Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

You can see through the bottom of the jacket of the winter soldiers when they're kneeling. You can see it between the legs of the soldier in this picture that was posted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Pajama_Man/OFP/deadwin1less.jpg

I imagine that this is due to the fact that the faces on back of the jacket are being culled, but I have no real idea about how the OFP engine handles this stuff, so I don't know if it's possible to fix in o2.

Oops... The answer is very simple, I've simply forgot to make faces. tounge_o.gif

I assure this will be fixed in next update.

PS: Just out of curiousity, are you working the soldier models for the BoH mod as well?

Yes, current BOH soldiers are my work based on RyoGuGu's former version.

And I'm now planning to make updates on them.

Btw, here are some news about BOH mod. JASDF project which has released some nice Japanese fighter addon has joined to BOH mod.

Members of JASDF project will work as a member of BOH mod from now on.

And here are new shots of our island in the making. Click the link below, you can see several shots of our new island. wink_o.gif

http://boh.s27.xrea.com:8080/xj/modules/myalbum/

If the BOH soldiers are just as good as these than they'll rock!

Quote[/b] ]You got the reviews that you deserve. Seriously, your units are second to none. They're just awesome.
Fully agree!

The ONLY thing I don't like are the 'golden' desert weapons, but these are Lasers, and not yours tounge_o.gif

Everything else is just awesome.

Dude, outstanding job man. Them units look very good. I'm especially happy with the 82nd Airborne troopers, combine these with HAWK's C130 and yeah... *jump* *jump*

The only thing I dun like is the weapon choice (either jam or lsr's, with all due respect to laser but I find earl's weapons nicer, just an opinion, don't be flamed please), but that's no biggie (rearmed them).

Doomo arigatou gozaimasu no tomodachi!! (well, maybe skip the tomodachi part, I barely know you tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif)

The BOH Island looks nice too, but I see alot of objects on some pics, how does it run on low-end comps (just curious)?

The MAP weapon pack is "lacking" several 80's weapons, chiefly the M16A2 with M203. Since Hyk's pack covers this era too this becomes an important issue.

The MAP weapon pack is "lacking" several 80's weapons, chiefly the M16A2 with M203. Since Hyk's pack covers this era too this becomes an important issue.

Yeah, but it's just a personal preference of me, I don't mind since I never play with the '85 units.

Like I said, it's no biggie. smile_o.gif

Very well done units!! Congrats on this, now i got a standard addon more biggrin_o.gif

But one thing I don't really understand: Why did you change the M60 model to the old BIS one and did not keep the INQ one?

The other thing about the heavy machine gun is that I actually never really liked the M240. But yours looks very good so I think, I'll change my opinion to the M240 in OFP smile_o.gif

Also a very kind idea was to include some units without any gear. Simply with hat or beret. Very nice!

Regards

Lockheed Martin$ch

One last request for anybody

could somebody make a version of the airborne and regular inf troops with rucksacks on them?

I noticed the left arm model was "fixed", no longer displays the weird triangular bicep and the hand grenades look alot more detailed too, many new nice touches and aditions to the pack, awsome stuff wow_o.gif .

Could go without JAM maybe...but this pack simply rules, thanks Hyk and RyoGuGu biggrin_o.gif .

HYK: Yes 93 woodland rangers would be a nice addition!! Also maybe some SF without rucks. Very good stuff BTW!!

Hello,

I noticed this while trying the SF CQB unit , changed several OFP graphic options , and it is always like this

xbfffxd.jpg

Not really the same baclava i noticed in one of the preview screenshot.

I am using the 1.52 version (but it occured with the 1.50 too)

EDIT : i found the source of the problem, in fact if you have in your Flashpoint.cfg a LOD and Limit_LOD values a bit too high (it was at 0.250000 both i think) , it will occur.

After setting them back to 0.005000 both , the baclava became normal, like in the preview screenshot smile_o.gif

sdgsdg.jpg

HYK: Yes 93 woodland rangers would be a nice addition!! Also maybe some SF without rucks. Very good stuff BTW!!

I second that, BTW Hyk, absolutely brilliant units, top notch (I espiecally like the '93 era BHD Rangers).

Another suggestion if you plan to do any SF without Rucks is to give them Camelbaks, Thanks for all your hard work, I'm sure its greatly appreciated by all.

HYK, I don't know if it was mentioned before, but how did you get the 1985 SF (S) Soldier to have 11 primary mag slots??? I was playing around with the SF guys and that soldier has 1 MP5 mag in the weapon, plus 7 spare mags, plus 3 hand grenades?rock.gif I thought the limit was 10 weapon slots???

you can actual add slots to a trooper in the units config it is liek weaponslot=4 or soemtihng like that. it is mainly used for snipers to add a ton of 5 rd mags(same can be done for weapons themselves ie make a weapon only use half a slot, etc). but if you wanted you could make a unit with a ton of slots and make him the carrier unit. (note that code is not correct would have to actual look it up)

well here is the way to make an weapon size ie use how many and what kinda slots

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">magazineType="2 * 256";

thast will make the weapon use 2 primary weapon slots.

so if i remember right you copuld do like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">magazineType=".5 * 256";

and that would make it use half a slot.

so is there anychance of getting any of the refular inf units with rucks or the airborne troops with rucks

I see the Arctic 03 SF saboteur has been fixed, but the 85 and 03 arctic medics (S) are still without medic arm patches and medic buttpack textures.

I also miss radio operators for all infantry, SF, Airborne and Ranger units. Is it possible to get some of those in a future update?

I really enjoy playing around with those new arctic SF guys biggrin_o.gif

First of all great addon, one of the best ive seen so far really..

Just a suggestion though many people including myself use the high res addon pack made by inquisitor that worked fine with your previous version.

In this version the special ops use a rifle (BIS original) that was not replaced by inq mod that looks very outdated and out of place used by one of your high quality models.

I was just wondering if you could possible adapt it to use INQs mod aswell if you havent already though about it.  Im guessing it would just mean changing some loadouts for the special ops guys to change it to the high quality M4s.

Well though id ask anyway worth a try!

Keep up the good work mate.

Maggot

Hyk, this update is fantastic. I really enjoy the woodland SF guys with packs...perfect for combat patrol missions. Few addons get me excited about making missions with them, but this one definitely does!

I also appreciate the option to download your soldiers with JAM weapons, instead of including a cobbled-together weapons pack as well. I equip most units with Earl's weapons from the Marine Assault Pack, so I appreciate getting JUST your soldiers in the download.

My one request is the ability to place different division patches on the soldiers, like 10th Mtn, 101st, etc...that would add a lot to in-game atmosphere in missions.

However, these units are wonderful as is. Thanks very much for your hard work! I'll be enjoying these for quite a while.

smile_o.gif

could someone do a version with other weapons, like INQ weapons or something? to make a more fittingly equiped force

arkengel just do that youself. not everyone uses those lag monster weapons.. and those who complained aboto the weapons no longer beign inq using his weapons replacement or y3k you don't loaded the wrong verision you need the plain jam one not hte laser one.

calm_terror you speak as if you know everything.....Yes some people do use those 'lag monsters' but may I add 'most detailed and best' as far as im concerned, probably because they have the money for better computers....but hey at least you can spell  tounge_o.gif    not.

The basic pack does not allow however for inqs weapons as it utilises the M4 with the scope that was not covered directly in INQs pack.  All it would take is a change in the config to accomodate inqs weapons.  And that.....is what i beg of him to do  smile_o.gif