Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

WOW, hyakushiki, you did a damn good thing....

and I've never minded to download again and again and again, I just want the perfect version.  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]depboing and repboing isnt a problems since its all uncompressed

I was wondering about that file size tounge_o.gif . But the models are beautiful, and I don't mind that my OFP folder has ballooned to 7.08 GB wink_o.gif .

Atwar Mirror of the HYK Units with LSR Weapons (Weapons included, HYK pbo Compressed)(40MB)

full compression the HYK soldiers = 32 MB

twice the size of the orginal.

very nice work on it all smile_o.gif

Some very, very minor bugs...they don't really need to be address smile_o.gif

MINOR2copy.jpg

1. This only happens on certain units...mostly on some SF and most reguler units.  Remeber this from old version.  Very minor.

2.  in the face up death position, the pistol holster strap streches along with the rig.  

But beyond that, this is the best infantry addon pack ever concieved wink_o.gif

just noticed a few of them suffer a flash bug in the shadows, mainly on the 93 Rangers. Cool just perfect to go with my updated hmmwvs and 2 1/2 ton trucks.

Well after messing with them for a while, noticed, the officer woodland 93 wears a hat, and beret at the same time. Desert heavy machine gunner doesn't work, must be missing the weapon he carries. Mitch helmet equiped units should be placed in a 04 selection, and frizt wearing units put back into the 03 slot. The mitch equiped units are missing the addmendments to the interceptor body armor enhancements made up of the shoulder and arm protective sleeves. If needed I can supply images of them I just got it issued.. The 85 troops used both the M9 and M1911A1 it was optional dpepending on your preferance, until supply stopped getting ammo for the 45 and it was totally phased out by 96.

hykw03error-01.jpg

yep rhs have some very nice troops i have an eraly beta but a friend showed a pic of later version and there amazing smile_o.gif

These new soldiers are ace! One lil prob i've just noticed when running in third person veiw if you press the alt button to look around whilst running the goggles look like they stretch away from the helmet

These new soldiers are ace! One lil prob i've just noticed when running in third person veiw if you press the alt button to look around whilst running the goggles look like they stretch away from the helmet

D'oh, that a bug as old as OFP itself. AFAIK this can't be fixed. It's one of those engine limitations. It happenes on ALL addons which have animated goggles, visors, ect.

Great job! The units looks really great! They will be put to hard work in a joint Finnish/US training excercise biggrin_o.gif

This will be my third time to download these nice looking units crazy_o.gif

STOP IT for a week to bugfix them, so I can finally play with it and check them out myself biggrin_o.gif

is it just me, or have i found a bug on the 91 desert units?

the arms turn white (untextured) when they get hit...

suppose it´s just missing wound textures ;)

That is a bug which happened in older version.  sad_o.gif

The latest version number is 1.52. Check links in the first page of this thread.

Great job on these units, I was very surprised to see them this morning on ofpbase.com, and quite happy to see SF units and winter units as well. Regardless of the few bugs, you did an outstanding job on these guys!

That is a bug which happened in older version. sad_o.gif

The latest version number is 1.52. Check links in the first page of this thread.

well, then ill just say as Homer Simpson.... DOH!!

More bugs sighted....Artic '03 SF Saboteur has medic arm patches and buttpack texture.

And the covert Arctic SF medics (both 85 and 03) are missing theirs

Will there be 85 versions of rangers and airborne troops in a future release? How about woodland versions of the rangers too. Pity Laser didn't make suppressed versions of the Car-15. That would go well with the covert SF troops.

BTW great looking units HYK  biggrin_o.gif

this pack is great.....I just love all of the units, I like the SF CQB guys the most.....You made them look really badass biggrin_o.gif

Yes! the soldiers use jam weapons yay unclesam.gif

i love having hd weapons battles it just makes it more fun when battles last longer , and it gets more intense.

I don't get it what a few people seem to have against jam 2 weapon pack?rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

These units rocks, and i rarely make any missions that doesn't need jam 2 one way or the other biggrin_o.gif

The statement about MICH wearing units being needed to be placed in 04 isn't entirely correct. There are multiple photographs of 82nd Airborne paratroopers deployed to Afghanistan wearing primarily MICH helmets as early as 2002, along with US SF.

More importantly, great units! Love the Airborne infantrymen! Also, I can't say how happy I am to finally have a good looking MICH in game.

Thank you guys for downloading and making various remarks on my addon.

I'm so happy to got so many favorable reviews from so many people. biggrin_o.gif

Will there be 85 versions of rangers and airborne troops in a future release? How about woodland versions of the rangers too.

As far as I know, airborne troops in late '80s era is not so different from reguler units except helmet strap.

So I don't have any plans to make '85 version airborne units.

Rangers in my pack were designed as bonus units at first because some equipments designed for SFs and existing units are also available for making BHD Rangers.

But, I'm going to include woodland version of BHD Rangers in next update if there are requests. Maybe they will be placed in '89 section.

@Bobcatt666

You should keep original hidden selection settings beacuse some units shares p3d model to minimize pbo file size.

Thank you guys for downloading and making various remarks on my addon.

I'm so happy to got so many favorable reviews from so many people. biggrin_o.gif

You got the reviews that you deserve. Seriously, your units are second to none. They're just awesome.

However, I thought I'd just point out one tiny little bug that I noticed since you said that you're planning another update. It's no big deal, really, and you may already know about it. tounge_o.gif

You can see through the bottom of the jacket of the winter soldiers when they're kneeling. You can see it between the legs of the soldier in this picture that was posted:

deadwin1less.jpg

I imagine that this is due to the fact that the faces on back of the jacket are being culled, but I have no real idea about how the OFP engine handles this stuff, so I don't know if it's possible to fix in o2.

Anyway, that's the only flaw that I found in your near-perfect units. Keep up the good work.

PS: Just out of curiousity, are you working the soldier models for the BoH mod as well?