlar hood, as well as break the windshield wiper assempbly but they fry all the time, just from vibration. Guess seeing Addons don't have to follow unit SOP and polygons don't break like aircraft aluminum Still be better to go without the frame period like the verssions we have with no standard feild modicatations.

Were not even supposed to tell them they can fold the windsheild frame on the trucks. Most of the time they got the coveres on them unless someplace like NTC where they last about five minutes in the field. Driving around in a convoy there with the shield folded is playing russain roulet, rocks being tossed from other vehicle tires can kill you. Not to mention the dust from convoy movements as you spend a hour hacking up dust from your lungs. Eh ohwell sure its gonna get done anyway just appease peoples demands.

Those are commly used for other things instead like holding barbed wire and cammo netting.  Do a rather pissy job of hold the windshield in rough terrain it usually cracks the hell out of the faberglass/kevlar hood, as well as break the windshield wiper assempbly but they fry all the time, just from vibration.  Guess seeing Addons don't have to follow unit SOP and polygons don't break like aircraft aluminum   Still be better to go without the frame period like the verssions we have with no standard feild modicatations.

these two pieces could be used in many ways as you said but when humvee are not in battlefield this pieces are used to hook the windshield (for in-base transportation as link vehicle for example)

This method was not concieved to be used in battlefield when humvee moves over a hard terrain filled with holes and obstacles, cause its obvious that a humvee windshield is not a jeep one, and it´s not good to compare a humvee with a jeep in any way.

Anyway it like to me and that´s all

OK, Guys here i present you the weapon carrier variants

[mg]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/WeapAll.JPG[/img]>100kb

[mg]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/WeapM2.JPG[/img]>100kb

M1025 HMMWV with M2 Machine Gun

If you look through the turret you will see a creat with a MK.19 marking. Every M1025 weapon carrier will be equiped with a MK.19/M2 on tripod.

[mg]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/WeapMK19.JPG[/img]>100kb

M1025 HMMWV with MK. 19 Grenade Launcher

[mg]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/WeapTOW.JPG[/img]>100kb

M1036 HMMWV with TOW-2 Rocket Launcher

I hope i can get the script for the TOW functional ASAP.

Also you can see on the third pic that i have improved the wheel texture. I used for this Marfys wheel from the MAF_HMMWV

did u use Sigma's 50 cal sounds for the M2??

did you fix the headlights bug?

when can we expect these out?

hehe i though i would sneak the last one in...

That´s just all what i´ve ever want. just awesome  wow_o.gif

All version will come finally with snorkel?

*drools*

Yes yes use Sigma's M2 sounds!

Very nice Humvees, I can't wait till they're released wink_o.gif

I Have thought about that monkey, but I don´t now how it is fixed on the HMMWV. Maybe hmmwv can help me with this with a pic cos i haven´t found one

Until now, nothing better than this

gunner_shield.jpg

But still searching... now i´m tired and i´m going to sleep tounge_o.gif

wow wow_o.gif they're absolutely stunning!

any hopes of implementing a shadow lod in the future?

Another picture i found in my archives (i´ve cropped it) I hope this can be useful for you

shield.jpg