Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

well that is not an m4 actual but then they would be carrying the one with out the scope. or you could just remove all weapons and then add inq's weapon asuming it uses JAM or just add in the defualt BIS weapon of your choice and if you are usign the inq weapons pakc that auto changes the weapon models for his there you go all fixed.

and if you need to know the class name for the m4 i ti s

Quote[/b] ]this addweapon M4

and the jam m4 is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon JAM_XM177E2

pretty simple

i got a suggestion concerning the "back pack thing," plus the comment about external team radios...i'm disappointed that nobody thought about this, but you know how with bas's rangers you can use the command "this addweapon "bas_satcom."" Why not use this with the rucksacks, patrol packs, camel packs, and add man packed radios and a three day patrol/medic pack? This way, the person can edit it where he likes it.

I read a couple pages ago about who was concidered "special forces." I'm gonna describe what "special forces" based on the chain of command. Lets not argue about this, this comes from congress, not some dumb 18 year old.

USSOCOM (United States Special Operations Command)

Consalidated under USSOCOM are USASOC (United States Army Special Operations Command), AFSOC (Air Force Special Operation Command), and NSWC (Naval Special Warfare Command)

USASOC

includes Delta Force, Army Special Forces(Green Berets), 75th Army Rangers, 160th SOAR, PSYOPS (Psychological Warfare), Civil affairs, JFK Special Warfare Center and Combat And Service Support Units

AFSOC

includes pj and CCs

NSWC

includes SEALs and boat units (does not include marines)

Marine Corps/Marine Force Recon/MEU SOC (Special Operations Capable) is not apart of USSOCOM, nor do they require USSOCOM. MFR isn't under USSOCOM, but they're just as good as SEALs, maybe even better.

Cant get enough of playing with these, they go perfect with !COMBAT vehicals and BAS MH60's, i especialy like the 03 desert units but they are all quite spectacular.

Also good choice of rifles, though i prefer Earl's originals Laser's are the best suitable for this pack for the great quantity of 85 to modern ones and the very good FN Mag, the wisest and smartest choice imo wink_o.gif .

Variety is also great has the units look quite distinct, giving the backpacks to the SF was really smart, gives them a certain "packed for the field" look if you know what i mean.

Even the guys without any gear make great drivers for trucks and stuff, this pack sure is a precious gift, hard to describe with words how much this is apretiated smile_o.gif .

I cant imagine these using rifles other than Earl's or Laser's modifications but changing them to Inq's is simple, though i dont see the point rock.gif .

Once again thank you so much for the anticipated x-mas gift smile_o.gif .

Delta Hawk,

Since I did that little explanation I totally resent being called a dumb 18 year old, especially since it was 12 years ago that I managed to pass that milestone age. tounge_o.gif Flaming someone like that is bad style. Your list was very good and informative though, with 2 small addenums needed. smile_o.gif

What you listed are descibed as Special Operations Forces in the CoC, which you should have put instead of putting "special forces".

Special Forces is still a specific unit in offical nomenclature, US Army Special Forces ie those also nicknamed Green berets just as you too described.

And the USMC have sent a detatchment from Force Recon to SOCOM on a trial basis. What ever came of that I don't know.

Now this is far of topic, kind of, so lets get back on track again:

I'd like to voice for removable backpacks as suggested above, and also inclusion of a radio item would be very nice, especially for the players ability or inability to call for help based on the radios precense or not. smile_o.gif

I was wondering if the new camouflage patterns will be modeled in this addon. Specifically, I'm interested in the new Army ACUs (the replacement for the BDUs).

once again hyakushiki, you have outdone yourself. My favorite units are the 85 special forces. they got flack collars on, they got their backpacks, and they're ready for war. Those updated 03 boys have no flack collars therefore i don't like em. I can hardly wait to find a co op clan and get into some serious fun again.

Hello Hyakushiki. I'm having trouble trying to reach you through your email. Would it be ok if I use your troop pack in my model replacement config? I'd be using them to replace the default US infantry in the game.

PS... They are very exellent you da man Hyakushiki.

@Delta Hawk:  I was told that since the Navy and the Marines fall under the united states department of treasury that they can switch uniforms at will if they want to.  Therefore if a seal wants to be a marine he can be a marine.  Also, though the marines don't fall under SOCOM, they could if they wanted to.  Don't believe me?  Question Solid Snake's transformation in MGS2.  I know its fictional but based on true information to make the game.  My source is an ex navy personell from the sixties. Not saying im right, just wanting to talk about it.

Hyakushiki, much thanks. Alot of thought was put into this. I was surprirsed to see special forces in this addon. For the first time, real green berets. Good quality ones too.

no that is wrong.

the Navy and USMC are part of the dept of defence.

but the navy will wear marine BDU's ie corpmen. navy corpmen wear the marine's bdu's when deployed with marines.

the navy for the most part does not have a real bdu they use the marines like the navy patrol cap is the same as the marines cover jsut missing the globe and anchor. so the navy might move to the MARPAT soem day but for now they use the old woodland and 3 colour desert..

now the coast guard was part of the deptment of transportation and only during times of war was it part of the dept of defence. but now it is under the dept of homeland Security.

and i know people hate this but the USMC are part of the dept of the navy and are under the navy chain of command.

the USMC is not really a branch of the armed forces or dept it is mainly the ground forces of the navy.

Calm_Terror is right.

The Marine Corps does indeed fall under the Department of the Navy, which is subordinate to the Department of Defense.  But even with its subordination, the USMC is the most capable marine force in the world.  

Bear with me, what I mean is, there are only a handful of nations which even have marine-like organizations.  Of them, a considerable amount of them are better classified as naval infantry than as the modern marines we are familiar with.  

The USMC's true strength is its ability to conducted sustained operations away from its parent naval assets.  For example, look at the USMC's early actions in Afganistan in late 2001.  Or their participation in OEF in Iraqi.  Nation-building is typically an Army role, but the USMC has adepted to its new role pretty well.

i got a suggestion concerning the "back pack thing," plus the comment about external team radios...i'm disappointed that nobody thought about this, but you know how with bas's rangers you can use the command "this addweapon "bas_satcom."" Why not use this with the rucksacks, patrol packs, camel packs, and add man packed radios and a three day patrol/medic pack?  This way, the person can edit it where he likes it.

Hear hear! I've been waiting for these for ages. It would'nt be that hard to make, I reckon?

only problem with making the backpack a weapon is you then can't have an at weapon and the backpack. kinda defeats the point.

only problem with making the backpack a weapon is you then can't have an at weapon and the backpack. kinda defeats the point.

And the backpack being just quality eye candy.. hmm i think it is fine how he did it, i remember someone made a working backpack addon some time ago where we could carry stuff in it and drop it to the ground just like a weapon but there were a few probs with it rock.gif .

Maybe backpacks will be properly built into the game with OPF2.

I would just like to see the ability to take the backpack off through the action menu (somewhat like lower goggles) and maybe take a helmet off too to reveal a beret.

these are brilliant. Will do nicely for my joint US, UK desert missions.

Now all I need is Desert UK troops.

There are Desert UK troops out there,but all i found was beta stuff.

no removign the helmets are stupid. and i hate the over used action menue it gets blulky with more then 1 addation

I agree with calm_terror all the way. Just look at PUKF dpm guys, way too many stuff in the menu. If you really don't want backpack and stuff on em just edit the hidden selection in the config. smile_o.gif

@jotte, i wasn't calling you a stupid 18 year old, i was calling me that, considering i'm just plaing a game. Alot of ppl would just say crap just to stick thier nose in it. when i said "special forces," it was just a saying, nothing in particular

@bowery, honestly, since Marines are thier own self contained force (unlke all the other forces), they don't require USSOCOM at all...USSOCOM wants them apart though and they are beginning to cooperated.

With the back packs as a weapon, i had a bas ranger that i gave a radio, a law and a m4/m203. Pistols have thier own slot as far as i remember. I really think hyk should do this cuz alot of times, Green Berets don't even carry pack that big and it would suit everybodies taste.

@ Delta Hawk - understood smile_o.gif

@ Pajama - Since I'm not exactly fluent in config editing I'd like to get a tip on what lines it is i need to change to "ditch" the backpacks? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@ Pajama - Since I'm not exactly fluent in config editing I'd like to get a tip on what lines it is i need to change to "ditch" the backpacks? smile_o.gif

the way its done on our PUKF troops is that the backpacks are a hidden selection, and then they are put back on either as the main script with a gamelogic, or as a little script ("patrolpack.sqs") just to add it to an individual.

^^

I was thinkin something like that on these troops for the backpacks would be a great idea

Easy, edit the units yourself, Hky cannot do all theses changes on the units for a single induvidiuals. Authorzation was granted sometime ago, so constantly spamming the thread demanding things be done _your_ way, is rather dumb..

Get out O2 edit the units on your own and get it over with.. Be happy he bothered making them with different weapon options. I've all ready gone and reworked them into propor untis of the time lines they needed to cover. Rather than harrass the addon-maker cause your too damn _lazy_ to do it yourself.