Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

Not too difficult too do, if you understand how a config works.

Maybe someone can make ECP Compatible Version when the new ECP is out smile_o.gif

Greets Eversmann

Note that the forum system here breaks up the line for the fired EH into two - this should be only one line in the editor. There's also a space between the "4" and the "in" near the end.

If you use code instead of quote for your tags it should keep it exactly as you type it smile_o.gif

If you use code instead of quote for your tags it should keep it exactly as you type it smile_o.gif

Yep. I needed to colour code parts of it though, for clarity - hence the use of the quote environment.

Yeah not bad.

How about some HYK Models with Digi Woodland or Desert Camo rock.gif  smile_o.gif

If you're talking about MARPAT than the Semper Fi studio is already working on those.

If you're talking about ACU, than I'm afraid you'll have to give it a try yourself, since it's not planned by anyone yet AFAIK

The Urban-T from "Operation Urban Warrior 99" looks extremely cool and actually works in larger cities like the ones found on Nogova2004.

Quote[/b] ]

If you're talking about ACU,

Also, I think you forgot to add it's going to suck.

Maybe I'll try myself too make some HYK Guys with DIGI Camo.

But only for myself and my Brother not for the Community tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

ACU is going to suck? I can see you're not an insider.

It would be nearly impossible to make an ACU addon for OFP. Marpat is on the edge, but ACU can't be done. The reason is that the ACU is one camouflage for woodland, desert and urban area's. The camouflage reflects the light from the surroundings and will look like that. So in the woods it's looks green, in the desert it looks yellow, ect. Multicam is even better than this.

So a realistic ACU for OFP is impossible

I'm not familiar with that urban camo (ive seen it before) but is it actually in use?

Retex looks good.  smile_o.gif

I think a similar Urban camo-design was used with the Guerillas, and I had read from the account of someone in the topic or the readme that the design on the USMC Urban-T Camo was an older Urban Camo-type.

I thought that MARPAT was made in Urban colors, but I figure theres not much need for Urban camo...a city is in a desert, or grasslands, or a snowy area. Putting on a uniform just to enter a city seems redundant. tounge_o.gif Maybe the Marines who went with those UN guys into Lebanon or whatever the place was in the 80s used it, I dont know.

Quote[/b] ]

It would be nearly impossible to make an ACU addon for OFP. Marpat is on the edge, but ACU can't be done. The reason is that the ACU is one camouflage for woodland, desert and urban area's. The camouflage reflects the light from the surroundings and will look like that. So in the woods it's looks green, in the desert it looks yellow, ect. Multicam is even better than this.

This made me wondering about an OFP soldier with a camo texture using the BIS water texture while activating DXDLL.

When I try to use Hyk Ranger i get this error message: Error loading hyk_ussol\wl\hyk_usran_wl89.p3d (Magic)

Same with Hyk SF units: Error loading hyk_ussol\wl\hyk_ussfb_wl85.p3d (Magic)

I searched before posting but no results...

When I try to use Hyk Ranger i get this error message: Error loading hyk_ussol\wl\hyk_usran_wl89.p3d (Magic)

You most likely have an old version somewhere in your modfolders together with the newest version in aqn other modfolder.

The units you mentios were added in later versions and when you have an old version the game won't be able to load them, because they aren't in the older version.

You most likely have an old version somewhere in your modfolders together with the newest version in aqn other modfolder.

The units you mentios were added in later versions and when you have an old version the game won't be able to load them, because they aren't in the older version.

D'oh!! Thanks! smile_o.gif

I have the Y2K3 unit replacement installed... So there's the problem... Thanks again! smile_o.gif

I have the Y2K3 unit replacement installed... So there's the problem... Thanks again! smile_o.gif

check the Y2K3 website news section with a "how to" to fix your Y2K3 mod to use the new units (or downlaod the limited edition config with that and many other fixes/changes in place) to solve your problems and overwrite the orginal hyk addon in your Y2K3 addons folder

Quote[/b] ]

why don't they just make 3 acu versions

wood, desert and normal grey one

or how they are supposed to look like in their environment

but the problem is what DO they look like in their surroundings

would be sweet to have some M16A4 models with ACOG scope and modded front, ie RIS rails, front grip, laser kit, maybee a pouch on the stock like sniper rifles have...

when I watch stuff from iraq, more and more ppl are carrying modded versions of the M16A4 not only a scope...

I use these guys everytime I go play some modern day missions like in Iraq, of Afghanistan..

Example of some action today...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....559.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....286.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....082.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

would be sweet to have some M16A4 models with ACOG scope and modded front, ie  RIS rails, front grip, laser kit, maybee a pouch on the stock like sniper rifles have...

Something like this small modifications of M16A4 made by me from INQ "do-it-yourself M4 Pack" ? biggrin_o.gif

Of course this is only small modification

m16a46vs.th.jpg

m16a426ur.th.jpg

Its scary how the uniform makes him stand out like a light spot in this picture its almost like a plain black would have been better?

picture

I accuactly think that it would be posible to make a "correct" ACU you just have to find the right colours cause its the colour of the uniform that changes its the way that our eys sees then so if you did a bit of texting im prity sure you could come up with an ACU pattern which is usefull for OFP but lets face it, this is not your favorit woodland camo rather CANDAT or Danish M84.

STGN